20 members have voted

1. 1. how good is the game

• Extremely Awful
    • boring
    • the game is alright
    • VERY GOOD
    • BRILLIANT

complaints;

barely any new features(only i discovered 2d pitch,holding down X,choosing nationality,changing leagues,league history,)

themes suck

game for some reason feels uncomfortable with 2d pitch

only defense(dc,drc,dlc)can score,only benzema(with barca) managed a few

2d pitch sometimes freezes

missing players

scouts still same

good points

FMH 2009 is OUT!

fun game

the ability to change leagues

the richness of man city, 220 million pounds

for the first time i can be a pakistani in the game

overall;

....................................you think i'm not gonna recommend it right?

wrong!get the game i am only half way through the season,though it has some bad parts the game is damn good

The underlying match engine is largely unchanged from previous FMH versions - the 2D simply takes the data given to it by the match engine and provides a top down view of where the ball and players are. So I'd imagine the low scores are just down to chance in this instance. If it helps, we've not encountered this issue during the extensive testing process that the game went through.

• SI Staff
Cheers mate. So will the problem get better? Or will i continue with the shocking score lines?

If you're finding the games unexciting then I'd suggest trying a more attacking style of play - that will obviously lead to more excitement if thats what you're craving ...

On the other hand if those 1-0 scorelines are often in your direction you might want to endure the boredom in order to continue to get results .... the choice is yours.

(personally I generally go for the Keegan school of management, 4132 attacking, short passing and hard tackling - normally get a fair few goals each match)

• SI Staff

PS - When you're watching the match how does the match 'feel' to you? - is it that you're not getting enough posession to craft chances, are you peppering the goal from distance or simply getting bogged down in midfield ... the more info you can give us the more likely it is we can try and help you out.

Transfer Budget? O can you see more financial detail?
its going to be a bit boring managing man city wth all that budget. It would be better if you got the big budget for winning trophies and so on.

oh sorry its 211 millino ponds

I'm having the same problem and it's with ARSENAL!

For example my results since the start of the season.

PL.

2 - 0 vs Liverpool

1 - 0 vs Sunderland

1 - 0 vs Middlesbrough

1 - 0 vs Aston Villa

0 - 0 vs Man Utd

1 - 1 vs Chelsea

1 - 0 vs Stoke

CL.

1 - 0 vs BATE

1 - 0 vs BATE

5 - 0 vs Galatasary, seems to have been purely a freak result.

1 - 1 vs Lyon, back to reality :(

LC.

1 - 0 vs Cheltenham, one word, ridiculous.

I've tried a multitude of tactics, all very attacking including, 4-3-2-1, 4-2-4, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1.

I'm become a bit disillusioned with this!

All the other matches seem to be getting decent scorelines, like 3 - 1's 4 - 1's etc

Don't get me wrong, i know that in football there isn't always high scoring games, but it's becoming a bit of a regular thing, i hope it isn't like this all the time or it will really spoil the game for me.

• SI Staff

I'm sure it'll come to you - bear in mind if you're playing as a large/good side some teams will sit back and defend, sometimes the best way to unlock them in such cases isn't to throw people forward continually but to try and pull them out a little so you have more space (ie. try counter attacking for instance).

Well i'm half way through the season and have had a couple of 3 - 0's but other than that the matches have been really boring, i'ts not just scoring it's conceding, i've played 18 scored 18 and conceded 4 in the league.

The top five looks like this.

---------------P----W----D----L----F----A----Gd----Pts--

1.Arsenal------18---12----4----2---18----4----14----40---

2.Man Utd-----18---10----5----3---33---16----17----35---

3.Chelsea------18----8----9----1---35---18----17----33---

4.Man City-----18----9----6----3---30---16----14----33---

5.Liverpool-----18----8----7----3---38---21----17----31---

So, as you can see the matches that i play are very low scoring, both for and against me.

The goal difference isn't that different but i'd rather score more anyway!

Matches just seem to be boring, i really want to enjoy this game as FMH has always been my fav PSP game, i just think i'm gonna get frustrated with the low scorlines all the time.

Only time will tell though.

We could have a dilema. HELP please as much as i love FMH this one is frustrating me and boring me i want to play it but instead i am playing CoD:WaW but i would rather play FMH. Marc or somebody please help. I would rathe lose every game 10-0 and see goals than 0-0's all the time.

I play very attacking and still there is hardly ever 3+ goals.

In two seasons I think I've had 3 or 4 games that have had more than 3 goals, I'll see if things pick up now now I have Huntelaar, Owen and a couple of good striker regens.

Will post results soon.

• SI Staff

Gut instinct is telling me that the people who are finding things low scoring are mainly those who've signed a fair few players and those haven't settled (as most of these people have indicated that either in the second half of the season or second season things start to 'click').

That being said please keep us informed because we obviously want to keep on top of things and ensure all is well.

• SI Staff
That could be the reason but i didn't sign any first teamers at the beginning, only 3 youngsters.

Do they play in your squad or are they purely benchwarmers presently?

(also have your team signed a fair few plaers irl ? - bear in mind the game knows this and they may be settling in if so)

Still, it's okay now, it's February and i've scored the most and conceded the least in the league.

Nice one :D

Cheers :D

On the signing front though, i loaned two of them out and one was a bench warmer, there were a couple of new additions already there, Samir Nasri, Mikael Silvestre, Amaury Bischoff.

Only Nasri was in the first team though.

It could be more a tactics thing, because i signed a new keeper, and a couple of midfielders in the second season and two of them play, but my results were still good.

That's a possibility.

Archived