Arsenal Rich ??

I picked Arsenal just to check their talented youngsters and I saw that the budget of the team is around 73 million. I dont know if this is a mistake but I always thought wenger always had a tight budget. Is it possible that the board do give him that much funds but he just wants to be hardcore and win cups with teenagers :p

Either way you think its a bug??

Yea its in dollars but it still seemed a lot with all the discussion that happened during the summer transfer break regarding how arsenal would cover hleb and flamini departing. Well thats a waste then bc he could have gotten a key player to complement all of the young talent in the team...Oh well maybe another failure this year would make him realise that he does need to spent a few pennies more.

well i hope your right i think man unirted deseve much more....man city with their owners get 78 million

Man Utd have already spent alot of money this season, they don't have unlimited funds from their owners.

well i hope your right i think man unirted deseve much more....man city with their owners get 78 million

Erm well yeah! they have just been taken over by some of the wealthiest people on earth! IMO Man City should have more....

And IRL United wont be able to match City for funds, that goes without saying

• SI Staff
How is that, they just spent 30 million on Berbatov

Maybe exactly because of that ?

Like Neji already said, they have spent money on transfers already this summer, so naturally the starting budget in the game is less than what it would be if they had not spent any money this summer.

Wenger is as good a businessman as he is a manager. Nasri was the only large purchase this summer for something like 12m, I dont think he has spent more than 12/13 on anyone, infact i think Slyvian Wiltord is down as the clubs record transfer fee. The man is a genius at finding and developing talent, many players in the current first team you will see have been bought for hundreds of thousands , not millions , and when it is millions its just a few compared to Man Utd who spend 20m/30m here and there.

Maybe exactly because of that ?

Like Neji already said, they have spent money on transfers already this summer, so naturally the starting budget in the game is less than what it would be if they had not spent any money this summer.

i agree with that but the games start time is july 2007. before they forked out £30m for berba. i thought the game had an option where you can turn off the 1st transfer window? arguably you could say man u should still have the money.

lol johnyboy, you think buying players like Toure for £150,000 and turning him into a quality premiership defender is not taking a risk ? I personally think thats a sign that he is able to spot talent and develop players instead of spending £30 on someone.

i agree with that but the games start time is july 2007. before they forked out £30m for berba. i thought the game had an option where you can turn off the 1st transfer window? arguably you could say man u should still have the money.

Yes, the option to play weith transfer budgets turned off in the first window is still there.

lol johnyboy, you think buying players like Toure for £150,000 and turning him into a quality premiership defender is not taking a risk ? I personally think thats a sign that he is able to spot talent and develop players instead of spending £30 on someone.

I know he doesn't like spending much, but even I could afford £30.

well i have to sells hargreaves carrick fletcher tevez and van der sar and giigs and nevvile and scholes...all rubbish ...i then have a good budget

Tevez is supossed to be good in this version.. well from what i have read.

And tbh you dont really need to buy much when you are one of the top four they already have class to at least last one season and then see what happens from there.

I think people just spend the money because its there (what i used to do when i got bored with a certain game lol)

yes very poor for france and actually is very inconsistent.Ferdianand 29 million and rock solid with vidic...One i will say bout fergie..get rid of neville scholes giggis too old
he is very poor still in my opinon and toure isnt quality at all.A average player

So you think Toure is french? And an average player?

yes very poor for france and actually is very inconsistent.Ferdianand 29 million and rock solid with vidic...One i will say bout fergie..get rid of neville scholes giggis too old

Oh dear, dont you think the likes of Giggsy (who is Man Utd's record apperance holder) Scholesy and Gazza Neville should be able to see out their days at Old Trafford (which they will) They have been great servants to the club. Fergie wouldn't sell them. He would rather quit. LOL.

• SI Staff

If you want to discuss the finances of Arsenal in FM 2009 then the best place to do that is in the Arsenal Data Issues thread in the Data Issues section

There is also an Arsenal thread in the Football Forum for real-life Arsenal discussion.

Archived