Guide to database setups available on FMH 2009

Football Manager Handheld 2009 introduces the ability to choose multiple leagues for the first time on the PSP. This in turn means that there are now a few different ways to influence the distribution of players that are loaded into your game. This guide is meant to highlight the different start up options available to you.

FMH 2009 effectively includes 20 databases for you to play with. There are two databases for each of the 10 nations. So for each of the nations the following options are available:

Database setup option 1: Choose only one nation's leagues to load

This will result in a similar database 'spread' of players as included in FMH 2008 (i.e. the majority of players will be from the loaded nation with the top players from other nations included).

Database setup option 2: 1 primary nation (all leagues loaded) and 3 top divisions

Multiple league set-ups spread the players across the game world more evenly than single league set-ups. You will find that teams will have just their most established players loaded. There is no advantage (aside from processing speed) in opting not to choose the maximum of three secondary nations when choosing this database setup option.

This option will result in more realistic European results due to the improved balance of players at European clubs within active leagues.

But a player I want to sign isn't present in the game database

If a player you really like isn't present in the PSP game you can always edit him into it using the techniques shown in one of the other sticky threads ("Guide for Editing on FMH2009 ") at the top of this forum.

• SI Staff
Does it slow the game down much by having the three extra leagues in. Also does you get the results from the extra three divisions popping up on screen?

From our internal test logs - running the game on holiday using an unemployed manager and start from the first day of a newly created game.

FMH08 Release:

19/06/2008 FMH2008 Release 3.95 22 mins 20 secs

ENGLAND MAIN with ITALY, SPAIN & SCOTLAND BACKGROUND

02/10/2008 4.05 28 mins 40 secs

So yes its marginally slower with multiple leagues active over the course of a season, but to be honest it won't be really noticable during normal operation as its literally a few seconds here and there during normal play.

Yes, only running with one nation will mean you get more from players loaded for that nation's clubs.

Cheers for speedy reply!

Right ok, so that explains why people are saying there are players "missing" when in fact it is a natural result of the limited pool of players being spread over multiple nations.

Yes, only running with one nation will mean you get more from players loaded for that nation's clubs.

take it that its scaleable as well so only running primary and 1 extra nation will mean more players in each nation than if you have 3 nations running extra..., think I will likely do english and spanish or english and italian...

take it that its scaleable as well so only running primary and 1 extra nation will mean more players in each nation than if you have 3 nations running extra..., think I will likely do english and spanish or english and italian...

If you give the opening post another read - you'll see there is no advantage to running with just one extra nation over the full three (aside from processing speeds).

If you give the opening post another read - you'll see there is no advantage to running with just one extra nation over the full three (aside from processing speeds).

right ok! gotcha thought if you only have one extra nation the pool of players wouldn't be spread as thin, but your right the top post does explain it.

Dont know If anyone else might be having this problem but ive just found something really frustrating. When I load up the english only database OR the english database with other top leagues and I look at the Hearts squad I see Gary Glen one of the best young SCOTTISH players Hearts have developed in years.

Now, when I load the scottish ONLY database and look at Hearts - Gary glen is NOT at Hearts !!!

WHY ? why is a scottish player at his club in other database but not the scottish one ??

I find this really bad I havent noticed other players / clubs this affects but I am sure there must be some.

can Marc of someone please explan this for me ? surely if you load the scottish only database then ALL the scottish players should be loaded ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Partizan--Badger

So if I chose to run England as my main league and Scotland running as well, how many leagues do I get? Will I only get the top division in each country?

• 8 months later...
Football Manager Handheld 2009 introduces the ability to choose multiple leagues for the first time on the PSP. This in turn means that there are now a few different ways to influence the distribution of players that are loaded into your game. This guide is meant to highlight the different start up options available to you.

FMH 2009 effectively includes 20 databases for you to play with. There are two databases for each of the 10 nations. So for each of the nations the following options are available:

Database setup option 1: Choose only one nation's leagues to load

This will result in a similar database 'spread' of players as included in FMH 2008 (i.e. the majority of players will be from the loaded nation with the top players from other nations included).

Database setup option 2: 1 primary nation (all leagues loaded) and 3 top divisions

Multiple league set-ups spread the players across the game world more evenly than single league set-ups. You will find that teams will have just their most established players loaded. There is no advantage (aside from processing speed) in opting not to choose the maximum of three secondary nations when choosing this database setup option.

This option will result in more realistic European results due to the improved balance of players at European clubs within active leagues.

But a player I want to sign isn't present in the game database

If a player you really like isn't present in the PSP game you can always edit him into it using the techniques shown in one of the other sticky threads ("Guide for Editing on FMH2009 ") at the top of this forum.

I just bought FMH09 and this guide seems incorrect to me, particularly the part I have marked in bold. Here's my example, if I select database setup 1 choosing only the English leagues Newcastle have a squad of 30 players as opposed to the 24 or so they have using setup option 2, this goes along with what the guide says.

However, using option 1, with just the English leagues, it seems to me that there are in fact more players playing in european teams than if I select option 2 (having the top division of 3 other leagues).

So if I select option 1, just the english leagues the following squads (picked at random) have the following amount of real, non greyed out players-

Newcastle-30

Juventus-29

Bayern Munich-25

Ajax-23

Dinamo Kiev-19

FC Salsburg-7

Bohemians (the Irish club I support)-2

Now, if I slect option B and load uf the english leagues as well as 3 top divisions from europe (italy, spain and scotland) here is what I get-

Newcastle-24

Juventus-19

Bayern Munich-18

Ajax-18

Dinamo Kiev-4

FC Salsburg-2

Bohemians (the Irish club I support)-1

So selecting the other top divisions brings the amount of real players in clubs aound europe down greatly, and this is the case with all clubs, so how does this make the balance more even when the english clubs still have full squads of players (maybe missing one or two players here and there) while the european clubs lose at least ten players or in the case of Kiev go from having 19 real players to only 4.

So to me, the only advantage of running the one full league with 3 top divisions setup is so that you can have the option to manage in other divisions.

What I don't understand is that running option 2 also seems to provide a much smaller database, given that not only are the english teams obviously not as player heavy as with option 1 but the european teams, as I have pointed out, are pretty much decimated.

Apologies, if I have gotten something horribly wrong, but I would like someone to clarify this guide for me.

• 2 weeks later...

perhaps they are there somewhere, but as I said from my tests I could barely find one european team with more players when selecting the other top divisions option.

As a result I always end up just selecting all the english leagues as then the likes of Balotelli are in the game although this does mean I can't manage in other countries.

The real annoyance is that by selecting the other european leagues you lose players from the premier league like Vela, but it seemingly gives no advantage in terms of getting more continental players so you lose all round apart from having the ability to manage abraod.

To add to the post above i was starting new games to check the update and i tested it so see how many players are on the different databases.

Only england = 4618 Players

England + Top italy, scotland and spain = 4668 Players

So you do get slightly more players but they must be added in smaller leagues instead of the leagues you have selected. Doesnt make sense to me.

I hope this makes more sense in this years version. I don't see the point in playing with the top 3 other divisions loaded if star players such as Balotelli and Vela are removed when they are left in the game along with much bigger main league squads if I just select the one league.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm Italian support of Football Manager. I'm sorry for my english....

I want play with AC MILAN, but is very difficult.. half player aren't in database, I have 5 defender, not Antonini, abate, jankuloswy, inzaghi ecc.ecc...

Can I solve problem??

-22 days to FM2010....................

Thanks

Archived