New idea: Training visualization in 2D/3D match engine

I have been just reading about player attributes again when may be good idea has appeared in my mind.

What about possibility to have training visualized in 2D/3D match engine?

For example:

1. I want to see set pieces in praxis, not only in matches

2. Visualization of training should allow you to set and view this situation in 2D/3D ME in praxis

3. e.g. to select corner kicks as training situation

4. then to select different corner takers (same as in tactics)

5. then to select player position (att/def same as in tactics)

6. and then start the visualisation of training and see it in 2D/3D in ME

From this you can see how your players will act in the matches. From my point of view - great thing.

Just think about free kicks and all set pieces (att/def), crosses, style of play - passing, tempo, or to see just simple running, who is fastest etc.

What is your opinion about it?

P.S.: Sorry if someone had this idea before, I have not found anything like that.

I think most of training would be utterly boring in 2D/3D, set piece practicing being one of the obvious exceptions.

Until set pieces are more tuneable in the game itself though I don't think I'd be too interested in this. If I could tell my players more accurately what I want them to do at set pieces in the game and if I could distinguish between freekick takers when they are going to take a direct freekick and those who are taking an indirect freekick then maybe I'd get more excited by practicing set pieces.

I think most of training would be utterly boring in 2D/3D, set piece practicing being one of the obvious exceptions.

Until set pieces are more tuneable in the game itself though I don't think I'd be too interested in this. If I could tell my players more accurately what I want them to do at set pieces in the game and if I could distinguish between freekick takers when they are going to take a direct freekick and those who are taking an indirect freekick then maybe I'd get more excited by practicing set pieces.

I think that should be vital for adjusting e.g. strikers positioning and mentality setting with various other options - free role? FWR?

And what about offside trap in defense?

Well, certainly some statistics from training (or from your Assistant manager) as to how well your team manage to utilise the offside trap would be useful (most of my FM career I've been too scared to just suddenly start using the offside trap because I have no idea how well my players will do it, even if the defence has been together a while and it is a suicidal tactic if your defence is shambolic!), but again I don't really want to watch this in 2d or 3d.

Practising the offside trap doesn't come into the current training schedule though either - it's one of numerous team/tactics-based training things that presumably just happens somewhere in the background which we have no control over so again that would have to be altered first.

As for striker's mentality I'm not sure what I would learn from seeing a striker training - I can learn much more from watching him in a match.

Well, certainly some statistics from training (or from your Assistant manager) as to how well your team manage to utilise the offside trap would be useful (most of my FM career I've been too scared to just suddenly start using the offside trap because I have no idea how well my players will do it, even if the defence has been together a while and it is a suicidal tactic if your defence is shambolic!), but again I don't really want to watch this in 2d or 3d.

Practising the offside trap doesn't come into the current training schedule though either - it's one of numerous team/tactics-based training things that presumably just happens somewhere in the background which we have no control over so again that would have to be altered first.

As for striker's mentality I'm not sure what I would learn from seeing a striker training - I can learn much more from watching him in a match.

May be you have misunderstood me. I think that it should be vital to set e.g. attacking 5 players vs. defending 4 and set up to play offside trap and see how it is going with your back 4. May be my topic name is not so accurate to what I am sking for. May be "Tactics/training visualized ...".

It could work for things like organising training matches.

It could be but in that case you simply could not have possibility to adjust your corner/free kicks repeatedly. What if there is no free/corner kick in whole match?

May be you have misunderstood me. I think that it should be vital to set e.g. attacking 5 players vs. defending 4 and set up to play offside trap and see how it is going with your back 4. May be my topic name is not so accurate to what I am sking for. May be "Tactics/training visualized ...".

Yes, but again I'd rather just have some bar (like the ones that tell you how much scouting knowledge you have of a certain region) telling me how well my back 4 are learning to play the offside trap. Training isn't involved enough for me to start interfering in how they learn it if I were to watch them doing this so all I really need to know is how good they are at it, which is just a single number or semi-filled bar.

You can arrange friendlies so you can test your tactics.

In frendlies you can not repetetively check and tune your coners, free kicks and mainly - who is the best player for doing some thing. If you substitute player, he is gone, you can not tune effectively. You can not change and combine players in defense line. In friendly, you pick players and you can substitute them, you can not combine substituted ones with playing ones and vice-versa.

E.g. crossing - who is best crosser, when your player has no chance to cross through whole match?

Who is best dribbler in praxis (not in attributes) when you can not compare them?

Who is really best executor of free kicks? Can you compare it? Attribute is one way, performance on the pitch second...especially taken in mind morale, form etc.

I think it should be vital to see it.

Archived