confused

It's utter nonsense this whole thing. Family members have been sharing games for years. These aren't the pirates that need rooted out because guess what - brothers share clothes / CD's / DVD's / computers / rooms everything! SI won't say it but I'd be shocked if they were anti direct family members sharing a copy of a game and wouldn't want to see two brothers who stay at the same house have to buy two copies of the games. I wonder if Ov and Paul Collyer had two copies of games when growing up.. doubt it!

I think it has to do with what Steam account the key is originally registered to. Two people can launch a came at the same time from the same Steam account, hence you can't play it at the same time with the same key. <- I THINK.

It's utter nonsense this whole thing. Family members have been sharing games for years. These aren't the pirates that need rooted out because guess what - brothers share clothes / CD's / DVD's / computers / rooms everything! SI won't say it but I'd be shocked if they were anti direct family members sharing a copy of a game and wouldn't want to see two brothers who stay at the same house have to buy two copies of the games. I wonder if Ov and Paul Collyer had two copies of games when growing up.. doubt it!

i agree but now you can play the game with no disc then it be easy for people to play with the same code at the same time if you get me if you still needed the disc then you cant play at the same time then

I think it has to do with what Steam account the key is originally registered to. Two people can launch a came at the same time from the same Steam account, hence you can't play it at the same time with the same key. <- I THINK.

If that was true then SI/Steam would be monitoring your activities. THEY SAY...you only have to authenticate ONCE wheny you install.

Thus, the above should not be a problem.

Just buy one disc and share it.

just dont see the point in my and bro buying it if it can be played the same way on the same disc. dont see whats wrong with that.

if i buy a game and install it on one computer then a friend could play that game on my computer.

if you install the game on two of your computers and your brother plays it sometimes on one then i would think thats OK.

but if this is a way to get out of buying two then its illigal.

i agree but now you can play the game with no disc then it be easy for people to play with the same code at the same time if you get me if you still needed the disc then you cant play at the same time then

Actually, I don't get you. Learn to use punctuation or use it (either way)

The only point for this authentication thing IMO is to screw over the second hand market.

Actually, I don't get you. Learn to use punctuation or use it (either way)

The only point for this authentication thing IMO is to screw over the second hand market.

soory for that lol.i know about the second hand market i wrote about it in one of the threads i sell games like any other person and i do agree with you

ok then if i was to be naughty and install it on my laptop and brothers laptop. when i go to work can i still play it on my laptop? and him at home?

Probably. But it would be illegal. Whether or not SI could tell, or would actually do anything about it remains another matter.

If you were playing on a PC with no internet connection and you used a telephone to register it they most certainly couldn't though.

If you have two systems that you want to install the game on in the same house, it is clearly just common sense that you buy only one copy. It would be pretty stupid to waste money on buying two copies for the same household seen as there are 5 installs per household.

He wasn't sure if it would work in the first place from a technical point of view. Grow up.

I have just received an Infraction for this by LFCfan.

Hmm. I have asked him for relevant contact information to complain.

I feel this was a personal issue from another thread.

Archived