ASDA Price.

i'm hoping to pop down to asda after work tomorrow to get it but i can't remember if they sold pc games last time i looked instore or not!

The two local ASDAs to me sell games so I guess yours should, Ive pre ordered from the hut but had nothing from them yet or even any indication its on its way, so I may just go into asda and buy it tonight

ok cool, yeh i'm hoping they should have FM, i'll make my way round the main supermarkets in birmingham tonight until i get it!

(on the subject of Asda, they're selling Call of Duty 5 for 27 quid instore by the way) - may get that aswell as FM obv

I phoned my local ASDA (Barnsley) the woman told me they no longer sell PC games. I then phoned the Wakefield ASDA who said they do not sell PC games anymore but they have recieved football manager on the PC (i never said what game it was) so i presume all ASDA stores will sell the game but the staff probably dont know about it if you phone up.

Confusing!

I phoned my local ASDA (Barnsley) the woman told me they no longer sell PC games. I then phoned the Wakefield ASDA who said they do not sell PC games anymore but they have recieved football manager on the PC (i never said what game it was) so i presume all ASDA stores will sell the game but the staff probably dont know about it if you phone up.

Confusing!

The woman i spoke to on the phone at TESCO was fairly incompetent. I'm not sure 50 year old women working in a supermarket are that knowledgeable on FM release dates, so I think i'll saunter down there and hope she was wrong earlier.

Nothing like blind arrogance.

niktheblade

do you know where in sheffield it will be available?

my old uni housemates will need to know?

Yeah, I'm going up to Fargate (City Centre) tomorrow lunch, there's a HMV, a Game and a Zavvi that should all stock it, failing that there is another game shop between Fargate and The Moor next to the peace garden, not sure what it's called though.

my mate just asked at the one behind my house, they said it was in the stock room now (i think), so it will go out tomorrow. it wasn't a clear answer tbh, but they definately do pc games.

leyton, london btw :p

I don't think they sell PC games in the Yorkshire stores as we have only just got pong up here!

Yeah, I'm going up to Fargate (City Centre) tomorrow lunch, there's a HMV, a Game and a Zavvi that should all stock it, failing that there is another game shop between Fargate and The Moor next to the peace garden, not sure what it's called though.

I woke up on a bench in 'the moor' earlier this year!

Was amazed that i still had my wallet and phone :p

I've been to 4 ASDA's today, Barnsley, Mansfield, Morley and Bradford, none of those sell PC games anymore... infact, I would be surprised if you can find many that do!

Just got off the phone from the Bradford Rooley Lane and he said that they have it now and will go on sale tonight at midnight

Just got off the phone from the Bradford Rooley Lane and he said that they have it now and will go on sale tonight at midnight

I wouldn't bet on that matey... I was up there about 2 hours ago and was talking to the MVG lady and she told me that they don't stock PC games anymore? I hope she didn't fib to me cos I was after an "advanced" copy... she might have done it to get rid of me though?

They didn't think you meant FM handheld did they?

I woke up on a bench in 'the moor' earlier this year!

Was amazed that i still had my wallet and phone :p

I would be amazed if you still had your trousers.. although most of the vagabonds in Sheffield are friendly, one of them was directing traffic outside Pondsforge the other day.... what a nice chap!

I've been to 4 ASDA's today, Barnsley, Mansfield, Morley and Bradford, none of those sell PC games anymore... infact, I would be surprised if you can find many that do!
I wouldn't bet on that matey... I was up there about 2 hours ago and was talking to the MVG lady and she told me that they don't stock PC games anymore? I hope she didn't fib to me cos I was after an "advanced" copy... she might have done it to get rid of me though?

They didn't think you meant FM handheld did they?

No I asked for the PC version after reading this thread, spoke to the guy behind the counter on the video and games section.

I only have a tesco near me and although they had FM08 in last year I am not sure about this years. If its not there then the missus is going to take the train to Shrewsbury which is about a 25 minute journey to get it for me while I get butchered at the dentist.

morley one is selling it. ive just phoned them.

ive just phoned my local asda and they presumed i wanted call of duty at midnight (heathens!) but yes, you are allowed to get FM at midnight. you might have to fight your way through an army of CoD fans though!

trouble is ive already opened a bottle of wine so ill probably be a bit tipsy for my vespa come midnight. ill have to hope my girlfriends in a good mood when she gets home from work! lol.

Fair do's... I'm going to have words!!! I though I had some standing in that place too
morley one is selling it. ive just phoned them.

Looks like your standings gone down big time then lol

ive just phoned my local asda and they presumed i wanted call of duty at midnight (heathens!) but yes, you are allowed to get FM at midnight. you might have to fight your way through an army of CoD fans though!

trouble is ive already opened a bottle of wine so ill probably be a bit tipsy for my vespa come midnight. ill have to hope my girlfriends in a good mood when she gets home from work! lol.

Could be worse though, imagine going to asda hammered and all the pixies, elves and freaks wanting WOW were scrapping to get to the counter

Archived