So how is it looking guys?

Hey guys,I have been up to my eyeballs in work and other stuff and havent had the chance to try the demo out and with the game releasing tomorrow was just wondering how this years release will compare to last years,I know there is a patch tomorrow but just your general thought's will do.

I didnt really get into last years just too many annoying little things like the shots on goal maybe reading 35 shots 24 on target and 0 goals and the other side would have 1 shot 1 on target and 1 goal.

Also trying to buy and sell players always seemed to be I would have to bid almost 3 times a players value at times to buy a player and to sell 1 I would have to go way under his value,Have these sort of things been sorted out?

There are a few things in this years release that interests me like the 3D match engine but if the basics arent there then the graphics wont hold me thats for sure :)

I am sorry if there is already a thread like this 1 I have searched this morning and cant seem to find 1,if there is can you just post a link and a mod can close this 1.

Thanks guys.

Hey guys,I have been up to my eyeballs in work and other stuff and havent had the chance to try the demo out and with the game releasing tomorrow was just wondering how this years release will compare to last years,I know there is a patch tomorrow but just your general thought's will do.

I didnt really get into last years just too many annoying little things like the shots on goal maybe reading 35 shots 24 on target and 0 goals and the other side would have 1 shot 1 on target and 1 goal.

Also trying to buy and sell players always seemed to be I would have to bid almost 3 times a players value at times to buy a player and to sell 1 I would have to go way under his value,Have these sort of things been sorted out?

There are a few things in this years release that interests me like the 3D match engine but if the basics arent there then the graphics wont hold me thats for sure :)

I am sorry if there is already a thread like this 1 I have searched this morning and cant seem to find 1,if there is can you just post a link and a mod can close this 1.

Thanks guys.

RESULTS:

Much more realistic this year. I'm averaging 10-15 shots a game against Premiership oposition. Stats also show clear cut chances so it's a good indicator as to how well you're cutting through the opposition defence. Very rarely do I see the old 25 shots no goals scenario. Games are much more balanced in this respect now although you can still sometimes lose even after dominating the stats. But that's realistic IMO.

TRANSFERS:

This is also looking very good. In my two playthroughs of the demo I have found it very easy to sell players (Kuyt to PSV for 7million, Pennant to West Ham for 5 million) days after offering them to clubs. With regards to buying players, I have bought two; Arshavin for 13million plus clauses (rising to 17million) and Pandev for 17 million. Both clubs wanted more but I offered 3 million less than their estimate and still had the offers accepted. Nice.

OVERALL:

Very, very good. Press conferences can become tedious but they don't happen that often and you can always get your Ass Man to take it. Tactics seem tighter than ever and after reading WWfan and Cleons tactical theories in the tactics forum I have for the first time created 3 tactics that are working quite well as opposed to just downloading one. Injury bug is a massive problem but that will be fixed in the patch. In summary, I would definately recommend trying the demo but if your'e a fan of FM then this game is for you. :)

Archived