Guide for Editing on FMH2009

• SI Staff

The ability to Edit Player, Manager and Club data is again possible for FMH2009, with the option to now Edit Player Common Names now an option

The user is able to edit Club or Player information using a text file which is placed on the Memory Stick. This allows the user to update the game database and these changes will take effect when they start a new game.

To do this the user needs to create a file called 'changes.txt' and place it in the following location on the Memory Stick:

PSP\COMMON\FMH2009\changes.txt

When the user starts a new game, the information found within 'changes.txt' is loaded in and the edits to the club or players found within the file are carried out on the database. The 'changes.txt' file does not affect existing save games.

Club Changes

The format for editing Club data in the 'changes.txt' file is as follows:

"CLUB" "Current Club Short Name" "Nation" "New Club Full Name" "New Club Short Name" "New Reputation" "New Division"

Example:

To edit Leyton Orient's club name to 'Orient' , with a short name of 'The O's', a reputation of '5000' and then to put them in the 'Coca-Cola Championship' at the start of the game, the following information would be put into the 'changes.txt' file:

"CLUB" "Leyton Orient" "England" "Orient" "The O's" "5000" "Coca-Cola Championship"

Note: The user will need to ensure the correct number of teams is playing in the competitions when swapping teams between divisions.

If the user only wanted to change Leyton Orient's name to 'Orient', the following information would be put into the 'changes.txt' file:

"CLUB" "Leyton Orient" "England" "Orient" "" "" ""

The user can use empty quotation marks ("") to ensure a field remains unchanged from its original database form.

Player Changes

The format for editing Player data in the 'changes.txt' file is as follows:

"PLAYER" "First Name" "Second Name" "Current Club Short Name" "New First Name" "New Second Name" "New Common Name" "New Year of Birth" "New CA" "New PA" "New Club Short Name"

Example:

To edit the data of Bobby Zamora so that his name becomes 'Zobby Bamora', has a Common Name of 'Goal', was born in '1975', has a current ability of '180', a potential ability of '200' and starts at Brighton at the beginning of the game, the following information would be put into the 'changes.txt' file:

"PLAYER" "Bobby" "Zamora" "Fulham" "Zobby" "Bamora" "Goals" "1975" "180" "200" "Brighton"

If the user only wanted to move Bobby Zamora from Fulham to Brighton at the start of the game, the following information would be put into the 'changes.txt' file:

"PLAYER" "Bobby" "Zamora" "Fulham" "" "" "" "" "" "" "Brighton"

The user can use empty quotation marks ("") to ensure a field remains unchanged from its original database form.

Manger Changes

The format for editing Manager data in the 'changes.txt' file is as follows:

"MANAGER" "First Name" "Second Name" "Current Club Short Name" "New First Name" "New Second Name" "New Year of Birth" "New CA" "New PA" "New Club Short Name"

Example:

To edit the data of Harry Redknapp so that he starts as Tottenham manager at the beginning of the game, the following information would be put into the 'changes.txt' file:

"MANAGER" "Harry" "Redknapp" "Portsmouth" "" "" "" "" "" "Tottenham"

Ignoring Entries in 'changes.txt'

The game can also ignore entries in the 'changes.txt' file by placing the hash symbol (#) at the beginning of the line (and removing the need to delete the file from the Memory Stick).

Example:

The following information in the 'changes.txt' file would see Leyton Orient's and Juande Ramos' changes ignored. In this case, the game would not read their entries and they would remain the same. Bobby Zamora's entry however would be altered successfully and he would start the game at Brighton.

#"CLUB" "Leyton Orient" "England" "Orient" "The O's" "5000" "Coca-Cola Championship"

"PLAYER" "Bobby" "Zamora" "West Ham" "" "" "" "" "" "Brighton"

#"MANAGER" "Harry" "Redknapp" "Portsmouth" "" "" "" "" "" "Tottenham"

Notes

The user can create up to but no more than 100 brand new player names which don't already exist in the database.

For example, if you changed 'Smith' to 'Zamora', this would not count as a new player name as 'Zamora' already exists.

If you changed 'Ledley' to 'Peter Pan', then this name is unlikely to exist and will count as 1 out of 100 spaces allocated for new names.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry that the editor isn't available for download yet - unfortunately Mr Duffy is a very busy man so hasn't had chance to upload the editor yet. For now your best bet is to follow the instructions Olly has posted with regards to manually creating EDT files. Alternatively sit back, relax and give the game a decent play whilst you wait.

As soon as the editor is uploaded (and as Olly said, we don't when that will be) we'll be sure to post on these forums to let you all know. Hope that helps :)

• SI Staff

We do take note of feature suggestions or requests made by you guys, but we can't always reply to everyone that we get.

Competition Name editing was something we would liked to have made possible, but unfortunately it didn't make it in for FMH2009.

i decided not to wait for the editor, most things i changed worked except transfering players to my Leeds team.

i changed the names of 4 players and tried to transfer 3 of them to Leeds but only the name change worked, the only one which worked was kandol to elliott (already at Leeds).

any ideas i tried the club names "Leeds United" & "Leeds" neither works

thanks

think i can answer my own question

i started a new game using only England (all other leagues disabled) & no changes text

all the players that were missing were now in the team (White, Parker, Elliott & Gardner)

so i believe it had something to do with the fact they were in the database already just not listed as yet. if it worked i would probably have had two of each player in the future!

Hi There, this is the firswt time I have tried to edit onFMH. I have created the file "changes.txt" and have tried to put stevie gerrard into west hams team just to try it. Do I enter the details in notepad? Then enter the details as follows:

"PLAYER""Steven"Gerrard""Liverpool""""""""West Ham United"

When I save the notepad, what do I name the file? I have tried to save as".txt" but it will not allow me to save unless I re-name the file.Please Help.Many Thanx.

"PLAYER" "Steven" "Gerrard" "Liverpool" "" "" "" "" "" "" "West Ham"

You save it as 'changes.txt' without the quotations.

If that doesn't work, either try the one below, or wait for a more experienced editor (like Crickie / Ridley) to offer their help. I tend to leave the edits to their updates / challenges. :)

"PLAYER" "Steven" "Gerrard" "Liverpool" "" "" "" "" "" "" "West Ham United"

I got the game today and I want the Premiership teams to have the right managers. As far as I can see it's just Portsmouth and Tottenham that are wrong. I have this from the example:

"MANAGER" "Harry" "Redknapp" "Portsmouth" "" "" "" "" "" "Tottenham"

But how would you have Tony Adams as Portsmouth manager? Is he already a manager somewhere else in the game? And if he didn't exist as a manager, would it not be possible to add him?

Hello there, I hope you can help me with two questions:

1) Is there a file with all the players in the database? Since you cannot edit position, it would be nice to see all strikers e.g. to make sure you use/edit the useless ones for more promising ones ;)

2) it is possible to make up to 100 new names. That means changes to new names, not new entries, right?

Hello there, I hope you can help me with two questions:

1) Is there a file with all the players in the database? Since you cannot edit position, it would be nice to see all strikers e.g. to make sure you use/edit the useless ones for more promising ones ;)

2) it is possible to make up to 100 new names. That means changes to new names, not new entries, right?

to your questions

1. there is an editor with all the players names and and there current and potential ability but not there positions

2. These means changing players names who are already on the game to different players not creating new ones

hope this helps

daniel

Thanks for your answer. Regarding my first question, I meant something different. The editor does not show managers, nor positions of players and you can only see players by country.

I was looking for a full list (Excel, txt) of players/managers with positions and possibly CA/PA, so I can see which players can be used to edit. So I'll use the crappy ones to make other more usefull players.

Thanks for your answer. Regarding my first question, I meant something different. The editor does not show managers, nor positions of players and you can only see players by country.

I was looking for a full list (Excel, txt) of players/managers with positions and possibly CA/PA, so I can see which players can be used to edit. So I'll use the crappy ones to make other more usefull players.

there isnt a list that i know of. The way that i edit the game is to have the game loaded up and compare it with the edotor on the pc. The editor does give each players ca/pa next them.

Archived