Types of Feeder Clubs & From Which Countries?

Hello,

I am trying to work out the different types of feeder clubs and, also, which countries/leagues are suitable for each type (when managing in Europe, specifically England).

I seem to recall that there are three types of feeder club:

1) Local agreement - this is obviously between yourself and any local clubs due to the geographical proximity so therefore clubs will be from the same country as you are.

2) Commercial deal - this is usually between yourself and a club that gives you some financial gain. So what countries/leagues are most suitable for this? Presumably Asian ones like China, India, Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia. Maybe USA as well? Not sure who else. Which of these are most likely to come up as an option?

3) Work permit deal - this is the one I am really struggling with to be honest. These are normally countries that have different work permit rules and therefore you can loan players to clubs there to gain a second nationality, right? Which countries are these?

If anyone can help with my understanding of the last two, then I would be grateful.

Any real life examples would be good too, e.g. Man Utd and their link with Royal Antwerp and etc.

Cheers,

C.

arsenal have a work permit relation with salamanca where they loan out players to get second nationalities of spanish and experience

their deal is structured so that arsenal send a new talented south american, usually a brazilian each season

lenny is the new one aparently, then u have vela and pedro for the past few seasons

* Additional to the above, I have heard Belgium, Poland and Spain as examples of places that you can send players to gain second nationality when they fail to get a work permit.

I should also add that what I am trying to work out here is the best selection of leagues in order to take advantage of feeder clubs.

Cheers,

C.

commercial deal will boost merchandising like shirt sales etc. this deal will usually be with club in far east/usa.

work permit deal is where you cant get a permit for player in country you're playing in. you can get an affiliate team in another country you can loan him to til he can either get a work permit or til (in EU) he gets nationality of that country and therefore can play for ur team as an EU national. Man U do this with antwerp as it takes 5yrs to get uk nationality and 3 yrs to get belgian. if you are an eu national you can play in any country in eu without restriction

1) Get a team in a lower division. Wouldn't worry about geographical proximity as I suspect that that is a cosmetic addition to the game (such as the majority of PPM in 08...). The key points to look at are: training rating, coach abilities and whether your players are likely to want to go to that club and whether they will get first team games.

2) I would recommend getting a team from the USA and Japan. Take note to how well they are known (i.e regional, continental etc. - the higher the better)

3) Look for the country that offers nationality in the shortest amount of time (Spain for S/American players iirc... probably Belgium for others). Then take note to some of the points I made from (1) about how good the club is.

Hope this helps.

Cheers you guys, so Spain and Belgium are two examples of countries that might be useful to load for work permits. Any other countries?

What about for merchandising/commercial? Which countries?

You can also get Dutch work permit feeders, I think - but you would need to be quite a high rep club.

While searching the Internet, I found this:

Number of years taken to gain EU Nationality in European Countries

3 years

-------

Belgium

Poland

4 years

-------

Spain

5 years

-------

Austria

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Estonia

Finland

France

French Guyana

Germany

Guadeloupe

Holland

Hungary

Iceland

Ireland

Italy

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malta

Martinique

Portugal

Reunion

Slovakia

Sweden

Switzerland

7 years

-------

Denmark

Norway

10 years

--------

Greece

Slovenia

Assuming that those time periods are correct in the game, use that as a guide :thup:

Although the game will only list the nations that offer nationality in the shortest amount of time when offering them to you. Which would be Belgium and Poland.

I'm still convinced there is "special" rule for players from South America entitling them to gain nationality quicker in Spain that the 4 years stated above.

I'm still convinced there is "special" rule for players from South America entitling them to gain nationality quicker in Spain that the 4 years stated above.

Yes, I think this is for ex-colonial reasons. Apparently is it two years. I wonder if France has a similar rule for some of its ex-colonies? Anyone know?

It looks like Belgium and Poland are best for WPs, with Spain for South Americans.

Yes, I think this is for ex-colonial reasons. Apparently is it two years. I wonder if France has a similar rule for some of its ex-colonies? Anyone know?

It looks like Belgium and Poland are best for WPs, with Spain for South Americans.

I think it is very easy IRL to get french citizenship if you originate from a french-speaking country. Don't know if this is modelled precisely in the game.

Archived