Show some love for SI

A lot of impatience and frayed tempers on this site at the moment, but I think that's a reflection of what a great job you guys have done over the years. The louder the shouting, the more keen people are to play the game!

We may not agree with all the decisions coming out of SI, but you're hardly making them to spite your customers... you have a lot of people excited for the new game, and congrats on building up such a rabid fanbase over time. It's not without good reason - you've put out a great product.

It would be easy to rest on your laurels and just release a data update each year, but it's clear you're making changes because you love what you do.

So... thanks!

Well said OP. After release I will watch 8 people push the forums into meltdown with 23,897 threads reporting 2 minor data 'bugs' regarding the stats of Mike Ordinary in the 46th tier of Bosnian football, found 3 and a half minutes after activation. Hey-ho, always the same, dies down pretty fast.

Group hug for SI! I'm an unashamed fanboy... ;)

I think SI are an extremely good software company, I have bought their game since it begun all those eons ago ! why at the age of 36 i still get excited about buying it and playing it is beyond me, I think there is hidden code in the game which makes you addicted and keeps you coming back for the next release well after the age when you should of given up playing computer games !!

keep up the good work fellas, how is marc vaughan these days ? still supporting brighton and eating all the pies ? ;)

The game looks like an improvement on FM08 - so that means they are doing the right things.

I dont mind about the authentication thing, I like the fact you want need the DVD/CD. I do fear some of the moaning may have to do with some people having to buy the proper game.

They have said that a patch will be released on or close to release date - cant really fault that.

I think the 3D is great for implementing your tactics and observing - Its not pro evo but a good effort for the first time.

Of course I could moan about things I dont like but I prefer to try and be objective and constructive.

So I offer much love for the game and makers. :)

There is no age limit on FM - thats part of the beauty of it. Many people who are big FM fans are not 'gamers', just football fans who think they can do better than many of the professionals!

I'm excited for tomorrow and fully plan to spend my weekend getting my new fix of FM.

Anyway, addictions are not easy to overcome - especially if you have absolutely no intentions of ever giving up :)

I thank them with my cash.

And if they have created a rabid fanbase, why do they keep ignoring them and adding in features to help people who couldn't tell the difference between a 442 and some bacon?

Sorry. I'll go away and let this pointless love-in wander on. Blatant fanboyism is as bad as world-weary cynicism.

I think the only love SI is intereseted in is the one created from to the game content and the gameplay.

DRM, release date, activation... this is not video-game. We love SI for what they do, good video-game.

Those who make mistake are hidding and the one who didn't shows up. Strange that SI has to deal with someone else's ****. That's what is happening on this forum...

Sports Interactive i love you too. :)

I thank them with my cash.

And if they have created a rabid fanbase, why do they keep ignoring them and adding in features to help people who couldn't tell the difference between a 442 and some bacon?

Sorry. I'll go away and let this pointless love-in wander on. Blatant fanboyism is as bad as world-weary cynicism.

I was saying thank you. If that offends you, it says a whole lot more about you than it does about me.

Archived