How are you holding up?

17 more hours to play the game... I was just wondering how are you guys waiting for the game? Never before the wait of FM was torturous before. But this one is driving me nuts.

Yesterday i was sick and took a day off from my work (trading currencies) today i am working but not much because i am still sore. but minutes just dont pass by.

Is it because this will be the best Fm ever?

or is it because there is a countdown timer in steam for activation?

i dont know but i cant handle this pressure more.

It will be 2 AM in my team when the game will be activated and i am so gonna play it that time. Not working tomorrow as it will be a black stock market friday. I better play FM for a while and get the anxiety out of my system...

Poster of this thread- How can you have a job when you act like a 12 year old waiting for a game :/

i dont have just a job. i have my own job. currency trading. i work 16 hours a day looking at the asian, european, and US stock markets and see what currencies will react like not in the next days but in the next second.

I can have this job and play FM in anyway i like and can wait it in anyway i like. i truly feel sorry for not sharing your understanding of maturity. I am deeply hurt.

Do people really care that much? It's hardly going to change your life.

it will change my life.

it will bring me more joy of football and to be honest will also tell me about the future potential stars in the world football

i remember hearing rooney or fernando torres for the first time in FM games. rooney was 16 years old at everton and torres was also 16years of age and madrid B team i guess.

Believe it or not this game makes you realize not just potential stars but, players u might never have heard of before but actualy they are good in real life.

When i take a look at Chile national team for instance, when i hear the names i get a better understanding of players thanx to my FM history,

otherwise how would i have known them all?

fm does change ur life... a bit.

Obviously some people do care. To be fair I don’t see what is wrong with being excited over a game, each to there own I’d say. ;)

I agree... It annoys me when people say its "sad" or "pointless" or something along those lines, yeah, I like playing FM, someone else might like going to the ballet, some might like bingo, both of which I wouldn't particularly enjoy, so why someone can call someone else's passtime sad/pointless/whatever else, is beyond me, surely it's subjective? like music, just because I don't like Blondie doesn't make it crap music, it's just not to my taste...

I'm just getting on with my work like I do every day (well, that's a bit of a lie). Only thing bothering me is that I have this feeling authentication and getting the patch are going to be a bit of a nightmare. But we'll see.

I agree... It annoys me when people say its "sad" or "pointless" or something along those lines, yeah, I like playing FM, someone else might like going to the ballet, some might like bingo, both of which I wouldn't particularly enjoy, so why someone can call someone else's passtime sad/pointless/whatever else, is beyond me, surely it's subjective? like music, just because I don't like Blondie doesn't make it crap music, it's just not to my taste...

When you compare it vegging out in front of the TV or pounding your liver with ale, playing a game like FM seems far healthier an activity! Of course, there will always be limits to how far you should take it, but there's nothing wrong with being excited about it.

could not say better myself to be honest.

We still live in an age where playing computer games is not socially acceptable.

Watching TV for 6 hours every night when you get home from work is considered the norm, but if you do something that actually requires your brain to function like play FM, you're an unsocial geek with no friends.

Yeah, I play quite a lot of FM, but I also have plenty of friends. Not sure why, though!

To be fair to the people in my life, they don't have any problem with me playing FM, with the exception of my 83 year-old grandmother who thinks everything since the Blitz is the work of the devil.

It makes me chuckle when people have a dig at others for being excited about the imminent release of the game. And yet it is the same people who spend their days on a forum about the the very same game. Funny really how you're all not bothered but still keep two eyes glued to the forums waiting for news from SI. I think you're in denial. ;) Me, I actually can't wait for the game, it is a great hobby and fantastic value for money. Not long now... :)

It makes me chuckle when people have a dig at others for being excited about the imminent release of the game. And yet it is the same people who spend their days on a forum about the the very same game. Funny really how you're all not bothered but still keep two eyes glued to the forums waiting for news from SI. I think you're in denial. ;) Me, I actually can't wait for the game, it is a great hobby and fantastic value for money. Not long now... :)

Well said! Very well said! :thup:

i take very little notice here but i have noticed on other games the people calling others sad for being excited about a game are the ones ripping it apart once its released with phrases like "OMG THAT SUCKS THE CAR IS BLUE IT SHOULD BE BLACK ******* *****!!!!!!11!!!"

Its been tough, it will be even tougher at lunchtime when the game arrives and i am unable to play it. It will be toughest tonight at 10pm when i go to sleep, but when we get up at 7am, ill be able to play it non stop until monday. Booo Yaaa!

Well I have a lecture in an hour, and will probably read some Hebrew history in preparation for my assessed essay in later this month... if I get some of it out of the way now then I can have more time to play FM at the weekend :) Although there is an ale festival at Wetherspoons at the moment which may hold my attention as well, hehe!

To be fair to the people in my life, they don't have any problem with me playing FM, with the exception of my 83 year-old grandmother who thinks everything since the Blitz is the work of the devil.

LOL! Mine too!

Although she does appreciate football as my Grandad was a long serving pro for my homeclub Brighton in the 50's and so it was part of her life for such a long time.

One thing bothers me about her though, she thinks Arsene Wenger is lovely. What's that all about. Hates Fergie though, so fair play to her! :)

Today is just like any other day for me. I started a new FM07 game the other night which I have got into so that'll do me fine. Mebee I'll pop into a shop and buy FM09 some time next week, mebee not!

to be honest (beside the up to date squads of course) i had enjoyed FM 07 more than FM08 until the second patch of FM08 was introduced few months after the game's release, but i have high expectations about this year's release.

I hope you get the copy mate. Otherwise i am not sure fan sites would keep an updated squad database for FM07.

I would guess that glamdring wouldn't care about that.

thats true.

it changes from person to person i guess... because i cant play a FM game with last season's squad rosters. heck. even if there are transfers in january and if they are not in my game i stop playing and usually wait for a fan's database or an official database...

Even worse,

I could not play FM08 when this new season started. because all my new competitions were a starting a year older than the previous, and the winners of the tournament would be 2 year's before than the present time. Thats why i always wished for an FM game to ship latest in september, but they always came late. But i guess FM09 was the latest FM game in a season.

I'm really not well today, came down with something last night. However, I have to go to work at 12pm for 4 hours so my immediate concern is getting through the day ASAP so I can come home and get back into bed with lots of tea being brought to me.

I f***ING HATE being ill !!!!

thats true.

it changes from person to person i guess... because i cant play a FM game with last season's squad rosters. heck. even if there are transfers in january and if they are not in my game i stop playing and usually wait for a fan's database or an official database...

Even worse,

I could not play FM08 when this new season started. because all my new competitions were a starting a year older than the previous, and the winners of the tournament would be 2 year's before than the present time. Thats why i always wished for an FM game to ship latest in september, but they always came late. But i guess FM09 was the latest FM game in a season.

Yeah, I'm the same. I just really hope I've gotten far enough into the future by January that I won't care so much about the transfers that take place then.

well i am just gonna uninstall the demo now then i am off to work til 9pm... then its home and earl to bed as i am up at 6am for work tomorrow and waiting for my football manager 09 to come through the post to work... then i will head home at 4pm and install and play to my hearts content

Up to date rosters dont' bother me because I always start of as a lower league manager, where Robinho is etc. doesn't affect my game :p

many years ago in CM, i had a division 2 (swensea city)

managing them was the time i had the most fun. I dont know any players in the team and etc but its just so much more fun.

I hate getting teams like barcelona (but i usually do it anyway) because u dont need any transfers for seasons.

Though this year I am getting my fav. team Galatasaray as their squad is one of the best in their history.

but i am considering starting as a english 3rd division team. Any suggestions? which 3rd div. team has the best squad?

many years ago in CM, i had a division 2 (swensea city)

managing them was the time i had the most fun. I dont know any players in the team and etc but its just so much more fun.

I hate getting teams like barcelona (but i usually do it anyway) because u dont need any transfers for seasons.

Though this year I am getting my fav. team Galatasaray as their squad is one of the best in their history.

but i am considering starting as a english 3rd division team. Any suggestions? which 3rd div. team has the best squad?

I know you support Galatasaray, but I do think you overrate them. They're only fifth in the league and they just lost 4-1 to Fenerbahce. Can you really say they have one of the best squads in their history at this early stage of the season? If, by the end of the season, they've done something, I'll agree with you. But at the moment they look no better than they've looked for a few years now.

An unplayable game will be released tomorrow morning, with no guarantee of a patch being made available if you chose to purchase it as soon as the shops open, or if you're delivery arrives early am. So I'm holding up rather well.

Try to give constructive criticism/feedback.

I know you support Galatasaray, but I do think you overrate them. They're only fifth in the league and they just lost 4-1 to Fenerbahce. Can you really say they have one of the best squads in their history at this early stage of the season? If, by the end of the season, they've done something, I'll agree with you. But at the moment they look no better than they've looked for a few years now.

the squad is the best. the problem is with the coach. he will be sacked. it was a gamble to bring him but he is weird. He plays Milan Baros as a winger not a striker. He said this was his first time he ever played as a winger. And worse he plays Meira as a midfielder where he says he plays best as a defender. No wonder why we are doing bad. but future is bright. especially in UEFA CUP after beating benfica 2-0 in portugal.

i admit we need a new coach. I wish Laudrup would come in the beg. of the season.

If Baros is your main goal getting striker, I don't think you can claim to be THAT good a squad :D

Fener seem to have a much more balanced squad.

to be honest. everyone in turkey says galatasaray has a better squad than fenerbahce. even fenerbahce supporters, even the national team coach fatih terim. the depth and stars of galatasaray is better than fenerbahce. but our coach sucks.

fenerbahce is 8th in the league by the way.

Also baros should be a supporting striker. he is fast and everyting but cant finish. I wonder how his and kewell's attributes are in FM09.

to be honest. everyone in turkey says galatasaray has a better squad than fenerbahce. even fenerbahce supporters, even the national team coach fatih terim. the depth and stars of galatasaray is better than fenerbahce. but our coach sucks.

fenerbahce is 8th in the league by the way.

Also baros should be a supporting striker. he is fast and everyting but cant finish. I wonder how his and kewell's attributes are in FM09.

That actually makes the idea of managing Galatasaray sound quite fun.

If Baros is your main goal getting striker, I don't think you can claim to be THAT good a squad :D

Fener seem to have a much more balanced squad.

Having said that, Fenerbahce are two places below Galatasaray as it stands.

That actually makes the idea of managing Galatasaray sound quite fun.

seriously take galatasaray. just buy 1 striker. Sell Shabani Nonda and keep Umit karan and you will be fine in the game. Definite winner of the league and cup and a success in europe? by the way GS will start in the CL in the game.

too bad we were knocked out by Steau.

seriously take galatasaray. just buy 1 striker. Sell Shabani Nonda and keep Umit karan and you will be fine in the game. Definite winner of the league and cup and a success in europe? by the way GS will start in the CL in the game.

too bad we were knocked out by Steau.

Fun as it sounds, I won't be managing Galatasaray. Sorry. :p

Hmm i was looking forward to sauntering down to tesco at midnight tonight and gettin a copy however some problems have arisen:

1: I've broke my foot so i shall not be sauntering anywhere.

2: Because I've broken my foot the people who i worked for, for three weeks have decided to let me go

3: And because of point 2 I have no money lol

So if any of you has any idea how i can make 30 quid in the next 13 hours i would be very grateful....

Archived