Im buying a new PC but...

Guys, as the title suggests, Im buying a new PC but Im just wondering about the graphics card requirements as I dont fully understand what is best!

The PC Im looking at has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100. The discrete memory is integrated, up to 224MB and shared.

Will this run the new FM, and is it likely to run any future versions? I dont want to get a new PC and find it doesnt work. It doesnt have to do much else, but FM is kind of a must!

Thanks in advance!

Guys, as the title suggests, Im buying a new PC but Im just wondering about the graphics card requirements as I dont fully understand what is best!

The PC Im looking at has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100. The discrete memory is integrated, up to 224MB and shared.

Will this run the new FM, and is it likely to run any future versions? I dont want to get a new PC and find it doesnt work. It doesnt have to do much else, but FM is kind of a must!

Thanks in advance!

You're much better off getting a machine that has a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated chipset. Get something with an Nvidia Geforce card, or ATI Radeon card that has at least 256mb of mem.

Thanks in advance!

I have the same video setup on my laptop, and it ran the demo without any problems, so it should be fine to run FM 09.

You're much better off getting a machine that has a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated chipset. Get something with an Nvidia Geforce card, or ATI Radeon card that has at least 256mb of mem.
The Intel GMA X3100 is alot better than the GMA950... so should be able to play the game.

But as stated above you should get a dedicated card, a Radeon 3850 is the best budget card right now.

Thanks for the advice guys, how would the 256MB ATI® Radeon™ HD 3450 graphics card rate?

Archived