New Zealand Release - In The Shops??

Hi Guys,

well its 1 day before release here in NZ (im in Auckland).

Juts been to Gamesman, EB Games and JB Hi Fi.

Gamesman have it on there website as 14/11.

Guess what.....no ones any idea when it will be onsale.

Surprise sur-bloody-prise!!

Has anyone in NZ managed to find somewhere that will be selling tomorrow?

Just dont want to pay the 45GBP that steam are listing it for!!

Cheers

This has been happening for years in Australia but changed this year for whatever reason.......your best bet would be steam mate. $93 it cost me about the same as it wuld b in the shops.

Howd it cost you so little?

$55 plus $9 or so in taxes = about $64USD

Thats a whopping $115NZD!

I do notice CD WOW have it for about $60NZD, its just hard to have the patience!!

How can Steam justify selling for pretty much DOUBLE the price that some retailers are selling for?? I mean, yep, I would pay a little extra for the convienience, but DOUBLE?? Surely they must look at there prices?

Its a bugger that none of the shops will actually sell it eh?

FM08, I gave up looking.....7 months after release, I seen it in a store!!

:D

Hi Guys,

well its 1 day before release here in NZ (im in Auckland).

Juts been to Gamesman, EB Games and JB Hi Fi.

Gamesman have it on there website as 14/11.

Guess what.....no ones any idea when it will be onsale.

Surprise sur-bloody-prise!!

Has anyone in NZ managed to find somewhere that will be selling tomorrow?

Just dont want to pay the 45GBP that steam are listing it for!!

Cheers

I got FM08 from the Botany EBGames on release day last year! Try Dick Smiths or Harvey Norman. I got this years FM from mightyape.co.nz will be delivered tomorrow by free corrier!

I have never had an issue getting it even 07 i preordered from EB and picked it up on release day.

Where about in Ak are you????

Thanks for your response.

In based in West Auckland (Henderson area).

I know Westies are meant to be backwards, but surely not that bad!!

I seen mightape offering it....wonder if I ordered tonight, if it would arrive Sat?

Really want to pick it up tomorrow tho!

Does anyone know if Steam has a currency converter in it?

If I end up going down that route (unlikey), I will be cutting it very fine with whats left in my British account....as I dont have a credit card, only debit visa from UK.

What exchange rate they use could be the diff between have 1GBP in there, and being in OD!! Nice!

Thanks for your response.

In based in West Auckland (Henderson area).

I know Westies are meant to be backwards, but surely not that bad!!

I seen mightape offering it....wonder if I ordered tonight, if it would arrive Sat?

Really want to pick it up tomorrow tho!

Well I got a e-mail saying it was on it way tonight so should get tomorrow they give 1-2 days outside Akl so ya should get lucky!

Yeah well being out west ya know lol

I always used to order mine from www.game.co.uk.

Worked out cheaper than my local store and got here before the NZ release date.

This year I haven't got around to it,but I may take a look at my local and see if they have it....for $98! I love how we get ripped down here.

Yeah tell me bout it! it cracks me up when ppl moan its 32 odd pound lol. They lucky they dont have to pay around $100 like we do.

I got mine off thehut.com but I'll probably be getting it on monday morning instead. I hate buying games in NZ, they are total ripoff. The exchange rate was better before so it's not that big of a difference now, but it's always been over $100 for games, fully exploiting the nagging kids market.

I went to Electronics Boutique in Chartwell Hamilton, and they said its "A" marked. What this means I don't know. But I spoke to the guy, happens to be a fan of the series, and he said that he is pulling all his strings to try and get the game for Electronics Boutique (all around the country I presume) and he said that it will be $99.99 as previously mentioned. If that doesn't happen I might just have to get mine of Mightytape.co.nz again.

I never knew there so many of us Kiwi's playing the FM series.

I work as a Games Advisor at JB Hi-Fi in Hamilton, NZ and we recieved our copies of Football Manager 2009 today. It'll be on the shelves tomorrow! So i'll be up bright and early to pick it up at 9am to play on my day off! Sweet!

May I say you lucky bugger!

Im from the sleepy town of Cambridge. Just south of Hamilton. You must of heard of it recently. We recently got battered by that Tornado.

Snowflake- Is yours the JB Hi-Fi by the rock shop close by Centre Place? If it is I will be up ASAP to get my copy.

That's the one... Unfortunately our games buyer only obtained 2 copies of FM2009 for our store... One was a pre-order for a customer, and the other is mine! If you want I can try to organise a copy from one of the Auckland stores? But you might not be seeing it til Tuesday that means.

Send me a PM if you want to jack something up.

I work as a Games Advisor at JB Hi-Fi in Hamilton, NZ and we recieved our copies of Football Manager 2009 today. It'll be on the shelves tomorrow! So i'll be up bright and early to pick it up at 9am to play on my day off! Sweet!

will that be nationwide?

there is a JB close to me, but im guessing you just mean Hamilton?

No, the release of FM at JB Hi-Fi stores will be the 14th nationwide.
looking out the window for the couirer now as its on it was on a van as i type this and finish off fm08! :)

we still wont be able to play until what time?

6.00am Sydney....christ I just checked....its 6.20am in Sydney now!!!

Cmon JB Hi Fi....please have it!!

Well, popped down to JB in New Lynn for 9am opening.

game bought no worries....bless you JB Hi Fi!!

$94 too....a rip off, but probs as cheap as you will get in the shops.

Now to try and install, and wait for patch.

I guess theres noway of getting the patch of Steam.....if you dont authenticate thro steam?

I dont really wanna have steam on my com....im old fashioned!

:-)

Courier just dropped off its in drive now......
AHHHHHHHHHH Stream wont accept my code on manuel back!!!!!!!!!!!!! So trying the other way fingers crossed :(

just do it the manual way....not thro steam?

good stuff....patch links are in the activavation and update thread at top of msg board

so both you kiwi's got it working??!! which way did you do it?? as being from aus it should work the same way for me?...

who didnt use steam??

I done it thro uniloc and im guessing he done it thro Steam?

BTW....for patch, found the worth downloading USA mirror to be pretty fast

Hey Callum who ya gonna be????

well since playing CM/FM since 97 I have always went bigish teams.

This 1st game gonna start with the team I support - Hibs or Hibernian as you might know them.

Itl be tough, but I must do better than Mixu is doing at the mo!

Notice we just signed Jonatan Johanssen today on a pre contact 1/1/09.....surely this huge transfer must be in the game??? get it sorted SI!!! :D;)

Archived