Which option is best for boxed version?

1. Register with STEAM and input the code during installation. This method has the benefit of automatically patching and updating the game.

2. Activation without additional software installation is available direct with Uniloc.

3. For those without an internet connection a local telephone number will be available and presented within the installer for customers to call and register the code. Where possible this will be a local toll free number.

im guessing uniloc?? but im still unsure after reading the sticky activation code thread

I'm still unclear on how it works. If I have a boxed version and want to use Steam (which I have on my computer), do I go to Steam? Or do I need to insert the disc and then have it link me to it?

From what I've read it will give you the option to authenticate through Steam in the set-up process :thup:

From what I've read it will give you the option to authenticate through Steam in the set-up process :thup:

I'm just curious because I won't be downloading my game from Steam because I have a boxed version. I'll just want to authenticate and get the patch. But how will I find the set up process if I'm not getting the actual game from Steam?

I'm just curious because I won't be downloading my game from Steam because I have a boxed version. I'll just want to authenticate and get the patch. But how will I find the set up process if I'm not getting the actual game from Steam?

If you use Steam will the patches update without telling you? Do you get the choice of whether you want the patch or not? I will be playing a network game and a couple of people probably wont have the patch so I'm going to use Uniloc so I can control whether the game is patched or not.

Archived