Weirdest place you played Football Manager?

amer

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started this exact thread a few weeks back! But I'm not going to complain that you didn't search because a) it's not like it comes up all the time and b) it's a big change from all the duplicate threads about the demo and Steam and authentication and all that tasty stuff. :D

Weirdest place I ever played? Believe it or not, it was in the shower at a campsite in Montrose, Scotland.

I saw a guy playing FM08 on one of handheld consoles (I'm not sure which) on a Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Rome last month! Is that a weird place? He was in the seat in front of me and he kept coughing so I blame him for the cold which practically ruined my holiday!

On the toilet while having a dump. I luv it!

I'm guilty of this one! If I know it's gonna be a biggie, I take either my laptop for some FM action or a copy of the Economist. More than you wanted to know? Probably. :p

I played in a nightclub. I routinely do.

On saturday nights I go out with my mates to different nightclubs, but I always take my laptop with me and find a dark corner to sit in so I can play FM, while my mates get drunk and get it on with attractive women.

On saturday nights I go out with my mates to different nightclubs, but I always take my laptop with me and find a dark corner to sit in so I can play FM, while my mates get drunk and get it on with attractive women.

hahaha :D thats fantastic

You must get some very strange looks! Personally, I think beer and attractive women are the only things better than FM. Having said that, my luck with either is far lower than my luck with FM. And I'm hardly José Mourinho at that!

I've been on a train from Cornwall to Edinbrough... but lack of a laptop meant I purcahsed a football management game for £5 for my phone.

god it was terrible :(

I don't think I could ever go on a train without my laptop! I'd either go insane or have to get so drunk i'd be kicked off :) See FM Manager saves the day.

You must get some very strange looks! Personally, I think beer and attractive women are the only things better than FM. Having said that, my luck with either is far lower than my luck with FM. And I'm hardly José Mourinho at that!

Never try to use your FM managerial history as a pick up line either.

Hey gorgeous, do you like your guys to have managed a Champions League winning squad two times in a row, or like me, seven? :cool:

Never try to use your FM managerial history as a pick up line either.

Hey gorgeous, do you like your guys to have managed a Champions League winning squad two times in a row, or like me, seven? :cool:

I once got a slap for telling a girl she should come back to my room so I could show her something. All I meant was my quadruple-winning Man Utd squad on my laptop. But she took exception.

That isn't true, by the way.

If you had to give up beer or football manager......

If I was to be totally serious about that, it would be beer. I mean, I like the stuff, but is it that important to me? Would it be worth giving up countless hours of FMing just so that I didn't have to stop drinking beer? Nope. Beer would have to go. Hell, there's always wine!

I would use Football Manager as an excuse for giving up beer. I got a drunk and disordely fine friday and saturday night last weekend in Sheffield. That was a wake up call. FM09 coming out has been a defining factor in my giving up of alcohol :D

I would use Football Manager as an excuse for giving up beer. I got a drunk and disordely fine friday and saturday night last weekend in Sheffield. That was a wake up call. FM09 coming out has been a defining factor in my giving up of alcohol :D

Football manager + KFC = Heaven

Easy. As I'm on a ton of "don't you dare drink" medication I gave up drinking years ago. What do I win ?

So you dont get drunk, load your FM game up, and spend your entire transfer budget on regens with funny faces? You're missing out.

Thank you ... I was actually sitting here today thinking ... I am sad.. for playing FM all day at home? ... Guess there are worse people around :D;) ...

So you dont get drunk, load your FM game up, and spend your entire transfer budget on regens with funny faces? You're missing out.

Nope. But I take my nighttime tablets which have a similar effect and have been known to get up the next day having brought complete rubbish for millions and millions whilst selling my hugely popular superstars for peanuts.

Eee nowt like having ten great strikers and no defence at all.

Although I'm a Spurs fan so that might explain it :)

I guess the weirdest place for me is in the bath and at a mental hospital where i used to work, although obviously not at the same time :).

As for the beer or fm debate i appear to have an inability to play fm even when i'm only slightly drunk, i can never see what i'm doing so i just end up clicking everywhere except the place i want..

I guess the weirdest place for me is in the bath and at a mental hospital where i used to work, although obviously not at the same time :).

As for the beer or fm debate i appear to have an inability to play fm even when i'm only slightly drunk, i can never see what i'm doing so i just end up clicking everywhere except the place i want..

Being drunk and signing Titus Bramble for 15mil

Not quite played in a strange place, although I did manage to get through a whole season one day at work when I was on pseudo gardening leave (ie last day before leaving the job but they forced me to go to the office anyway), but I spent 5 hours on a flight watching someone play FM (probably 2007) in the seats in front of me. I think they went through 2 or 3 detachable batteries, but it was better fun watching them play FM than watching the crud American Airlines had on their detestable 'entertainment' system!!

I saw a guy playing FM08 on one of handheld consoles (I'm not sure which) on a Ryanair flight from Liverpool to Rome last month! Is that a weird place? He was in the seat in front of me and he kept coughing so I blame him for the cold which practically ruined my holiday!

I've played FM on planes (laptop), but wouldn't consider it a particularly weird place to do so. Plane flights are notoriously boring, so any form of entertainment is good. Civilization is another good one to kill the time when travelling, especially as it's very playable with a laptop keyboard and thumbpad, unlike more frantic action-based games.

I was once a regular in the army. I played FM in my army barrack here in my country. I had my fun-laptop with me and played it all day long in uniform.

I got my mates hooked, two of my officers hooked and even when out in the field during missions, i will bring my FM handheld.

"bravo two niner, bravo two niner, this is delta one seven, we've made it through the cup final, out."

Ive done this before when ive been stoned but its more fun to try and make a starting 11 of regens all with the same faces. very confusing for mates having a look at your league :confused:

Archived