FM09 Tactic 442

After a few demo tries with various clubs i have managed to set up a tactic that seems to work quite well.

I have used with Liverpool and Plymouth Argyle and have good results including Plymouth getting to the 5th round of the carling cup beating Blackburn and Man City along the way.

It is quite attack minded but with the defenders holding back a little bit.

Have a look and try and let me know if it works for you!

Any idea's or feedback will be appreciated

http://rapidshare.com/files/163485110/442KOP__Liverpool__Nov_2008_.tac

http://rapidshare.com/files/164805725/442KOPV1__Liverpool__Apr_2009_.tac

LINKS SHOULD WORK NOW :)

Try this....

http://rapidshare.com/files/163197951/442KOP.tac

Still unbeaten with Liverpool (New game) but 2-0 down to Bayern Munich at half time...

I switch to all out attack at half time if i am losing and have won the ones i have done this on but that maybe be luck :p

EDIT:

lost 2-1 after having a player injured and 1 sent off..but the defence stood up well with LB CB and a RB and i scored after 93 mins...

Not bad....

After a few demo tries with various clubs i have managed to set up a tactic that seems to work quite well.

I have used with Liverpool and Plymouth Argyle and have good results including Plymouth getting to the 5th round of the carling cup beating Blackburn and Man City along the way.

It is quite attack minded but with the defenders holding back a little bit.

Have a look and try and let me know if it works for you!

Any idea's or feedback will be appreciated

http://rapidshare.com/files/163179097/442KOP.tac.html

Kop,

Any chance of putting a couple of screen shots on please?

Hmm.. i guess it maybe down to players...

I have bought and replaced 7 players so that may affect some part of the tactics.

Had a very good start but after a few games of watching 3D you can pick up whether a tweak or two is needed for your own club.

Still tweaking the tactics so any info on how it works for you will be good.

442 still works good on fm09 after using the same tactic on fm08. I'm 5 games 5 wins with it. But fm08 tactics do need a little bit of tweaking for FM09 but the basics still work very well. Including a 1-0 away WIN at Old Trafford !

thats it? nothing for defenders or goalkeepers or mc ?

No i just let my players ability do the rest...of course you need players that are good for the tactics and positions.

As it is an attacking tactic , i want to counter their attacking threat by closing down/showing onto weaker foot etc and let the formation/tactics.

I don't always make changes to the opposition players as it depends on who it is , their form etc...

There is no hard or fast rule on how to play against any team , you have to take one match at a time :)

Anyone able to pm me the tactic or to host it somewhere else please? Rapidshare seems to be overloaded on the campus network.

Thanks in advance !

Would this tactic work with Sunderland?

Most tactic I see on these forums are for top team Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea etc. Might give this a go and see what happens cant be any worse than I do lol.

What sort of strikers do you use for each side?

Have a go and see ... I tried with Plymouth and it worked well..

BUT.. As you can see from all the tactic posts on here , some work for some people , with others they don't !!

I can't see why it doesn't and i am not a tactic guru so can't really shed any light on it but i know it works for me and others so have a go and tweak if necessary.

No tactic will work for everyone :)

This tactic didnt work out for me with Newcastle, I did manage to scrape to 10th in season 1 and get to FA Cup semi-final (easy run of home fixtures then totally outclassed by WBA) lost count of the yellows and red cards I received. Lost 7 out of 9 in season 2 to average to poor opposition and lost the dressing room so have stepped down.

Archived