Better squad blend option's

I think there needs to be 2 reading's for this.

when you make a thew new signing's i can understand that the overall team blend may change or suffer, but if you still have players from the previous season, there team blend shouldnt change..

even buying alot of young players who go into u19's change your team blend, i think there should be a rating out of 100 that changes depending on your line up. ie: how many new players are in the team, this would effect that score.. not just the fact you signed a thew players who arnt even in the starting line up.

Look in the assistant feedback for a specific match. It will tell you about specific players and I would assume this effects their performance and will have a knock on your team as a whole but the aggregate assessment incorporates this and is no reflection on how settled your established players are. Basically what I'm saying is you are making a mountain out of a molehill :D

Sign a bunch of youngsters your aggregate blend will drop. Play your first 11 who are established at the club and there should be no ill effects in that specific match. So use the in match feedback to assess the blend effect on a specific match and not the aggregate blend found in Assistant Advice > Team Talk Feedback.

He does have a bit of a point, though. It would be nice to have access to that information in the A.M. Team Talk Feedback for a specific match (e.g., what was the team blend for the players who participated) as well as, say, in the A.M. "Get Team Report". (e.g., team blend for the currently selected XI).

I'm not saying "overall team blend" isn't useful; it belongs in the same locations as well.

He does have a bit of a point, though. It would be nice to have access to that information in the A.M. Team Talk Feedback for a specific match (e.g., what was the team blend for the players who participated) as well as, say, in the A.M. "Get Team Report". (e.g., team blend for the currently selected XI).

I'm not saying "overall team blend" isn't useful; it belongs in the same locations as well.

I guess it depends on how 'sophisticated' it is. My read on it based on the feedback given is that the blend has an effect on an individual player's performance. I could be wrong but I don't believe it has a complex effect whereby a 'new' striker is more likely to make a run in a different direction resulting in an established midfielder misplacing a pass because he expected the striker to move another way and vice versa. It's one of those things that it would be interesting to see the results of an analysis (are misplaced passes more likely when the receiver/passer is a new player and having trouble blending and/or due to language barriers) but downright tedious to gather the data.

I still think it's a case of a given player's attributes taking a knock or more difficulty in getting their morale to improve (so it will drop more rapidly and climb back up more slowly) rather than micro effects. But with morale/attributes as the inputs into the match engine you probably get the same result. Basically what I'm saying is I think the concept of overall blend is redundant. Sure it's nice to get a view but once you put 11 players on the pitch it's the individual 'settled or not' that matters. All just 'internet theory' of course :D

But I get what you are saying though. Fundamentally it's about the game giving the user information without the user having to compile it himself from information that already exists. So for example if I want to get a feel for blends of different lineups I need to record data myself and then add it all together myself whereas the game itself should provide us with this info (much like the introduction of the Fitness drop down where you can see the individual match fitness levels unlike 08 where you had to click through each player's profile)

Another interesting one is the effect on training but again damn near impossible to notice if there is an effect in casual playing but a pain in the arse to analyse 'scientifically'. There was a definite effect with 'having trouble settling' foreigners in terms of training levels on 08 for individual players but I never noticed a knock on effect for other 'established' players in the same training schedule.

The manual for this game really needs to be bigger :D

Where in the game do you find information on "aggregate team blend"? :(

That's what the Assistant Advice > Team Talk Feedback gives you. A one line assessment of how well 'blended' your team is as a whole. If you put 11 players on the pitch who have been your starting 11 for 3 years give or take then I highly doubt the assistant's assessment in that section has any effect on performance. If it does then it needs looking at (in my humble opinion of course :))

What I am curious about is that my assistant currently flags up Defoe as not blending into the team. He's been there for nearly a year, so is this just about how settled he is, whether the other players are used to his style of play, or is it because my tactics don't suit him?

I have generally made a habit of ignoring it - perhaps until I see a player who has failed to blend for some time and his performance is less than I would expect.

Back to the original point, I agree that I would like to know more about my first 11/18.

If we can do things like give our players a days rest, or ask the captain to hold a meeting (which should be a last resort), then I think it is perfectly realistic to include. I don't think we need to specify the activity though - just have it take up some of the existing training load or add to it.

Archived