Steam Pre-Download Update

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the update :)

So what happens to those of us who purchased the game from Steam if they don't meet the deadline?

They will - I'm sat in the office making sure it does go ahead - my last train home is 11:30 and I live 120 miles from the office - trust me - it will happen!!! :D

They will - I'm sat in the office making sure it does go ahead - my last train home is 11:30 and I live 120 miles from the office - trust me - it will happen!!! :D

Now thats dedication!

I had to update a database at work at 5.25pm, only live 10 minutes away......and I couldn't be bothered!

But just in case go and see if there are any pillows and blankets in your office...

So I guess the "This game will be unlocked in approximately 1 day and 4 hours" message refers to the activation and not to the preload?

Hi VMX - yes it means that you can activate the game in 1 day 4 hours.

Thanks guys for the comments :) I want it done and dusted as do you, so the sacrifice is worth it - regarding the lazy DB updater - tut tut :) I remember the good 'ole days of managing SQL Clusters... :eek:

Maybe you should of took your sleeping bag today :D:p

Hey, I'm still a little confused -

Available: November 12th, 2008

This game will unlock in approximately 5 hours

That can't be the authentication can it? Is that the deadline you were talking about Muzchap?

Mind you it's Nov13 here, this unlock seems to be PST or something (I'm assuming Steam is a yank firm)

you live 120 miles away? do you have to travel that far EVERY day?? *confused*

Yeah - everyday - but work from home on Fridays :D You get used to it (eventually) - unfortunately, not many 'gaming' jobs in Peterborough :)

Ok back to business - on the phone to Valve - it's looking good at the minute - everything seems nicely balanced and all set for 22:00 GMT - all the internal tests have passed - they are just finishing their external testing group tests (a mouthfull I know!) - once live - I'll post and update and you guys can go in and 'hit the button' :)

Yeah - everyday - but work from home on Fridays :D You get used to it (eventually) - unfortunately, not many 'gaming' jobs in Peterborough :)

Ok back to business - on the phone to Valve - it's looking good at the minute - everything seems nicely balanced and all set for 22:00 GMT - all the internal tests have passed - they are just finishing their external testing group tests (a mouthfull I know!) - once live - I'll post and update and you guys can go in and 'hit the button' :)

Can you tell us your personal opinion of Steam?

when it is available do i download from the steam programme i got when i pre ordered my game or do i need to go to there site?

You use their programme..don't worry it is easy enough. I'm just wondering if they can handle us all downloading it! Love the Steam option (though it appears many computer illiterate people don't, bless 'em) so thanks for using it SI! Can't be doing with dvd/cds...

You use their programme..don't worry it is easy enough. I'm just wondering if they can handle us all downloading it! Love the Steam option (though it appears many computer illiterate people don't, bless 'em) so thanks for using it SI! Can't be doing with dvd/cds...

Well... Steam has a lot of exp with such things, i allways had High download rates.

Sorry to hear people have problems with steam, i actually never had problem.

Can you tell us your personal opinion of Steam?

Yes - my personal opinion of Steam is positive - I purchased HL2 many moons ago and never looked back. The beauty of Steam is the way in which developers can patch games - instead of doing a cumulative patch, we can literally patch a bug as it happens, on the next launch you have the latest version - that is pure class. I personally hope we can get this in for FM09 after the latest patch - that's my personal opinion and in no way reflects SI or SEGA's intentions.

The patch is finishing off in testing right now - those going through Steam will be automatically updated. Those going through Uniloc will need to download the patch - the links are being primed now.

Don't worry about Steam bandwidth - its immense :)

Not long now - I'm sat waiting for the call - I'm pretty nervous :p

I have 2 pc. Could I download fm2009 via steam on one pc and the installing the game in the other one without installing on the second pc the steam download program?!?!?!

Certainly you can do that :) I have no idea why you would want to - but definitely possible :thup:

I have now bought three games from Steam including FM09 and my experience is positive, just one gripe. The manuals aren't always available, I had to get the FarCry 2 manual from the official Forum. Can SI or SEGA please make sure Steam make the FM manual available to download

Thanks

Sorry if i'm being dumb here. I just tried to order the game off steam put my payment details in and then when I pressed purchase computer said no. Do I have to wait till the game is unlocked to pay for it and stuff.

Cheers

Archived