Selling players after they have just joined?

Just been playing the demo with Aston Villa and as you know in real life, they have bought James Milner and Steve Sidwell in pre season. Now, Aston Villa start with a rubbish transfer budget of 5 million and i want to buy some new players. I would like to sell these players to fund my new signings but the message comes up saying he is reluctant to leave after just signing for the club.

Is there anyway of geting round this? Im sure this is new to fm09. I think in previous versions you could sell after just signing them in pre season cause the players were bought before the game starts.

any help would be great.

Yeah but thats the players i want to keep. Just not a big fan of Milner and Sidwell and are both rated at 10 and 5 million each. Even if i could get have of that it would boost my budget. Also i dont think there that great a player.

this feature was even in CM as far as i remember..

you cannot sel them, cause let's say you haven't give them a chance..like in real life, imagine..harry redknap comes to spurs and sell modric, pavlyuchenko just because they cost lots of money. it's pritty unbelievable

Always been that way, even if you had just bought them in game you cannot sell them. It's just safe guarding the fact that the club has just bought them outside of the game but still 'just bought them'.

Impossible to sell as no other clubs even make bids for them even if you offer them for 500K

You might not want to do this, but this is what I would do in your position on the full game. I would just use the editor before starting the game, find out how much was payed for the players IRL (as accurately as you can), put the players back at their old clubs and change the finances back accordingly as well (ie whatever Villa paid for the players, add back to your balance and transfer kitty, and take the same away from the clubs they were bought off as closely as possible)

I’ve done this before, but depends on how I’m ‘role playing’ the game. IE if have I joined the club at start of preseason ‘before’ the transfer window opens, then I act like these transfers never took place and do the above. That way I get to use the transfer funds available to do what I want as the manager, not what the guy before me wanted. If I’m going the other way and pretending that I’ve taken over a club after the previous manager has been sacked into the season, then I’ll turn off transfers and hope for the best in January! Hope that makes sense.

Really wanting to get my hands on Defour from Standard Liege. Thats why im wanting rid. Ive started with 5, sold Harewood and Knight and managed to get a further 2 from Randy. Gives me a budget now of 11. Fingers crossed.

He isn't anywhere near as much of a bargain this time round, still a cracking player though :)

Having to spend a shedload to get Defour is one of the things that convinced me that everything was OK in FM09 land, why shouldn't he cost at least as much as Fellaini cost Everton?

At Aston Villa you can ask for a higher wagebudget (Randy doubles the old budget!), then use "change budget" and transform som wagemoney to transfermoney.. that will give about £15 mill extra.. then you get rid off Knight (£3 mill), Harewood (£4 mill), Osbourne (£1,8) and Petrov (£3,5 mill).. that will give some big money at Aston Villa as well! :)

Archived