The Demo compatibility patch

Ok i know i have asked this a number of times but could we please get some update as to when it will come out? The game is going to release in just over 24 hrs and many of us dont yet know if our computers will play the game or not! So is the patch coming out anytime soon....

In the last blog miles said there would be a special compatibility patch for the demo for all those people who couldnt play the demo. This was 1 week back now and there yet is no clear update on it...

I personally think they've shelved plans for a compatability patch. Since people who have already got the game will be able to authenticate at about midnight tommorrow according to this link http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=60395 I dont see the point of a compatability patch at this late stage.

Perhaps they'll add a new updated demo to replace the current one once the game is officially available but I guess we'll just have to wait and see

I find this Miles statement in FM blog on hmv site:

"We've spent hours trawling through second hand shops and ebay trying to find the cards that were reported to have problems, and we think we've now fixed the issue with most of them so that they'll at least be able to run 2d. Once we're happy that there will be no more issues, we will release a compatability patch for the demo, so that those people having problems can play the game happily."

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?ctx=3604;6;-1;-1;-1&pPageID=3604

Well it's not like the whole game won't work, you just won't be able to use 3D so why not buy a game cos you can't use 1 feature!? The patch available on Friday will sort the rest to a moderate level, most of them completely

Actually for some of us the whole game doesn't work. SI did want us to still be able to run it with 2D, but the demo did not work that way. This particular compatability patch was supposed to make it so that the game could start up on the machines that it was not working on after the demo release. Obviously most of us would like to know if the game is even capable of starting up on our computers before we spent money on it.

Archived