Will this PC be good enough for FM09?

Would users be kind enough to let me know their thoughts on the below pc's spec & whether for the new FM09 game, the spec is not good enough, just about good enough or easily good enough. Really appreciate your help.

Compaq S5502uk PC Base Unit & HP 19" TFT Monitor

Accessories Included PS/2 keyboard and optical mouse

Features of Keyboard Wired

Hard Drive Size 160GB

Optical Drive HD Compatible No

Features of Mouse Wired

Card Reader Yes

Hard Drive Type SATA 3G

Processor Cache 256kb

Processor Bus 333MHz

Processor Model Number 2200

Number of PCI Express Ports 1 PCI-Express 16x (free), 1 PCI (1 free) and 2 PCI-Express 1x (2 free)

Software Load Microsoft® works and microsoft® office home and student 2007 60 day trial version. Microsoft® internet explorer 7.0. Windows mail. Adobe® reader 8.0. HP total care advisor. Photosmart essential, windows photo gallery. Windows media player. Windows movie maker, windows DVD maker. Cyberlink DVDSuite deluxe. Muvee autoProducer. EasyBits magic desktop. Windows media center

Optical Drive DVD Dual Layer Rewriter

Operating System Windows Vista™ Home Premium

Processor AMD Sempron Dual Core Processor

Optical Drive Blu-ray Compatible No

Optical Drive Lightscribe Compatible Yes

Memory 1GB

Graphics NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6150 SE GPU(VGA port)

Processor Speed 1.5GHz

Bundle Contains PC base unit

Number of USB Ports 6x USB 2.0

If its not good enough or you know of a better pc to get for around £200 - £300, i'd be grateful for your comments.

Cheers!

why do people ask this?

Here is mine and i know it runs absolutley fine.

2.1 ghz processor

1 GB of ram

Geforce FX 5500 (yes a 5500)

40 GB HD space.

So if yours is lower than that then panic. Getting a new comp next week (quad core) and i know its good enough so i wont bother posting the specs on that one :p

my advice get that PC, seems quite resonable price and buy a decent graphics card seperately.

The PC above has a PCI-Express slot for a graphics upgrade.... its a simple job requiring one screw!

Play Value Geforce 8600GT / 256MB / PCI Express X16 < on play.com for £37.99 which is by some margin good enough to play FM09 and next years version too :D

why do people ask this?

Here is mine and i know it runs absolutley fine.

2.1 ghz processor

1 GB of ram

Geforce FX 5500 (yes a 5500)

40 GB HD space.

So if yours is lower than that then panic. Getting a new comp next week (quad core) and i know its good enough so i wont bother posting the specs on that one :p

similar to mine. Just dont play as many leagues and its ok.

tony1: I'd invest more than that on a new PC tbh (just built one for ~£350, with dual2.6ghz cpu, 512mb gfx card, 3gig ram and a bus speed over 1000mhz)

It's relatively easy to build your own PC (getting compatible parts is the main issue). If anyone wants a new PC I would advise buying parts from http://www.ebuyer.com/ and posting the spec on a forum (Such as here) to check compatibility.

tony1: I'd invest more than that on a new PC tbh (just built one for ~£350, with dual2.6ghz cpu, 512mb gfx card, 3gig ram and a bus speed over 1000mhz)

It's relatively easy to build your own PC (getting compatible parts is the main issue). If anyone wants a new PC I would advise buying parts from http://www.ebuyer.com/ and posting the spec on a forum (Such as here) to check compatibility.

the guy who posted originally wanted a half decent pc for about £200 - £300 and thats not bad for the price.

Have been checking prices as well for either to build myself or buy and add to. I have built my last 3 systems myself and now its as cheap to buy a complete system as build yourself. Looked at 1 on line last week

Pentium dual core 2.2

2 gig ram

320ghz hard drive

256 gfx card

take home price £175

why do people ask this?

quote]

They do this because they like clogging up the forum with useless questions instead of either :-

Searching the forum beforehand for minimum specs or

Downloading a version of the demo and trying things for themselves before they commit themselves to a purchase.

Hey guys...

im sure everyone is bored with all this now, but i was wanting to check...

these are my system specs, and FM08 ran fine (from my memory) but will 09 run ok?

packard bell pentium® 4 cpu 3.06ghz

448mb ram

im not sure what graphic card thing i have, how do i check?

anyway, what dya reckon, will it be ok?

i dont wanna download the demo because it'll ruin the excitement of getting the game for me!

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/dell-dimension-4550-pentium/4507-3118_7-20478986.html?tag=mncol;psum

i was just wondering whether the game will work for me? i know my PC is old but usually the games work fine for me! If the PC isn't up to spec, any info on what to do would be helpful. thanks :D

No, 256mb ram is not enough. The graphics card is also below par. Being a Dell PC you often can't upgrade the graphics card in them so it would be pretty difficult to do much with that pc without just buying a new one. (It'd probably cost more due to the parts being so old that they can be awkward to come accross now)

Hey guys...

these are my system specs, and FM08 ran fine (from my memory) but will 09 run ok?

448mb ram

i dont wanna download the demo because it'll ruin the excitement of getting the game for me!

Unlikely, your ram is pretty low. Your graphics card is more than likely an onboard intel one

Hey guys...

448mb ram

You need lots more ram imo at least 2GB. Since the patch is now available it should fix any problems with your graphics card

Archived