FM Club

• SI Staff

There have been mentions now of the FM Club in the blogs and podcasts, so with Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld 2009 both out on Friday for most countries, it's about time we revealed what is it...

For those who buy Football Manager 2009 or Football Manager Handheld 2009, if you look at the back cover of the manual, you'll find a unique key code and a link to an exclusive area of the FM website.

If you go to that website, type in your unique key code, and register your details, you automatically become a member of the FM Club.

By becoming a member, you will be entered into a prize draw each month for the next 11 months (at least) to win a host of prizes that will be offered. The first of these will be a signed shirt from a World Cup winners, provided by our friends at Subside Sports.

As well as prize draws, there will be special offers for those who are members at different points of the year, ranging from money off vouchers from some of our partners, through to special offers from Sports Interactive and SEGA, so it's worth checking back on the website every now and again to see what benefits you get as a member.

The community have played such a big role in making the Football Manager series a huge success, through their support and also their ideas and feedback, and this is our way of saying "thank you".

We hope you enjoy being part of the FM club. The only bad thing from my perspective is that I'm not allowed to enter the prize draws :( .......

You can join the FMCLub now here www.footballmanager.com/fmclub using the code on the back of your manual.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
From a marketing perspective, a great way to connect to the community and make some money along the way (through partners).

But, what about those who buy from Steam, they will not have a manual?

As for the first point, no money will change hands, so no money making scheme for us.

As for your second point, I've just asked that question, and will get back to you when I have an answer!

well miles, i just hope that those who bought from steam could get an account(cd key) to become members...cause many that have played the game since the beginning and that could consider that they can be given a place in the fm club, maybe this year they have bought from steam...and it will be a difference that will be discussed too much...steam users(buyers) being angry cause they can not join the club...as for myself(bought from steam fm), i would like to be part of that club :) cause there have been to many years since i started to play the game and i would like to be part of it with that account(cd key):)

not for the prizes, cause my yearly prize is the game;) but just to be part of the great community that exists here

I often read the opening of a thread by a member of SI and just wander how the forum members can pick holes out of it. Got to be honest, couldn't see these responses coming. People mentioning the benefits to SI etc? It's got nothing to do with us the financial side of it! Ungrateful little....

Mind you, I'm an old fashioned one and like to run down the shops with my money and get a game in my hand, so I won't have a problem with Steam.

Thanks Miles and the team.

Sounds good but im going to have to a party pooper because i cant help but think they released the game was poop and made this to keep us sweet :( not arguin though, so acually this is a waste of a post :)

SI know the only way to keep us sweet, is giving us the patch that will make this the best game of the series so far. Miles and the team know full well that this announcement won't sweeten up those who come here purely to mona, and then enjoy the game secretly. You know who you be!

Heheh, nice move :)

THIS is the kind of stuff that I believe companies have to do to fight piracy, and not useless DRM methods that will be cracked a week or two after the release.

The key is offering online content that only legit users can have access to.

To be honest, I was really wondering what the FM Club could be, and making my own guesses. And I was hoping it to be more of an online "hall of fame" or something like that, where we different "managers" could actually share and compare our achievements, history, etc. in some way :D (obviously this would be difficult due to some people using "scouts" and others not doing so, but... I thought it would still be cool :))

Anyway, great work SI!!

Another good reason (as if we needed more) to buy this great (post-patch) game! ;)

Do we get a badge like what you got from the Dennis the Menace club when you were a lad and you could join it out of the Beano and the badge you got sent was of Gnasher and it was like all furry and stuff and it had boggly eyes that moved and stuff when you shook it or when you wore it and jumped and that cos if you did it'd be well wicked but if you didn't i'd be like whatever but would like it really so can you let me know if we do cos that'd be well wicked as well if you could tell us thx

Do we get a badge like what you got from the Dennis the Menace club when you were a lad and you could join it out of the Beano and the badge you got sent was of Gnasher and it was like all furry and stuff and it had boggly eyes that moved and stuff when you shook it or when you wore it and jumped and that cos if you did it'd be well wicked but if you didn't i'd be like whatever but would like it really so can you let me know if we do cos that'd be well wicked as well if you could tell us thx

god

Archived