release day patch

i know this has probably been asked but i haven't seen it

but will it be possible to use the game on a computer with a poor graphics card after patching?

and can the game be used on more than one computer after its been activated on one?

If you have a below spec graphics card then I think you'll struggle even if you do install the patch. If you plan to play the game on more than one computer i'm pretty sure you will need 2 disks and both will have to be authenticated unless your using a mac which doesn't need authenticated.

There will be a compatibility patch for those who have a poor graphics card & can't start up the game.

You can have the game activated on five different computers at the same time. If you uninstall one game, you get one activation licence back.

is there thread about that compatibility patch.. =? please tell me what is it about...or point me to thread which i cant find.

If you have a below spec graphics card then I think you'll struggle even if you do install the patch. If you plan to play the game on more than one computer i'm pretty sure you will need 2 disks and both will have to be authenticated unless your using a mac which doesn't need authenticated.

Are you sure? What about the 5 seat rule for the PC version of FM09?

This means that you will get 5 licenses for personal use, so you can play the game on up to 5 computers as long as you own them, and the owner of the game is the person playing on said machines. If you uninstall the game on one of the PC's you have the game installed on, you get that "seat" back.

As an example, say you have installed the machine on your work laptop, your work PC, your home PC and your home laptop. You would then have used up 4 out of your 5 uses of the game. Your home desktop has some problems, so you decide to re-install windows on it. As long as you uninstall the game from that machine first, you will get that license back, and when you re-install, will still only be using 4 of your 5 installs.

I believe the patch will address some compatibility issues that have been highlighted since the demo launch. Specifically what, I'm afraid I don't know.

oh right ok.

thought i read somewhere that it would be making the 3d patch an option when installing so the graphics card wouldn't need to be as good

Archived