Question: Activating through Steam in one PC, without Steam on the other?

VMX

Ok, so I plan to buy the game and install it both in my desktop PC and in my laptop.

However, I only use Steam in my desktop, and have no intention to use it on my laptop so far (unless it's required).

So... will it be possible to activate my desktop install through Steam (to get the updates faster, as it's where I'll play more) while activating the laptop install online but without using Steam?

There will be any conflicts?

Thanks, and sorry if it's been answered. I tried searching but there are just too many messages speaking about not-so-related stuff, but inside the same two or three threads. So it's really hard to find if a post is related to this inside an 8 page thread...

It's been said several times that's not the case. You can activate a DVD copy from the shops through steam too.

Yeah. That one, I'm aware of.

However, my plan would be to buy a boxed version of the game, then activating it through Steam on my desktop.

After that, I would go on with my laptop, where I don't use Steam at all, and try to activate it through "Unilock" or whatever the other method is.

Would this be possible?

Yeah I have no idea as well. This is a new method so I don't think many people know how it works...

It would be nice if someone from SI threw some light over this. However, they seem to be uber-busy fetching the patch, getting the activation servers ready, and what not... lol

Archived