Problem with "reading and entering" the keycode

R1ku

Just got my copy of FM2009 from my local gameshop and started to install it (through Steam) it asks about the keycode that is at the back of the "booklet", but I've just can't get it to work. It must have something to do with the 0's, O's, 1's and I's, which are really hard to tell which are which. And the letters that look like T's could even be an "I" or "1". And when so many letters or numbers look like each other it's REALLY hard to get it right. I've now tried about ten times with different combinations and still can't get it right.

Any advice is greatly appriciated! It's getting really frustrating.

Indeed, I believe 9am British Time on Friday is when the authentication servers will be turned on. So you won't be able to do it until then since that is the official release date of the game. Your local gameshop has obviously broken the street date and sold it to you early.

Oh, wasn't aware of the actual release date, at the back of my mind I thought it was last friday. I just walked into the store and asked for the game and the clerk behind the desk sold it to me no questions asked. I guess he really shouldn't have. Damn, this is really a bummer, was really looking forward to playing tonight. But I guess I have to wait two days now. I hope I can insert the keycode properly on friday, or else I'll be in this topic again. I wish they wouldn't insert the O's, 0's etc into the keycode, when the font is as unclear as the one in this booklet.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Oh, wasn't aware of the actual release date, at the back of my mind I thought it was last friday. I just walked into the store and asked for the game and the clerk behind the desk sold it to me no questions asked. I guess he really shouldn't have. Damn, this is really a bummer, was really looking forward to playing tonight. But I guess I have to wait two days now. I hope I can insert the keycode properly on friday, or else I'll be in this topic again. I wish they wouldn't insert the O's, 0's etc into the keycode, when the font is as unclear as the one in this booklet.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Am I right in thinking you know how to authenticate? There are three different ways.

Am I right in thinking you know how to authenticate? There are three different ways.

I think I do. I used Steam to install and play the demo and thought it was the simplest way to do it with the actual game as well, so that's what I tried. Never heard about the "Uniloc" option it gives when trying to install, though.

I think I do. I used Steam to install and play the demo and thought it was the simplest way to do it with the actual game as well, so that's what I tried. Never heard about the "Uniloc" option it gives when trying to install, though.

Yeah, you can do it through Steam. Apparently, if you do it through Steam, you'll get a message asking if you also want to take the patch. So that's the way I'll be doing it!

Havent got my copy yet (hoping it gets sent today!) but I would have thought it pretty unlikely that there would be zeros and letter O's in a keycode, much like it'd be weird to have the lowercase L and digit 1's for it's quite confusing. E.g. you dont get this in WEP codes for obvious reasons.

So... we have another activation issue - and I say again 'OI SEGA! Should have thought of this and told those trying to play early what the deal is during attempted activation!' Doh!

The digits for the key code aren't that unclear.

They are a bit faint but you can distinguish each letter/figure without trouble.

Yeah, you're prop right. I think I just over-reacted when the activation didn't work at all, when I thought it would. I got a bit paranoid about the zeros looking like O's when the keycode didn't work (as it shouldn't have, 'cause of the activation servers are not up yet).

maybe he cant see too good?

I have normal eye-sight, no glasses or nothing.. :)

In that case they should have waited before intrducing this so that it worked on both platforms. Its very unfair on those pc users that get\have it early. I know people will say that they shouldn't have been sold it early but what about online retailers who post early in the hope that their customers get it on the official release day. Its hardly their fault if the british post is very efficient for once and delivers the game early. The authentication fiasco almost makes me want to go out and buy a mac......almost ;)

In that case they should have waited before intrducing this so that it worked on both platforms. Its very unfair on those pc users that get\have it early. I know people will say that they shouldn't have been sold it early but what about online retailers who post early in the hope that their customers get it on the official release day. Its hardly their fault if the british post is very efficient for once and delivers the game early. The authentication fiasco almost makes me want to go out and buy a mac......almost ;)

Maybe the few Mac sells of the game compared with PC sells are just not important in case of software piracy?

Frank

could you buy me one too ;)

............and me with large fries & a coke!

That keycode your all so deperate to use.Maybe the keycode to the fm club miles mentioned in sticky at top..I maybe wrong my game not here until tomorrow..

The keycode to unlock the game is the same as the one for the fm club. It took me 4 or 5 attempts to register for the fm club due to the difficulty deciding if it was a O or 0, 1 or I. Finally got in though, now pasted the correct keycode into notepad so that I dont have the same problem on Friday when it comes to activating the game.

Archived