Persija -WTF!! - Is This For Real??

Aren't the stars relevent to the level they are playing at? With playing as lower league teams in the past I've had my coaches give many players 7 stars, doesn't mean they're better than Messi, just that they're better than the standard of player in that league.

I'm assuming Persija are the best team in their league.

stars are comparisons within the team they are plyaing in. not saying i necessarily agree that it should be that way becuase you can buy a player that has 7 stars and as soon as he joins you he's down to 4 stars but thats the way it seems to be.

When you send a scout to assess a player the stars given are what he thinks the player would be in your squad not the team the player actually player for!

When you send a scout to assess a player the stars given are what he thinks the player would be in your squad not the team the player actually player for!

do they? ooh ok. maybe its another issue where my scout tells me they'll be 7 stars and then when i buy them the same scout says hes only 5.

could be to do with the fact the scout can now see first hand what the player is like.

do they? ooh ok. maybe its another issue where my scout tells me they'll be 7 stars and then when i buy them the same scout says hes only 5.

could be to do with the fact the scout can now see first hand what the player is like.

or that they are a 7 star in the league they are currently playing but the league you brought them to they are 5 stars only.

Strikes me as silly. No assman would ever say "This guy is a 7 star prospect, completely brilliant and will utterly dominate every game (but only relative to the league you're playing in so if you get promoted then you'll need to rebuy your whole team)".

Coach and scouting reports let you know how good a player is relative to your team/league so why not make the rating stars relative to the world.

or that they are a 7 star in the league they are currently playing but the league you brought them to they are 5 stars only.

No, the stars on the scout report give an indication of what the scout believes the player's ability to be, relative to your current squad.

The disparity between the scout's star rating and the coach/assman star rating when the player actually joins your club highlights the limited ability of the scout, not the player.

Or in other words, sometimes scouts get it wrong.

on a similar note, i find it really annoying in the following scenario

I have sold my olnly good LB, then any LB i scout is rated at a high level of stars

I buy a new "better" LB

When I look through start ratings of LBs, I have to check whether the reports were made before or after I bought my new LB before they mean anything

on a similar note, i find it really annoying in the following scenario

I have sold my olnly good LB, then any LB i scout is rated at a high level of stars

I buy a new "better" LB

When I look through start ratings of LBs, I have to check whether the reports were made before or after I bought my new LB before they mean anything

You can clear the scout report, or you can re-scout them, or both.

What I do is take the star ratings of an indicator, and then ask for a reportcard only scout of them, this will update the star rating.

But I agree that a "date scouted" timestamp would be a useful future idea.

They say how many days old they are on the overall scouting screen, but I've never noticed an actual timestamp on the report itself?

It tells your the day, month and year the report was made on. Top right of the report - it's a drop down box allowing you to select any other scout reports made on the player.

I can see why people want to know a players relative worldwide rating but this is unrealistic as it would require the assumption that scout know the relative ability of every player in the world so they can rate the prospect accordingly.

If the player is being scouted for a lower league team then compared to the best in the world they'll all be 1 star making the report useless in terms of picking players for your team.

Making it relative to the league is far far more useful than to the world. Say you're managing in England, you're in the premiership the league rating are basically the same as the world, say you're at the very bottom. Every player you have and every player that would improve your team that you can actually sign would be rated 1/7 on the world stage. That doesn't actually tell you anything but clearly you staff can see there is a difference between them.

When you're managing at any club you need a rating system that makes your average players get middle stars, good players get high stars etc... not your club is too small they're all rubbish, that would make the whole feature pointless.

Archived