Have physical stats of regens been fixed ?

Just what the title says. I know they were working on regens and improving the development and the start CA for wonderkids, however I do not know yet if there will be finally regens with realistic physical stats.

I'd be happy with a "yes" or "no" from someone from SI, like Riz who seems to be involved in the regen thing :)

Some have good physical stats, some have bad attributes, but not SO bad. I have not much complaint about it, but still not perfect, but it's better than in FM08.

The real problem are the mental attributes. Sometimes (no, not sometimes, ALWAYS) there are regens strikers/att mid/fullbacks that have their off the ball attribute at 2-4. And the same for defenders, they always have poor anticipation and positioning. Also marking attribute is very low dor CD/FB/DM's. And most CM's, even those that aren't accomplished DM's, come with tackling 13-15, which is also unrealistic.

I hope they fix those serious problem in the release day patch. The problem with off the ball for attacking players and marking for defensive players ruins this game's regens. But they're slightly better than in FM08 if you ask me.

Also, aggression and bravery attributes are still unrealistically low for most players and 9 out of 10 regens have low WFA, i mean, they have their weaker foot at Very Weak.

Pretty sure Miles said a while back that regens had been sorted, altho best way to find out is check out these forums a day or 2 after the release, I expect someone will have done a long term holiday to see what the regens are like

No, you don't need to wait one or two days after the release date. Just open the demo, start a game in Brazil with Flamengo (state of the art youth facilitties), the game will start on 21st December, play the game until 2nd January and a new intake of youth players will be announced.

No, you don't need to wait one or two days after the release date. Just open the demo, start a game in Brazil with Flamengo (state of the art youth facilitties), the game will start on 21st December, play the game until 2nd January and a new intake of youth players will be announced.

That's not really a reliable 'sample' of regens, though.

What you need to do - as people have done with previous versions - is to do some sort of assessment of attribute distribution when the game starts (using something like Genie Scout), and then do the same thing about 20-25 seasons in, when all players are regens. Logically, you should see a similar distribution of attributes amongst players in 2008 and regen players in 2030, but previously, it's been obvious that the regens are much less likely to have good physical attributes, and set piece attributes, despite having similarly distributed CA and PA stats.

I'd hope that SI have been doing something similar when trying to solve this problem. We'll wait to see when 09 arrives!

I so hope the regens turn out to be good! It is arguably the most important aspect of the game. Otherwise like in FM08, after several seasons theres no point playing anymore because the players are pure rubbish.

Also, I hope its true and we do get some good wonderkids. Finding a new messi for example would be amazing.

So this based on youth players starting attributes?

but they are all pure rubbish together so it kinda works out ok ;)

It doesn't really. Firstly the quality of matches suffers. Secondly, as AI really isn't too brilliant when judging players and it mostly goes for CA/PA and reputation you'll end up with all the decent ones while all AI teams are full of useless dross with high CA/PA. That's why everyone ends up dominating their league in a few years.

In the same way the transfer system has been? :)

Lol. Granted, he did say that was sorted and there are still the same issues but it is an improvement on 08, so I for one am holding onto the hope that regens are also improved, hopefully more so than the transfer system tho

In the same way the transfer system has been? :)

Ahh, controversial VonBlade! I think the transfer system is markedly improved- for a start, you can actually sell players now instead of waiting for their contracts to expire. On '08 you literally couldn't give the beggars away.

Ahh, controversial VonBlade! I think the transfer system is markedly improved- for a start, you can actually sell players now instead of waiting for their contracts to expire. On '08 you literally couldn't give the beggars away.

you could barely sell the best players in your team for their market value in 08 too.

Plus one thing I hate is how every team is full of over 30's.

The AI doesnt go out signing and searching for new talent, instead keeps all the older players who have higher reputations.

In 2016 in my game, then England national team has a starting 11 of all over 30's! Same with Barcelona, Real, Man Utd and AC Milan.

Whereas my Nottm Forest side has every good youngster there is in existence in the footballing world. So it leaves me with no one else to sign, and no one to challenge my team!

I wanna see wonderkids coming through, and breaking into the top teams every few years, rather than the real life players staying in contention until their all in their late 30's.

It doesn't really. Firstly the quality of matches suffers. Secondly, as AI really isn't too brilliant when judging players and it mostly goes for CA/PA and reputation you'll end up with all the decent ones while all AI teams are full of useless dross with high CA/PA. That's why everyone ends up dominating their league in a few years.

This has been my experience, too - and something I was kind of discussing on this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=58666&page=3

Ideally, you'd want AI managers to pay attention to attributes, not only in deciding who's a good player for what position, but also in order to sign players that are suitable for their tactics/squad.

If that doesn't happen, then it's even more crucial to fix the regen distribution, and other things like the positions/attributes problem that we were discussing on that thread. Otherwise, like you say, the big teams tend to sign lots of players with a good CA, but with attributes not particularly suited to their position (On one game, I remember Manchester United/Chelsea/Arsenal having lots of DCs with apalling pace/jumping, that were qute easy to exploit).

Just did that thing with Flamengo in the demo, and it seems like the physical stats have indeed been improved a lot!

About 1/4 of the youth players I got at January 2nd had pace and acceleration over 15 !

That's quite an improvement!

However I agree that they have awful mental stats. But they are all 14 or 15 years old, and I expect a 14-year old to have mentally low stats. After all that's the area that should improve the most with age.

Seems like SI did get it right finally this time regarding physical attributes!

But I think it's too early to say that only basing upon a single test with a brazilian youth team (you know, brazilians are supposed to be the best regens). So if in England at the year 2020 still no english player can run faster than 15 anymore, then I don't care about the brazilians :)

Archived