si tell us whats going on

i have been on the forums over last couple of days am disappointed at lack of news from either si or sega

1. on your own site u say that fm09 can be downloaded from steam 48hrs before 14th ready for autherisation

but site shows u will not be able to download it till midnight on 13th on mine anyway

2. people have the game at moment but can t play game if on pc but if mac can

this is unfair u should have better control of ur retail partners who are selling game at moment

but whether it be digital download or buying from shop both methods have went wrong

si and sega need to let people know whats going on or the guessing will continue-

we are the people who buy your games year in year out

we are not pirates we are paying customers ordinary guys and gals as per female aspect of game

please let us know whats happening

There is no definite answer on when the patch will be ready, what the patch will fix, what time the authentication servers will be up or when the Steam pre-download will be up and available.

Everyone really needs to stop asking the same questions over and over. Whilst I understand it's frustrating to not know what's going on, there is a real lack of patience from people on the forums at the moment.

You need to wait until 9.00am on Friday the 14th to activate your game so I gather.

yes that is correct but option to download game from steam should have been 9am today

and what about the people on macs playing game at moment while players who own pc s can t

is that fair no

when u do things u make it a level playing field for everyone

si and sega have done themselves no favours with the pc paying customers this year.

CP - its this way every year. Expect the lunacy to last until at the very earliest the final patch.

jimhagen - as far as the STEAM thing goes, serves you right for trusting STEAM.

As for the PC/Mac thing... I agree that that's a bit annoying but *shrug* what ya gonna do? Buy a mac :D

(by the by, I'm a PC user. I just have a sense of humour and the common sense not to get irate on an internet forum :D)

Oh, and learn to punctuate/capitalise; reading your posts is giving me a headache.

There is no definite answer on when the patch will be ready, what the patch will fix, what time the authentication servers will be up or when the Steam pre-download will be up and available.

Everyone really needs to stop asking the same questions over and over. Whilst I understand it's frustrating to not know what's going on, there is a real lack of patience from people on the forums at the moment.

What's frustrating is not knowing if booking friday off work is a complete waste of time or not.

If the patch isn't available at a reasonable time on friday then I might as well not bother.

Yeah, normally SI guys are hanging around here, looks like they've all scarpered. We have had little or no info from them in the last couple of days, it's pathetic.

Um... would you rather they were in the forum, or off working on the release patch? Just a thought...

The game is due in one day and you say "Patience"?!

What's frustrating is not knowing if booking friday off work is a complete waste of time or not.

If the patch isn't available at a reasonable time on friday then I might as well not bother.

AFAIK they're aiming to have the patch online at the same time as the authentication systems, and given that the SI guys aren't clairvoyants, that's probably all you're going to hear until a) it goes live or b) they know for sure that it WON'T be ready. The patch certainly won't be available before 9am Friday, as that is release time officially.

People who arent concerned obviously havnt PAID for the game via steam.....as soon as you order it money gets taken out of ur account if they didnt take it out until the game was released then thats fine i wuld of just cancelled it but they are happy to take ur money and leave you hanging.....

Yeah, normally SI guys are hanging around here, looks like they've all scarpered. We have had little or no info from them in the last couple of days, it's pathetic.

[/Quote]

Would you rather they were all on here answering questions, rather than whipping the patch developers to ensure the patch is ready on time and contains all the required fixes?

People who arent concerned obviously havnt PAID for the game via steam.....as soon as you order it money gets taken out of ur account if they didnt take it out until the game was released then thats fine i wuld of just cancelled it but they are happy to take ur money and leave you hanging.....

I know. That's what I mean, serves you right for going via STEAM, they're a bunch of cowboys and rip-off artists.

Um... would you rather they were in the forum, or off working on the release patch? Just a thought...

Writing a post with all the info wouldn't take a minute. Besides they are working on their Computers, it is not like they have to go to another building!

u are right about the patch bt how long does it take to give us an update

no blogs no podcasts no anouncements

What is frustratingly sad to me is that people book time off work, just to play the game ?

Is there that much going on in your lives that people are whinging about a patch release date, or when the game can be played...so long as the game works (which I know has been a fair issue to some people) what is so terrible to be complaining to SI for ??

Christ they made the game to start with, try to match customer ideas and demand, but still people just can not stop asking for more and more and more.

I know you want the game to work, and the authentication is a pretty bold change of direction, but there will be a patch, it will come out at some point, it doesnt in all honesty affect the play of the game, just aesthetic details. I saw one time that someone got antsy because a transfer wasnt in the right place or something, I mean holy hell, that is being too pathetic for words.

SI you done another top job on this, I have the demo, have timed it out, and am now just looking forward to me PLAY.com delivered game to our place, I have no idea when its expected to turn up, I can wait, but once its here, I will enjoy it just as much as someone who has busted their arse trying to get a pre-release or something stupid.

TWO days.

Wednesday --> Thursday --> Friday

1 2

:)

What DO they teach you kids in school these days?

You are either an idiot who can't count or ignorant and you don't know that it will be released at midnight. Both ways I feel sorry for you.

Giving previously high levels of communication between them and us I'm pretty sure if they had definite information, they would let us know.

Whinging and moaning on the forums will not get anything done faster.

In the "where is the announcement thread" Matt has stated that he is looking into the steam pre-load, and they are still working on the authentication servers hence the lack of information.

Whilst it does seem a bit last minute, I'm sure they are doing their best.

I mean come on guys, you do realise there all very busy due to the launch of FML and also with FM09 and now that there doing a patch for it also. I mean I can understand the frustration but there only human.....I think ;) I think everyone just needs to take a step back a minuet and stop stressing over something which to be honest is not the end of the world.

I think people need to stop getting so ridicously hysterical.

As soon as SI can confirm anything their going to. Keeping on and on like spoilt little kids wanting their new game really doesn't do anything. Get a grip.

Do you not believe that the issue at question should of / or has already been resolved. Tomorrow is launch day for FM 2009 - if I was in business I'd make sure everything in terms of how the game is released and authorized is sorted out not 24 hours before release day but way before release date.

SI are busy working long shifts to iron out the technical issues and various bugs so the patch can be ready for Friday.

Be patient, they will post when there is more information to give.

We are supposed to have the game on Friday, there's every chance with the Steam timer stuff up that we may not get it until Saturday. They could at least check with Steam and update us or tell Steam to fix it.

At the moment my Steam says 14 hours, which is 2am GMT 13th. If that is the 48 hour thing, then that means authentication at 2am GMT 15th, if it isn't then it's a strange time anyway. Is it based on yank time? will it still authenticate at 9am GMT 14th? what happened to the 48 hours thing if it does authenticate at the right time?

I think everyone just needs to take a step back a minuet and stop stressing over something which to be honest is not the end of the world.

I must agree. I'm sitting here have just been diagnosed with a tumor in my brain. What day I get to play a darn computer game seems awfully insignificant right now. Get a grip guys. It's REALLY not that big of a deal.

I must agree. I'm sitting here have just been diagnosed with a tumor in my brain. What day I get to play a darn computer game seems awfully insignificant right now. Get a grip guys. It's REALLY not that big of a deal.

Surely posting on a game forum is insignificant in your situation?

SI you done another top job on this, I have the demo, have timed it out, and am now just looking forward to me PLAY.com delivered game to our place, I have no idea when its expected to turn up, I can wait, but once its here, I will enjoy it just as much as someone who has busted their arse trying to get a pre-release or something stupid.

my god manutdthereds,you really have taken this management game to far.

you sound like the ass kissing FA towards Alex ferguson..lol

What is frustratingly sad to me is that people book time off work, just to play the game ?

Is there that much going on in your lives that people are whinging about a patch release date, or when the game can be played...so long as the game works (which I know has been a fair issue to some people) what is so terrible to be complaining to SI for ??

Christ they made the game to start with, try to match customer ideas and demand, but still people just can not stop asking for more and more and more.

I know you want the game to work, and the authentication is a pretty bold change of direction, but there will be a patch, it will come out at some point, it doesnt in all honesty affect the play of the game, just aesthetic details. I saw one time that someone got antsy because a transfer wasnt in the right place or something, I mean holy hell, that is being too pathetic for words.

Why does this frustrate you?

Do you have so little to do yourself that what other people chose to do with their vast amounts of annual leave causes you a problem??

I mean come on guys, you do realise there all very busy due to the launch of FML and also with FM09 and now that there doing a patch for it also. I mean I can understand the frustration but there only human.....I think ;) I think everyone just needs to take a step back a minuet and stop stressing over something which to be honest is not the end of the world.
Surely posting on a game forum is insignificant in your situation?

Absolutely. I was just making a comment on how unimportant it all really is so that people might perhaps not get themselves so wound up. :)

Archived