Any wife troubles while playing FM?

I am going to get married one day. I am all happy about it, but i am so scared that one thing i love so much in life will be so very limited.

That is of course playing PS3 and Football manager on PC...

Those of you married here.

How do you handle it?

what kind of lies do you come up with?

I tell this to my gf, i tell her that sometimes i will play games and she suddenly gives me a sad face and tells me that in marriage i, should pay attention to her instead of playing video games.

I mean i am ok for the few months of FM 2009

but what am i gonna do with fm 2010?

how will i book a weekend off from my wife to play this game nonstop?

i would be happy if you can share how you handle it

P.S. I am serious.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am going to get married one day. I am all happy about it, but i am so scared that one thing i love so much in life will be so very limited.

How do you handle it?

I tell this to my gf, i tell her that sometimes i will play games and she suddenly gives me a sad face and tells me that in marriage i, should pay attention to her instead of playing video games.

P.S. I am serious.

Pre-nup matey. Contract clause of 20 hours of FM09 or no dice. Have your lawyer peruse it before stamping it with the family seal. :thup:

I had enough time to play FM or xbox while being married... it all changed by having a child though, even so appearently it is getting easier one day again ;) Guess that day will be when I'll be playing a netgame with my son!

my gf watched me playing COD4 the other week.

and she looked at me as if i am a real killer in real life.

and she said " how can you like to kill" and added "women give life so we dont like to see people get killed"

The only game she ever liked in ps3 was SUPER STARDUST HD

can u believe it?

and i can see that when i play FM in 2d i am sure she will say

" u are sitting in ur couch for an entire day to buy and sell virtual players and they make matches as a dot (2d view) "

i am so doomed

:(

Pre-nup matey. Contract clause of 20 hours of FM09 or no dice. Have your lawyer peruse it before stamping it with the family seal. :thup:

man.

you just saved my gaming AND marriange life :)

though i wonder if she will ever accept :)

I had enough time to play FM or xbox while being married... it all changed by having a child though, even so appearently it is getting easier one day again ;) Guess that day will be when I'll be playing a netgame with my son!

luck you have a son for gaming

i dont mind a daughter or a son in the future.

but if i have a daughter and i am married

than i will be forced to leave ps3 and FM for nintendo Wii :(

Yesterday I went into a game shop and tried to be cheeky and get FM09 early, the shop owner told me Friday. So later on I drove there with my Wife (first wedding aniversary yesterday too) and asked her to go in and say she wanted the game for her little Brother who's Birthday is on Friday (she dosnt have a Brother) and he agreed she could pick it up on Thursday Evening. Lol.

Not sure if it had anything to do with her being blonde and very charming ;)

Been together 8 years, she knows Football is apart of my life - like breathing

get a laptop mate, then you can sit and play it in the evenings on the couch while she hogs the tv. works for me, although I ain't married yet that part is coming in 10 months lol

yeah laptop seems ok.

i can tell her that i am working but play fm.

when on a laptop people get the impresiion that whatever you do is mostly work related. :)

Yesterday I went into a game shop and tried to be cheeky and get FM09 early, the shop owner told me Friday. So later on I drove there with my Wife (first wedding aniversary yesterday too) and asked her to go in and say she wanted the game for her little Brother who's Birthday is on Friday (she dosnt have a Brother) and he agreed she could pick it up on Thursday Evening. Lol.

Not sure if it had anything to do with her being blonde and very charming ;)

Been together 8 years, she knows Football is apart of my life - like breathing

this is a curse for man and a gift for woman

to be able to get whatever they want in their way.

after 8 years i am glad you are doing fine and playing FM while married.

i envy you.

How do you handle it?

P.S. I am serious.

Don't worry. Just tell her that you love her more than football manager, even if that is not true. You will be telling a white lie that will save you from troubles! Simply use the right tactic at the right time!

The wife got me into football in the first place and is way more passionate about our team than I am.

I'm having three different FM09 games, one on my own, one online with friends and another one with her. She's not much of a gamer, so at most she'll do 4-4-2 and pick the best team available, but still it's nice to play together :)

well at least my gf supports the same football team i do.. so thats good.

otherwise it would suck to see her play FM with me and choose my rival team and actually beat me.

a reason for break up?

hell yeah :)

I have a 1 month old baby in are life now so as you can imagine FM09 is gonna be very tough to play at home and I also have an xbox, but lucky for me I can play it in work on my 3 night shift. :)

playing this game at work seems the best option :)

I'm extremely lucky to have a gf who is very low maintenance and recognises my need for my own space and my own time for my own hobbies etc. in fact more so than some of my "friends" believe it or not (!!!)

So I can't relate with you on the gf/wife situation, but with other more clingy and needy people in my life, I've been upfront and honest, told them I need a week off from them, and then I've been firm and unwavering in that.

However I've pulled a little trick in that I've decided to dedicate next week not just to FM but to quitting smoking as well (since I don't have to be up 9am every morning so I can deal with the inevitable bouts of insomnia easier) - so I've just been like "Well if you bug me this week I'll probably be a right moody git and bite your head off, not my fault it's the nicotine withdrawal." :D

i had an argument with my gf the other night on the phone cos as a joke she wanted me to say that i love her more than football, but i couldnt/didnt want to say it and so she gets all depressed an what not.. theyll never understand. im staying over at a friends that i havent seen in a while on friday just so we can play fm all day and night without hassle

playing this game at work seems the best option :)

I tried... but even after all these years and thinking I would be more grown up by now, I said that I will play until 10am, then get work done... managed to leave work at 5:30 because I didn't want to stop the game!

took the disc home, for self protection, a few days later I took it back to work again ;)

Fortunately the work notebook can't even remotely keep up with my PC at home, so it is all too slow and not as appealing.

But installing FM at work can be a disaster in the long run!!

that is also true.

my work is in my computer. i am a currency trader and follow the entire world's economy every single minute (i am sick today and not working thats why i am so free)

anyway i doubt i can find time too but see what will happen.

By the way i love this game SO MUCH that i even dont want to play with a friend when the game launches. I want it to be just me,

Pizza Hut

Burger King

Cola

French Fries

a PC

electricity and a copy of FM...

i want to be disconnected from life for these 1-2 days. than everything back to normal...

i am thinking of an excuse for that. because she will nag me if we dont meet on the weekend.

This might seem far fetch to some people I actually leave my PC in work :D like I said I have no time for it at home at the moment so its best left in work. I use the internet connection and that, so its not all that bad :thup: makes my night shift go pretty fast playing FM :cool:

Stay single mate, i have been with my old cow for 8 year although to be fair she doesn't nag me for playing FM that much.

Still she knows never to say "it's either me or FM" because she already knows the answer :D

there should be more tv shows for females to be stucked watching tv while we guys play FM

there must be a drama movie every night and let the girls cry and feel emotional while in the other room we would be going crazy over FM..

i remember about 10 years ago when i was 15 years old i had won the Champions league with galatasaray and i was screaming all over the house at 3 A.M. waking my parents up...

surely those days are gone.

i love you FM.

A true football fan must love this game. U might debate on loving fifa or pes but u can never debate on Football Manager.

I have been happily married for 18 months now and I too spend a fair amount of time on my PS3 and FM.

Lying to her? No way man, that is not right!

Simply spend time with her when she needs it and giver her her freedom too and she will appreciate you being on FM/PS3.

Admittedly I spend less time now on PS3/FM but then I have married my love so you don't really mind.

I usually stay up later than her and play when she goes to bed.

How do you handle it?

P.S. I am serious.

You still make me smile :D

I am lucky enough to have a gf who is into football and working for a club even. So she doesn't mind me being interested in FM, yet she would object if I spent entire weekends just playing on my PC (as I'm supposed to go to the home matches ;)).

My guess is that eventually if your girlie is the right one to marry you will enjoy being with her as much as playing FM and not mind reducing the time you spend on FM a bit. :)

I have been happily married for 18 months now and I too spend a fair amount of time on my PS3 and FM.

Lying to her? No way man, that is not right!

Simply spend time with her when she needs it and giver her her freedom too and she will appreciate you being on FM/PS3.

Admittedly I spend less time now on PS3/FM but then I have married my love so you don't really mind.

I usually stay up later than her and play when she goes to bed.

does she ever play ps3 with you bro?

if so which games?

does she make fun of you while u play fm?

just wondering.

You still make me smile :D

I am lucky enough to have a gf who is into football and working for a club even. So she doesn't mind me being interested in FM, yet she would object if I spent entire weekends just playing on my PC (as I'm supposed to go to the home matches ;)).

My guess is that eventually if your girlie is the right one to marry you will enjoy being with her as much as playing FM and not mind reducing the time you spend on FM a bit. :)

true.. after marriage my computer gaming life will reduce and i will envy college students in a way...

its good to be married. dont get me wrong. i love her and everything, but i do love gaming too.

i am getting in depression so bad about this situation.

How do you handle it?

P.S. I am serious.

I gues i'm a lucky one, my better half likes my marathon fm sessions, it means she gets the living room to herself. In fact I prob play it more now than I did before she moved in! But like I said maybe i'm one of the lucky few! :D

oh and it did help goin halves on a laptop just for her! ;)

true.. after marriage my computer gaming life will reduce and i will envy college students in a way...

its good to be married. dont get me wrong. i love her and everything, but i do love gaming too.

i am getting in depression so bad about this situation.

I'm still not sure if you're kidding or not!

FM is a great game, but it's just a game at the end of the day.

i am also getting married at the end of next year. i have lived with my fiancee for 3 years now and she accepts my FM time. I use playing FM as a way of relaxing after a hard day at work or over the weekend.

the key is to ensure that there is a balance to it. as long as you do things with her too, and let her to do things that she likes then should be fine. Our computer is in the bedroom so when she's in bed watching her programmes i'm still with her. part of my attention is on FM but we still chat about things.

As long as you don't sit there all weekend playing it and ignoring her you should be fine!!

does she ever play ps3 with you bro?

if so which games?

does she make fun of you while u play fm?

just wondering.

She watches me play the PS3 and then she pitches in on Buzz and Singstar.

When I'm playing FM she get the TV so she sits there all happy and I'm next to her on the laptop with FM.

She even asks from time to time how am i getting on.

18 months ago she knew nothing about football now she knows all the leagues and cups!

I gues i'm a lucky one, my better half likes my marathon fm sessions, it means she gets the living room to herself. In fact I prob play it more now than I did before she moved in! But like I said maybe i'm one of the lucky few! :D

oh and it did help goin halves on a laptop just for her! ;)

you are one of the lucky few mate..

:)

my gf puts up with my playing computer games and FM because she loves me but i know she would prefer i would be with her instead of that..

I have been married for a year next week and the key is a bit of give and take. For instance in our house between 7 & 9pm Monday & Friday its a soap fest for the wife with Hollyoaks, Corrie, EastEnders & Corrie again, so while she watches that rubbish I play FM (Saddo dots on a screen as the wife calls it) or I play my PS3. We have just had a little girl too so its even tougher for me but a good thing to do is be romantic well make her think you have been romantic, run her bath and tell her to go and have a long hot soak, as soon as the door shuts whip open the laptop. Try and get her involved in your Console games too, I turned my wife into a Hardcore Lego Star Wars fan and we sit down some nights and do a couple of levels together co-op. Now shes trying to practice on the new WWE game to kick my ass at that. But seriously no matter what anyone says when you get married or live together your times on other activities will be more than halved, I thought I would miss gaming more, but when your on the seatee together watching TV with a glass of Wine it makes perfect sense why it more than halves and trust me you will appreciate and fall in love with Games especially FM again when your time is limited.

I thought I would miss gaming more, but when your on the seatee together watching TV with a glass of Wine it makes perfect sense why it more than halves and trust me you will appreciate and fall in love with Games especially FM again when your time is limited.

My sentiments EXACTLY!

I have been married for a year next week and the key is a bit of give and take. For instance in our house between 7 & 9pm Monday & Friday its a soap fest for the wife with Hollyoaks, Corrie, EastEnders & Corrie again, so while she watches that rubbish I play FM (Saddo dots on a screen as the wife calls it) or I play my PS3. We have just had a little girl too so its even tougher for me but a good thing to do is be romantic well make her think you have been romantic, run her bath and tell her to go and have a long hot soak, as soon as the door shuts whip open the laptop. Try and get her involved in your Console games too, I turned my wife into a Hardcore Lego Star Wars fan and we sit down some nights and do a couple of levels together co-op. Now shes trying to practice on the new WWE game to kick my ass at that. But seriously no matter what anyone says when you get married or live together your times on other activities will be more than halved, I thought I would miss gaming more, but when your on the seatee together watching TV with a glass of Wine it makes perfect sense why it more than halves and trust me you will appreciate and fall in love with Games especially FM again when your time is limited.

i think it is all good that after marriage both parties take time for their personal preferences... maybe before getting married it is harder but once u are married the wife can watch the crap in the (it really is crap by the way unless it is stargate or doctor who) while i play ps3 or football manager.

Why should being married change who you are and what you do?

I'm sure she has other hobbies and interests. If she likes shopping, who are you to tell her that she has to pay more attention to you and not go out anymore?

If you're marriage is to stay healthy, you'll need to do stuff seperately, as well as together. Have your PC/PS3 in a different room to where she spends most of her time, so if she is watching TV you can go off and have a quick play

If you are serious, then just agree that, within reason, you both get some time to do your own stuff.

Or just go on Jeremy Kyle and he'll sort it!

How do you handle it?

P.S. I am serious.

It's when yo have a child where you will suffer mate ;-)

I still find time to play, it's just about finding the right balance with FM/xbox and family - but of course you must put family first right...?

I'd say it's "easier" to play while married than when you just have a GF. When you are married you are together 24/7. When you have a GF and she comes over a saturday afternoon you are gonna give her attention, not FM. When you are married you don't need to give her full atention saturday afternoon, she get's full atention almost every time, therefore saturday afternoon = FM time

I play on FM more than my b/f because he works during the day and our 6 y/o daughter is at school too so it's what i do for a good 2/3 hours of my day lol

when the b/f is home from work he's free to play on FM after we've done the usual family stuff so he gets about 2 hours of playing FM in the evening

Archived