Where is the download file of FM09

The game was supposed to be available today to download via steam. I can't see it. Anyone knows if this is still the case?

Far as I'm aware, STEAM has always been the same. Midnight/Early Friday morning. Haven't heard it being released earlier than that?

According to Footballmanager.net the Steam pre-load of the game commences 48hrs before the retail release (which I assume is 9am UK time) .... so any minute now if they are true to their word

yes this is what i was saying. because people will download the game as soon as it is released the servers would be horrible. therefor steam had said 2 days earlier u can download the game and it will just sit there but you would not be able to activate it until the 14th.

so i am waiting for that file. i just want to download it today and activate it on the 14th.

I have just checked my Steam account, FM09 is not available to install despite the promise :thdn:

yeah it ****es me off.

otherwise we will have to probably download it with 20kb/s when it is released on the 14th.

so please let the game to be available to download now...

Yeah, we should be able to download now, SI or Steam have messed this whole thing up. We have gotten very little info about all of this but they did say 48hrs before authentication. So where is it?

I better have it downloaded and authenticated at or not long after 9am GMT on the 14th or I'll be spamming this place with abusive threads and posts.

Matt from Sega was going to make an announcement 2 days ago, where the hell has he gone?

... or I'll be spamming this place with abusive threads and posts.

No need for that HonkyDick

The pre-load was the key reason why I purchased via Steam as it gives time to download and allows to play when the retail version is released. So if I can't download until the 14th I might as well have ordered or bought the game in the same way I have done for over 10 years.

Yeah, we should be able to download now, SI or Steam have messed this whole thing up. We have gotten very little info about all of this but they did say 48hrs before authentication. So where is it?

I better have it downloaded and authenticated at or not long after 9am GMT on the 14th or I'll be spamming this place with abusive threads and posts.

Matt from Sega was going to make an announcement 2 days ago, where the hell has he gone?

yeah something is messed up for sure.

if things dont go to as planned than it is messed up

i am sure we will be having a mediocre patch too just to calm us down.

last 2 years the FM games were all very buggy (almost unplayable) but the game turned out to be EXCELLENT with the 2nd patch, not the first one. And these were almost 1-2 months after the releases of the game.

I hope this wont be the case this year.

No offense SI games. I still love you with all my heart.

I own a PS3 and bought mirror's edge, resistance 2 and dead space but the only game i iwill play from now on is Football manager 2009 :) (that is if it is not buggy)

The pre-load was the key reason why I purchased via Steam as it gives time to download and allows to play when the retail version is released. So if I can't download until the 14th I might as well have ordered or bought the game in the same way I have done for over 10 years.

Same here. Not that I want to go on about it or blame SI but they did advertise the pre-load as pretty much the key reason to buy from Steam.

Anyone from SI/Sega at all able to help? (I bet they can't wait for this to be over!)

Seconded. We paid good money for this (more money then normal considering the dollar exchange and the credit card fees involved) and SI is not acknowledging that people from all different regions are getting mixed reports when they can pre download it. Its seriously ridiculous and we need this straightened up ASAP.

Even if the game is released midnight tonight i would still be ok.

my biggest problem is the patch though. even if i can activate it in the second that the game is released, i would still wait for the patch if it is not ready for the release.

A retail first version FM game is never good without a patch.

There is a need for it, I have only gone through Steam because of their promises and I want to play at 9am GMT on the 14th, as promised.

We were told it would download 48 hours before release, it's hasn't started yet and the countdown thing has 15 hours on it, wtf? It better not be the countdown to when we can download and it can't be the countdown to authentication. It doesn't add up what's going on with it?

The game is never in Australia on UK release day yet for some reason it is this year, we normally have to wait a week or 2. They could've mentioned that it was shipping earlier than normal and I would've just picked up a box today or tomorrow.

These are some of the reasons as to why I have used Steam, only to be let down so far. They've made promises that they haven't kept, or can't keep.

FFS stop the overreaction.

Steam could handle preloading of HL2 and all the episodes it can easily handle FM09. This is the graph showing the download bandwidth available (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/).

If you have a 10mb connection you will get the game files in under 30 mins IMO and defo under 1 hour downloading so relax take a chill pill and just wait till they activate the content

I agree with your point that the Steam system is built to cope with high bandwidth, but you are missing the point that we were promised the opportunity to download 48hrs before retail release and as we are not able to start the pre-load as advertised then an element of trust between the purchaser and Steam / Sega is lost.

Anyway... I have just received a message from Matt @ Sega confirming that this issue is being investigated.

Steam could handle preloading of HL2 and all the episodes it can easily handle FM09. This is the graph showing the download bandwidth available (http://store.steampowered.com/stats/content/).

If you have a 10mb connection you will get the game files in under 30 mins IMO and defo under 1 hour downloading so relax take a chill pill and just wait till they activate the content

I know Steam can handle it but I only used Steam to make sure I got the game on the UK release date, even paid extra money for the thing because of Steams dodgy pricing. Now it seems I could of picked up the game here in Australia today, so no point in using Steam at all.

Then they said it would preload 48 hours before authentication, which has proven to be wrong.

Actually when the demo came out I was at 490kb/s back to 45kb/s

So yeah... lots of people. But then again most people have probably ordered through someone else other than Steam.

this is the problem.

when will the game be ready to be played

lets say 14th at 9 AM GMT

i dont want to start downloading it at that time

i want to play it at that time.

I waited months and NO i cant wait more hours.

after sometime even 1 hour seems like an eternity.

therefor i want to download the game today and just activate it later.

this is the problem.

when will the game be ready to be played

lets say 14th at 9 AM GMT

i dont want to start downloading it at that time

i want to play it at that time.

I waited months and NO i cant wait more hours.

after sometime even 1 hour seems like an eternity.

therefor i want to download the game today and just activate it later.

So you want to download it leave it sitting on your PC doing nothing and wait to activate it ?

Id post what I really thought of you but that would proably be enough to get me banned for a week :D Lets just say that you really need to get your priorities right in your life....

To be honest, for us Aussies - we can unlock the game sometime in the afternoon on Friday. For me, atleast, I get off-peak bandwidth. I'd like to download FM then and go to sleep; saves me some money and will let me play as soon as I can - have other things to keep me occupied, but at the moment I kind of only purchased FM09 through Steam because of the early unlock and it seemed like an easy way to do things. Instead, they charged me straight away and I paid $93 AUD for a game that I could get for about $70. Or something.

Anyways.

To be honest, for us Aussies - we can unlock the game sometime in the afternoon on Friday. For me, atleast, I get off-peak bandwidth. I'd like to download FM then and go to sleep; saves me some money and will let me play as soon as I can - have other things to keep me occupied, but at the moment I kind of only purchased FM09 through Steam because of the early unlock and it seemed like an easy way to do things. Instead, they charged me straight away and I paid $93 AUD for a game that I could get for about $70. Or something.

Anyways.

Im in EXACTLY the same situation as you. It says 15 hours to be unlocked so tommorow about 1pm we can download it then fri arvo our time it can be activatd and hopefully patch is out then we are all sweet.

So you want to download it leave it sitting on your PC doing nothing and wait to activate it ?

Id post what I really thought of you but that would proably be enough to get me banned for a week :D Lets just say that you really need to get your priorities right in your life....

if you read the forum and this post

u will see many people bought of from steam because of downloading it early.

i would also tell you how i feel but than you would be obligated to leave planet earth.

Go complain on the steam forums then - why is everyone complaining about steam on these forums? The game is AVAILABLE VIA STEAM - as the boxed version is available via shops.

everyone is complaing about steam

because

THEY DID NOT KEEP THEIR PROMISE...

and since steam and FM had a partnership in this year's release, i can write my thoughts here too.

I think it's more a case of Steam offering everything on American PST

To them they're upholding their end of the agreement, I suppose. I'm just frustrated because I wish there was some indication in the purchasing process.

I don't think I'll ever use Steam again. I had this cool vision of Steam auto-patching my game and maybe running a manager in parallel with me (maybe we could even be friends). But that vision is gone now. And so is more of my money! Hehe.

EDIT: I'm sure it'll all pan out though. I don't care if it's tomorrow, just as long as it's rearing to go come authentication time. That and the bandwidth doesn't get smashed like it did on the demo download. I had to wait like 2 hours for the last 7% of the download - could've gone bald in that time I reckon (I have thick hair).

I think it's more a case of Steam offering everything on American PST

To them they're upholding their end of the agreement, I suppose. I'm just frustrated because I wish there was some indication in the purchasing process.

I don't think I'll ever use Steam again. I had this cool vision of Steam auto-patching my game and maybe running a manager in parallel with me (maybe we could even be friends). But that vision is gone now. And so is more of my money! Hehe.

seconded...

paying more now seems silly. The game was at a higher price at first than the price is lowered however people dont understand this. the price is lowered even if it is still a pre-order game.

I would understand if after the release the price was lower but it is wrong to lower the price while the product is in the pre release stage.

I hope steam makes up for it, and than i would make a thread saying "thanx steam"

Go complain on the steam forums then - why is everyone complaining about steam on these forums? The game is AVAILABLE VIA STEAM - as the boxed version is available via shops.

Have you seen the Steam forum? I don't think Steam even know it exists...

everyone is complaing about steam

because

THEY DID NOT KEEP THEIR PROMISE...

and since steam and FM had a partnership in this year's release, i can write my thoughts here too.

In the same way GAME have a partnership with FM - they sell their products

Have you seen the Steam forum? I don't think Steam even know it exists...

So you decided to clutter these forums instead? If they don't read their own forums they are hardly likely to react to you posting on these forums

So you decided to clutter these forums instead? If they don't read their own forums they are hardly likely to react to you posting on these forums

come on mate..

u are ridicilous

what are the filters in this forum?

to write whatever auto98uk finds suitable?

there is a problem with the release and contribution of the game

and we are sharing with other FM players and see if we missed something out.

why are you defending steam so much anyway?

i am not saying they are the worse thing ever but they are not keeping their promise so far.

This is the FM forum for the game publisher i.e. Sega, we have made them aware of the issue so that they can investigate on our behalf as it is them who instruct Steam.

I see what you did there, very droll.

I have contacted Steam as well, but I thought it might be nice to let SI and Sega know that someone has dropped the ball.

Ta very much for helping me to see the error of my ways.

I see what you did there, very droll.

I have contacted Steam as well, but I thought it might be nice to let SI and Sega know that someone has dropped the ball.

Ta very much for helping me to see the error of my ways.

If there wasn't a stickied thread about steam you may have a point - there is and you don't

If there wasn't a stickied thread about steam you may have a point - there is and you don't

Well that certainly put me in my place.

Remind me exactly what your purpose is in this thread? I'm a little saddened that you don't go the full distance and sign your posts 'disgusted of Tunbridge Wells'.

Can I also point out that I did not open this thread, and if from your glass house you then suggest that by posting in it I am cluttering the forum...

Please do not worry - the Steam pre-load will be happening very shortly. We're just working out a definite time now and ensuring the game is propogated across all of the Steam servers correctly to ensure reliable download speeds (this dictates the time mentioned above). As some of you might recall inconsistencies when downloading the Demo - some people had 1mbit downloads, whilst others were getting 10kbps... We want to even this up.

Worst Case scenario is currently looking around 17:00-18:00 GMT... but could be earlier, could be later... There will be a sticky when announced.

Please do not worry - the Steam pre-load will be happening very shortly. We're just working out a definite time now and ensuring the game is propogated across all of the Steam servers correctly to ensure reliable download speeds. As some of you might recall inconsistencies when downloading the Demo - some people had 1mbit downloads, whilst others were getting 10kbps... We want to even this up.

Thanks for the update :thup:

Please do not worry - the Steam pre-load will be happening very shortly. We're just working out a definite time now and ensuring the game is propogated across all of the Steam servers correctly to ensure reliable download speeds (this dictates the time mentioned above). As some of you might recall inconsistencies when downloading the Demo - some people had 1mbit downloads, whilst others were getting 10kbps... We want to even this up.

Worst Case scenario is currently looking around 17:00-18:00 GMT... but this is not a guarantee!

You might want to update the footballmanager.com site information as is states that we should be able to pre-download it at the moment.

Worst Case scenario is currently looking around 17:00-18:00 GMT... but could be earlier, could be later... There will be a sticky when announced.

thank you...

if we can download and install the game today or tomorrow than buying via steam will make some more sense.

good news.

Thanks Muzchap, this is the sort of update we've been waiting for, or bitching for.:D

quick question...

If anyone knows.

When buying the game from steam, i can download it up to 5 computers.

can i run them at the same time?

if i download the game to a friends computer

would he be able to play with me?

the logical answer is "NO" because than 5 friends would only have to buy 1 copy,

but i was wondering if this is the case with this game or other steam games as well?

No i dont think so as the game is activated to only 1 account not 5.

should not be.

because in ps3, my friends can sign in to my account from their ps3 and just install and download the games i bought from psn and play with those games. They just need to leave my account in their ps3 but they can be using their account. if they delete my account from the ps3, than the games they downloaded from my account gets lost.

maybe its the same with steam.

i wish not.

Archived