Is STEAM the best partner for SI!?

Many people have had issues with STEAM from billing to not being able to download the demo after pre ordering. When contacting SI for help, we get a response saying "Not our area, it's a STEAM thing". When contacting Steam support for help we get no response whatsoever.

I still can't load the demo via steam because I pre-ordered it from there. STEAM just tries to load the full game and gives me a window saying the game is loading and nothing happens. After advertising how easy and fast it is to get the demo via STEAM I now find that it is impossible to get it, just because I pre-ordered it first. They got their money, now they can forget about providing me with the free demo.

I've asked for help earlier from SI regarding this on two different posts, but no-one has answered as of yet.

I've contacted STEAM support via e-mail asking for help, but no-one has answered as of yet.

When I pre-ordered it the price was higher than a few days after. Fair enough, though I was a bit disappointed for paying extra because I ordered it earlier. It should be the other way.

Some poor guy wanted to cancel his pre order and can't do it because STEAM support won't answer his e-mails regarding this. When phoning the STEAM support number he got an automatic response saying: "E-mail us". Again, not good.

STEAM does give excellent bandwidth, easier updates, making game protection issues easier via activations, but lacks any kind of customer support or help. This is not a good thing.

I will get my game eventually , for sure via STEAM, I do not doubt that, but feel frustrated at the lack of response regarding STEAM problems from SI and STEAM.

Maybe some things should be re-thought? On one side we have a company (SI) that prides itself with having excellent customer service(which is true) and on the other side we have a company(STEAM) which takes pride(please ignore the sarcasm) in ignoring their customers totally... I'd take it even as far as saying their lack of enthusiasm for supporting their paying customers is pathetic.

New partners are all good and well, but in this case, I see no reason to huff and puff about the greatness and pride we have in announcing our co-operation with STEAM. There are some issues that need to be dealt with first.

Greatness comes in taking care of your customers (customer support and interaction) and providing the services you promise(free demo download) and what we pay for(pre-orders for the full game). With STEAM it seems we just get what we pay for.

Yeah i have pre ordered via steam and am waiting for it to be unlocked.....Alot of people have had issues with when its going to be released as Steam seems to go on where there person is from and sets it for that region which Sega said they were looking into it last friday but still no word from them.

I’m in Australia and just went on steam to have a look at where it’s all up to with my pre-order, and now for some reason when i search for football manager 2009, it takes me to WWSM which says release date Nov 17th? What’s that all about?

I’m in Australia and just went on steam to have a look at where it’s all up to with my pre-order, and now for some reason when i search for football manager 2009, it takes me to WWSM which says release date Nov 17th? What’s that all about?

got no idea.....This announcement is overdue....

Unless you live in a country where you can't buy a boxed version, I see absolutely no reason to use steam

Firstly it costs £34 inc VAT (double what I've paid for a boxed copy)

Secondly you will probably get it later or the same time than most people who have pre-ordered

Thirdly you have to open steam and keep it running in the background using up your resources every time you want to play FM]

You can't even cancel it once you've ordered

Customer support is slow and disappointing

In answer to the main question:

NO i do not think Steam are the best company for SI to be doing this through. Sure it may boost there sales a little bit, but the frustration shown already on these boards is overwhelming, with only a few people in support (love) with Steam the rest seem 100% angered by it in some way!

• 5 years later...

Archived