Canceled WWSM Ordered FM!!!

Galo

Thats right I did it :)

I had pre-ordered my copy of WWSM off of Amazon.com a long time ago because as far as I knew there was no where or no way to get FM for the same price as WWSM over here in the U.S.

That is until on another thread somebody mentioned GoGamer.com They sell Football Manager for the same price as Amazon sells WWSM. So...since my order on Amazon hasn't shipped yet I was still eligble to cancel the order. So I did! Then I ordered my copy of FM off of GoGamer, and here is the best part:

GoGamer's price is actually a bit cheaper than Amazon, 27 vs 29. So I paid a little extra for priority shipping and the total bill came to 32 as opposed to Amazon's 29. So for a little extra I will have the game sooner and it will be Football Manager and not WWSM!!!

I suggest anybody else with worries about purchasing WWSM who haven't already purchased from Steam(As I hear they don't let you cancel orders) cancel your purchase and re order from GoGamer!

It's not that you can't cancel from Steam but it is rather painful to do so. It's not one click away but rather a step of procedures >.<. I'm waiting on their response to cancel, which is hopefully soon so i can try to pre-order from gogamer. Cause if i can't get it on nov 14 why wait for WWSM when i can get FM in the same amount of time?

It's not that you can't cancel from Steam but it is rather painful to do so. It's not one click away but rather a step of procedures >.<. I'm waiting on their response to cancel, which is hopefully soon so i can try to pre-order from gogamer. Cause if i can't get it on nov 14 why wait for WWSM when i can get FM in the same amount of time?

Exactly what was going through my head as I pressed the CONFIRM ORDER button on GoGamer :) Besides with the priority shipping I will actually receive FM sooner than I would have received WWSM from Amazon.

what would be the purpose of making north American customers buy wwsm when they neither asked for it, or want it.

That's a point. How many people in the US really stop buying the game because it doesn't have the word Soccer in it? To me it seems like a complete waste of time, energy and money producing two copies of the same game. Anyone that is going to buy a stat heavy simulation game is going to look past the title regardless.

That is your answer? A question? American English is one reason why they offer a North American version. I would guess a petty reason like distinguishing Football and Soccer in North America is another. That could confuse people who aren't familiar with the series. SI wouldn't deliberately do something their fan base isn't in favor of. That would be flushing away money.

I've been playing the WWSM version for several years now, and the game is no different.

And I'm sure they have to call it WWSM because some Americans and Canadians aren't smart enough to figure out that a game called Football Manager isn't a game about the Seattle Seahawks or the Calgary Stampeders.

Online it makes little to no sense distinguishing between the two. The game should be released as Football Manager/WWSM - but being the same thing, download released at the same time worldwide, with an option to download any additional languages you want.

Simple. No hassle. You want American English? As simple as ticking a box and it being downloaded. It would save downloads too, as how many people need more than one language? Not many. If our downloads were tailored to our needs it would be quicker to download too.

It just seems that with the US, SI have gone in and made promises they can't keep. They said the game would release the same time worldwide on Steam. Now it isn't, its varying from a day early to two weeks later - that's just unacceptable.

SI/Sega are really not gaining any fans with this. WWSM has had troubles aplenty over the years and I wish I had the extra cash to import a proper copy of FM instead of dealing with this constant ebb and flow of support and promises.

Online it makes little to no sense distinguishing between the two. The game should be released as Football Manager/WWSM - but being the same thing, download released at the same time worldwide, with an option to download any additional languages you want.

Simple. No hassle. You want American English? As simple as ticking a box and it being downloaded. It would save downloads too, as how many people need more than one language? Not many. If our downloads were tailored to our needs it would be quicker to download too.

It just seems that with the US, SI have gone in and made promises they can't keep. They said the game would release the same time worldwide on Steam. Now it isn't, its varying from a day early to two weeks later - that's just unacceptable.

SI/Sega are really not gaining any fans with this. WWSM has had troubles aplenty over the years and I wish I had the extra cash to import a proper copy of FM instead of dealing with this constant ebb and flow of support and promises.

They must hate the Yanks. Maybe Barack Obama can do something that Bush couldn't regarding this travesty? After all, why should the mighty Americans be forced to wait?

*sigh* There's no justice in the world of FM / WWSM.

Sorry, forgot the smiley that means I'm just joking around.

I've been playing the WWSM version for several years now, and the game is no different.

And I'm sure they have to call it WWSM because some Americans and Canadians aren't smart enough to figure out that a game called Football Manager isn't a game about the Seattle Seahawks or the Calgary Stampeders.

despite there being a man on the front cover holding a football (soccerball):)

There are plenty of reasons to purchase FM instead of WWSM for many of us. This includes possible compatability issues with 3rd party graphics, delays in patches, and just an overall feeling that you are the step-child when playing WWSM while 98% of others are playing FM. Plus for many of us we prefer UK English 1000x over American English...just one less hassle and option to change.

As far as releasing WWSM in North America I for one do believe it is a waste of time. The only people who purchase FM are football fanatics. That is particularly the case in the U.S. Over here anybody who is a football fanatic knows the real name of the game and doesn't call it soccer. The only people who insist that it is called soccer are the same people who would never play or watch the game...much less purchase something like FM. So to re-label the game WWSM is an attempt at targeting a market which just isn't there.

There is an untapped market here in the U.S. They are the Football nuts who have never heard of the FM(or the CM of past) series. Those people don't need the word "Soccer" in the title to help them distinguish between the two sports. Si would save themselves much time, money, and headaches by just releasing the same game over here that they do in Europe.

Archived