Turkish superstar

My scout found a regen that he reckons has the potential to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo. I was wary of this because I've been duped into buying players supposed to have the potential to be as good as player x before, plus he was 16 and only valued at £160k, so I succumbed to using FMM to look at his actual potential and was amazed to find a PA of 195. So I raced off to put in a bid for him to discover that because he is a Turkish youth player I'm not allowed to sign him until he turns 18, in two years time. So the dilemma I'm faced with is this - do I agree a deal now (his value has increased to £240k now 3 months later, he's in the Fenerbache first team at 16), given that a lot can happen in two years, such as major injuries, me not being in charge at the same club perhaps, maybe he wouldn't get to play as often for Fenerbache if they know he'll leave eventually etc, or do I leave it a year or so and risk other clubs noticing him and his value sky rocketing? To further complicate things I'm an Italian club and can only sign one non-EU player from abroad per season - Turkey are not in the EU.

As requested:

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mustafamerprofileqh6.png

http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mustafamerscoutreportslw7.png

I suppose this is the kind of thing that makes Wenger mess himself. The new Ronaldo for a few hundred grand? I just hope Fenerbahce don't ruin him before he gets to me...

Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster. Off the point a bit because he's not turkish but is a young brazilan kiddy called Wellington alves da silva in FM09. Only because in the real world he is the dogs. He plays for Flusicnmeme? in brazil but is only 15/16 yeras old. Lightning quick.

Id Definately put him on the wings tbh. Needs more pace, Maybe he'll get a bit as he gets older
seems like a better winger tbh :D

Sure but you should always train a player in an extra position (as long as he has the specific attribues for it to matter), the versatility in your squad can help you win trophies.

Maybe, in a weird way that's not always the case. I've had players play in the accomplished position better than their natural one, and one player I remember being natural as a striker and AMR, and nothing anywhere else, being not particularly good unless I played him in the MR position, which he had no rating for.

positional sense and concentration aint to high, unless its sorted out he wont become a central player

He doesn't need positioning or concentration as he is an attacking player, those are defensive attributes.

Unless by central you mean in the centre rather than important, in which case in CM it's not too much of a biggy if his other attributes are good, he'd still be a great back-up CM as well as playing in his winger role.

he may not turn out to be that good. if im not mistaken, ronaldo cant actually play ML, only AML. Therefore your scout would rate ronaldo as not a great LM, hence the turkish guy having the potential to be better. Also he only gives 4 stars and only says a good signing.

yes he will turn out to be an average winger, reason being is that ronaldo is not as strong on the left as he is right, no where near it actually. You get them comparisons a lot like guiterrez for newcatle can play both sides and gets compared a lot on both sides, his weaker side is often compared to young people and they say he will be better than them. Well ofc they will :p

Archived