Foreign players - eligibility for international call ups

Im just wondering, i am manager of England and also manager of Chelsea, i bought players like Hugo Lloris and Jozy Altidore who have now been in England for the length of time in order to be eligible to gain nationality, they have not been called up to their home nations and i am wanting to call them up to England, yet it does not give me the option, any help to how i can get them to play for England now that the are eligible.

Also Oscar Ustari who is argentinian has now been called up to the Italy squad because he is Eligible.

is their some way that i can get them to apply to be an English citizen??

Any help would be greatly appreciated? ??

You couldn't do Altidore, he's already been capped for the US irl and starts with 2 or 3 caps in-game in 08, Idk in 09.

And I don't think you can get them to apply, they do so by themselves and even then may not want to play for you.

and by that I mean England, not you of course, nothing personal ;)

No offence taken, Altidore has not been capped at full international level, only at u21 level.

so i guess its just a wait and see kinda thing, if they want to be called up they will, if not they wont, i see, i may have to use the editor then and give them a 2nd nationality of English.

No offence taken, Altidore has not been capped at full international level, only at u21 level.

so i guess its just a wait and see kinda thing, if they want to be called up they will, if not they wont, i see, i may have to use the editor then and give them a 2nd nationality of English.

According to Wikipedia Altidore has made 5 senior international appearances for the United States. (I know that wikipedia is not the fountain of knowledge)

Im just wondering, i am manager of England and also manager of Chelsea, i bought players like Hugo Lloris and Jozy Altidore who have now been in England for the length of time in order to be eligible to gain nationality, they have not been called up to their home nations and i am wanting to call them up to England, yet it does not give me the option, any help to how i can get them to play for England now that the are eligible.

Although its not an actual rule the home nations in Britain have an 'arrangement' that they will not select players even though they are eligible unless they have a blood relation. So if you have a player with dual nationality and you want to select him then unless he has a parent or grandparent with the same nationality then your screwed unfortunately. Its because of this 'rule' that Nacho Novo cant play for Scotland even though he says he wants to as soon as he has a passport.

Although its not an actual rule the home nations in Britain have an 'arrangement' that they will not select players even though they are eligible unless they have a blood relation. So if you have a player with dual nationality and you want to select him then unless he has a parent or grandparent with the same nationality then your screwed unfortunately. Its because of this 'rule' that Nacho Novo cant play for Scotland even though he says he wants to as soon as he has a passport.

regarding that "rule" i'd love to hear them explain owen hargreaves, a canadian who spent all his career in germany and never lived in england

Archived