Send to reserves till recovered from injury?

You are mis-understanding, I want to send my player to the reserves till he is match-fit and then he appears back in my first team screen.

You can now make them 'Available' for the reserves. Obvioulsy that means they'll get played in reserve matches while still appearing in your first team. Pretty much does the same thing, but unfortunately for the lazy players out there you're going to have to look at their condition.

No it doesn't =|

I don't want him in my first team, he is injured for 8 months or whatever. I want him in my reserves and then to come back after 8 months.

Read my words that is all, there is nothing between the lines.

In summary seeing as you don't understand

1) OH NO HE IS INJURED

2) INTO RESERVES YOU GO

3) 8 MONTHS LATER, YELLO UNINJURED PLAYER.

It's better now in my opinion. As a manager you can decide before every reserve game which player you want to make available. That's more realistic and adds more flexibility. I like it.

It's better now in my opinion. As a manager you can decide before every reserve game which player you want to make available. That's more realistic and adds more flexibility. I like it.

I think it only bothers the lazy players who want to rush through a season in an hour with minimal effort

Don't you have the option to chose which players available for the reserves before each reserve game anyway or am I misunderstanding something? If I'm not, then the feature would be redundant.

Not if you're playing in the italian leagues.. no reserve games.. so the make available for reserves is redundant, while the useful 'send to under 20s till match fit' is gone! bugger...

I quite like the new way. Seems a lot more realistic. Look at Gery Neville's comback from injury? If it was the same IRL as FM08, he'd still be in the reserves looking to come back to full fitness. True he played a few games for Solskjaer, but match fitness for the bigger players, is in the 1st team environment.

Can't say for definate, but I don't remember Ronaldo playing many games for the reserves on his way back to fitness.

Each to their own I spose, but the way I view the squad screen, I wouldn't have been able to view players in the reserve team unless I selected to view it that way, which I didn't like. So I wouldn't have picked them and waited until they were back to peak fitness. Now they are constantly in my view, I can still let them play for the reserves, but I can stick them on for the last 20 minutes of a cup game if need be.

I much, much prefer the new system. It means my bench players can stay fit with the odd reserve appearance, without having to shift them between squads and have no idea when they are playing. It also makes squad management easier as the reserves only contain transfer listed and young players.

I hated the old system (though it was better than nothing at all).

I think it only bothers the lazy players who want to rush through a season in an hour with minimal effort

Even though I don't have a massive problem with losing this feature, I think it's a bit unfair to label players as 'lazy' because they don't want to spend time on unnecessary tasks.

Irl you will indeed re-assess a player's fitness on the training ground every day and make according decisions. Yet in the game we can't have that and the 'lacking match fitness' status just tells us he isn't fully ready yet. So I liked the easy option to let him play in the reserevs just until he is match fit. It's fairly the equivalent of rl day to day decisions, just turned into an automatic which I liked as it was comfortable.

So add me to the unhappy people list. (of course no showstopper though)

• 2 months later...

Holy Thread Resurection!

I wouldnt have thought this will be included in the 9.0.3 update but you never know. Fwiw I prefer the new system as its easier to monitor the progress of a player with out having to go into the reserve squad to see where he is upto. Plus he can get a few games under his belt while being there to be picked for first team if needed!

Archived