Player Comebacks after Injury

In my game I had Elliott as my striker. At the time he had scored 10 goals in 12 appearences and was averaging 8-9 every game. He sustained a long term injury, 3-4 months... I really struggled to win for those few months and was eager for him to return. Once he returned I put him back into my first team, but due to not being match fit I only ran him for 40-60 minutes before replacing. I played him 7 times as striker and he averaged 5-6 each game and didnt score in any of them. His morale is rock bottom even though I have encouraged him and pampered him. I finally got angry after a really woefull performance, plus I was sick of carrying him. I decided to give him one last chance and part way through the first half he broke his jaw...gone for another few months. His performance for that game was 6.

Can I get him back to what he was?? Does an injury affect a players stats?? How do you help a injured player regain his previous form?? Or should I sell?? When he was out injured I bought 2 new strikers that havent performed like he did. I would like to keep him or am I wasting my time??

Cheers

In my game I had Elliott as my striker. At the time he had scored 10 goals in 12 appearences and was averaging 8-9 every game. He sustained a long term injury, 3-4 months... I really struggled to win for those few months and was eager for him to return. Once he returned I put him back into my first team, but due to not being match fit I only ran him for 40-60 minutes before replacing. I played him 7 times as striker and he averaged 5-6 each game and didnt score in any of them. His morale is rock bottom even though I have encouraged him and pampered him. I finally got angry after a really woefull performance, plus I was sick of carrying him. I decided to give him one last chance and part way through the first half he broke his jaw...gone for another few months. His performance for that game was 6.

Can I get him back to what he was?? Does an injury affect a players stats?? How do you help a injured player regain his previous form?? Or should I sell?? When he was out injured I bought 2 new strikers that havent performed like he did. I would like to keep him or am I wasting my time??

Cheers

Get a physio report, to check if he's injury prone, also ask your coaches for their opinion to see how he fits in with the squad or compares to your new strikers.

It may depend on his age also. If he's "getting on a bit", then his stats will drop regardless. If he's young, he may have reached his potential ability and peaked already.

Anyone who has a long term injury for me, usually gets a run in the reserves if possible, so they can get some much needed match fitness before returning to the first team. Once they're fully match fit, then I get them back in action properly.

Consider also if you've made any tactical changes for the new strikers since your man has been out. There could be instructions you've changed for the new guys that don't suit him.

Cheers Heath..

No I didnt make any tactical changes. Maybe I rushed him back into the first team too early. I should have put him in reserves to get match fit & some confidence. Its just I needed him so bad, he was my most potent weapon and was easily getting us the wins. If & when he comes back I will run him in reserves, if he cant perform there then I will sell him.

When he returns from this injury i would suggest

that you introduce or 'make available' for the reserve team matches. This will improve his fitness

and also means that you don't have to worry about having a front man that is guaranteed a low rating!

Normally when a player gets injured i send him to the reserves until match fit, only really works with a big squad though.

One time i completely forgot about Dos santos until he returned to my 1st team squad after 6 months out icon_biggrin.gif

Just drop him to the reserves and leave him there till he starts scoring. If you have plenty of reserve friendlies then he'll be bound to score a few. As soon as hes scored a few, his morale should be v.g/superb and he should be match fit. Then if you bring him into the team he should perform better icon14.gif

Last night Elliot returned from his 2nd long term injury. Moral was poor, fitness bad. Before the injury he hadnt scored for 7 games. So once he got the all clear I left him in the reserve's for 3 games. He got mom in (9-10-10)each one, scoring 3-4 goals a game, he was match fit and his moral was suberb. So, I dropped one of my ST who wasnt scoring back to reserves and replaced him with Elliot. 4 games later, Elliot has averaged 7-8 per game but still hasnt scored. I dont think its him...none of my ST's are scoring, plenty of opportunities but no quality. Tactics...

Cheers for your ideas, will do this with others.

Archived