How to play LLM in FHM?

marcusjm, stop insulting regulars and start calling it FMH rather that FHM.

Insult? I asked a perfectly valid question yet recieve utter nonsense as a response even though I clearly stated that if you have no idea about LLM then please don't respond at all. If we can dispense with such nonsense I will be happy.

Maybe I should have written "LLM:ish" or something to be really safe from responses like that but I expect somwhat high standars on these boards.

And thanks leedsforever, I might at that.

To me Football Management has always been about the struggling with lower league teams and taking them to the top. This is how I have played since the very first Football Manager (that would be the first ever for ZX Spectrum).

LLM Rules

* Player Naming or Tipping - Including all FM, CM from 01/02 onwards, and Real Life Players. (Staff and Ex-Player names may be deleted at the Mods' discretion)

* Tactics naming

* Use of Editors and 3rd Party Updates

* Bragging

none of these can be done!

If you know all about it, why are you asking us for "the rules"? Use the normal LLM rules or make up your own.

This was the question.

"Given the limitations, how do you setup rules for LLM in a FHM game? What are you allowed to do etc. I realise you have to use a special variant of course."

What part of that question was unclear to you? Should I have asked in some other language?

LSD: You are not obliged to reply to all threads, if you don't understand what's being asked then simply focus on questions you understand instead. This was a question directed to those who play like this and I want to know how they adapt those rules to FHM. You are clearly not one of them.

The Almighty Josh:There is an entire subforum dedicated to this here. Try it out you will like it, this is how veterans like to play. You will find that LLM players spend far less time whining about the engine and more time trying to learn how to manage a team. Once you learn how to deal with a lower league team you will find managing big

teams easier.

Here:

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

tbh i have read and understood the rules but i dont see how we can relate these to the psp version. for example the fog of war mode is not avaible as far as i am aware on the psp version. Also the scouts on the game are not good enough to help you build your whole squad and you have to mainly find the players yourselves.

I have no idea what you are on about with rules, but on the PSP there are no so called 'Rules' as you could easily put sugar daddy on and sign Luke Moore for a bsp team ect. Also, it is FMH not FHM, didn't somebody else call it that :rolleyes:

crickle:

Well the scouting is supposed to be better in FMH2009 so that should be fixed. One has to use the limitations and make the best out of it.

Why does anyone want to do this? It's called realism, there are no magical transfer lists in real life, you don't get to manage Liverppol on your first job, you don't get to manage a Conference team either but it will have to do :). I don't care what format the games takes place on, I wan't a realistic approach. Otherwise you could just add stupid features like that FIFA Manager game and call it a manager game.

If I get FMH I will create an ongoing LLM(ish) thread for stories.

i would just like to point out to marcusjm that there is a transfer list in real life it can be found on the pfa website just look for transfer directory, players listed for transfer by there clubs can be found there.

crickle:

Well the scouting is supposed to be better in FMH2009 so that should be fixed. One has to use the limitations and make the best out of it.

Why does anyone want to do this? It's called realism, there are no magical transfer lists in real life, you don't get to manage Liverppol on your first job, you don't get to manage a Conference team either but it will have to do :). I don't care what format the games takes place on, I wan't a realistic approach. Otherwise you could just add stupid features like that FIFA Manager game and call it a manager game.

If I get FMH I will create an ongoing LLM(ish) thread for stories.

i understand where you are coming from wanting this in the game. the reason i like the game the way it is is becuase i like having to find my own players and fell like ive acheived something if i find a hidden gem on the cheap. I know that this is not the most realistic way of playing the game but i suppose you just get used to the way you play the manager games wheras you way is completly different to mine.

tbh i have read and understood the rules but i dont see how we can relate these to the psp version. for example the fog of war mode is not avaible as far as i am aware on the psp version. Also the scouts on the game are not good enough to help you build your whole squad and you have to mainly find the players yourselves.

it is available

This was the question.

"Given the limitations, how do you setup rules for LLM in a FHM game? What are you allowed to do etc. I realise you have to use a special variant of course."

What part of that question was unclear to you? Should I have asked in some other language?

None of it was unclear to me. Please stop being so rude and sarcastic. What I and everyone else is trying to explain to you is that you are the one who's really into LLM - not us. There is no established system for applying LLM to FMH. Please find your own system. I hope THAT was clear to YOU!

Given the limitations, how do you setup rules for LLM in a FHM game? What are you allowed to do etc. I realise you have to use a special variant of course.

Just curious to hear from those who played earlier versions.

PC FM LLM rules have no real place in FMH in my opinion. SI Games have said the handheld game is for light, casual play. Playing by LLM rules is hardcore play. Even if you tried to have an LLM thread in the FMH forum, no-one would follow it.

None of it was unclear to me. Please stop being so rude and sarcastic. What I and everyone else is trying to explain to you is that you are the one who's really into LLM - not us. There is no established system for applying LLM to FMH. Please find your own system. I hope THAT was clear to YOU!

You need to clarify it for yourself, the message was, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't.

You are no spokesperson here, you speak for yourself an no one else. So you are obviously the rude one, no one invited you to this thread yet you barged in and made all kinds of allegations. That is rudeness.

SI is into making money and if they can find ways to increase their customer base then they will. FM didn't become the biggest manager game by appealing to morons only. We have FIFA Manager for that customer base.

I am buying FM09 as soon as it is available but I expect to play realistic management on my PSP as well, if not now then the next version or some other version. We wouldn't want to see Championship Manager overtake the crown of management games ;).

Vane:It is your opinion, no one forces you to play a realistic game. No one was ever forced to play with LLM rules in any of the FM games, most who want to take management to the next level will sooner or later. Those who prefer to improve their skills rather than whine over Chelsea/Liverpool/ManUtd not performing according to expectations.

Btw. The LLM subforum is one of the top 5 largest sub forums here. So calling this "unwanted" is simply BS.

why do you insist on having a go at nearly everybody who posts in here if they dont type what you want to hear?

you only seem to want to hear people say how fantastic it would be etc. everybody is allowed to give their own opinions on this that is why it is a forum!

You need to clarify it for yourself, the message was, if you have nothing constructive to say then don't.

You are no spokesperson here, you speak for yourself an no one else. So you are obviously the rude one, no one invited you to this thread yet you barged in and made all kinds of allegations. That is rudeness.

SI is into making money and if they can find ways to increase their customer base then they will. FM didn't become the biggest manager game by appealing to morons only. We have FIFA Manager for that customer base.

1) I did have something constructive to say.

2) I didn't barge in here. I'm a member of this fantastic board and as such I'm allowed to post in whichever thread I like. You do not dictate when and where I'm allowed to post. When you asked a question on here, you invited every member to respond.

3) Not sure why you're saying about the game not appealing to morons only as it has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Are you saying people who don't play it the way you are are all morons? Nice.

4) I have tried to explain why no-one here can really fully answer your question and that the answer lies within you.

5) I won't post back in this thread as you just seemed to make it to argue with people when they weren't able to give you the answer to your really strange question. I hope you enjoy this awesome game and this board as there are some great people that post on here.

Vane:It is your opinion, no one forces you to play a realistic game. No one was ever forced to play with LLM rules in any of the FM games, most who want to take management to the next level will sooner or later. Those who prefer to improve their skills rather than whine over Chelsea/Liverpool/Man Utd not performing according to expectations.

Btw. The LLM subforum is one of the top 5 largest sub forums here. So calling this "unwanted" is simply BS.

Yep it is my opinion but it's a sound one based on fact. Marc Vaughan has posted on here a number of times about making the FMH game a quick play, casual game. If that's how the game's developer sees it, it's hard to see how something as hardcore as LLM would fit in. But by all means go ahead and create your LLM thread but as you've upset many of those who would be most likely to give it a go (i.e. forum regulars) then it will be a very quiet thread indeed.

The main reason people buy fmh is that it is a pick up and play game and you can get through a season in about a day. Also i think people like searching for their own players and trying to find that undiscovered wonderkid or a great regen as it feels like an acheivement.

1) I did have something constructive to say.

2) I didn't barge in here. I'm a member of this fantastic board and as such I'm allowed to post in whichever thread I like. You do not dictate when and where I'm allowed to post. When you asked a question on here, you invited every member to respond.

3) Not sure why you're saying about the game not appealing to morons only as it has nothing to do with what we were talking about. Are you saying people who don't play it the way you are are all morons? Nice.

4) I have tried to explain why no-one here can really fully answer your question and that the answer lies within you.

5) I won't post back in this thread as you just seemed to make it to argue with people when they weren't able to give you the answer to your really strange question. I hope you enjoy this awesome game and this board as there are some great people that post on here.

So it's a question of lacking in manners then? Ok I understand. You don't give a flying F whether your postings add anything to the subject or not. Ok, now I know your position. Thanks for adding valuable input (not).

Yep it is my opinion but it's a sound one based on fact. Marc Vaughan has posted on here a number of times about making the FMH game a quick play, casual game. If that's how the game's developer sees it, it's hard to see how something as hardcore as LLM would fit in. But by all means go ahead and create your LLM thread but as you've upset many of those who would be most likely to give it a go (i.e. forum regulars) then it will be a very quiet thread indeed.

Do you know that the early managers lacked almost everything todays managers does? Having less features doesn't make it impossible to play realistically, the game is as it is, you choose to play as realistic as you can or not.

Becides, no game is static. All gamves evolve. Now I am here to add my voice to make this game more LLM friendly, then we will see if SI listens or not. Maybe they take note of the fact that LLM is one of the bigger boards here ;).

ridley99:I am having a go at those who doesn't respect the purpose of this thread. Why does some posters feel obliged to post in every f.ing thread? Don't post if you aren't interested in the subject. Very simple, so simple that even a simpleton should understand it.

crickie:And no one is stopped from doing so by some people playing by other rules. Having good scouts would make it work either way.

Archived