Your first task when playing FM 2009??

amer

The patch should be universally the first thing everyone does! I'm then gonna update some of the data, and get my career game on the go!

The most exciting thing of all for me is to see some of the regens come through that have supposedly been fixed.

If I dont see one regen with very good physical stats after the first season has ended, then i'm probably going to cry myself to into a coma.

Infact, I might just holiday a few seasons to see if any come through, then I know if this game is worth playing.

Am I the only one who doesnt see any different between the two skins?

What version of the download do you have? I have the strawberry and it contains the original fm2008 skin and the new one. Perhaps if you have the vanilla demo then you only have the fm2008 skin.

Install, authenticate, download and apply patch hoping it fixes major issues and some of the minor ones. Look for a better skin, add missing graphics.

Look at the squad, list rubbish players. Look at my staff, exterminate (sorry, terminate) rubbish from within. Cancel all friendlies, setup my own tour. Decide on a formation, start looking for appropriate players I can afford and figuring out how to raise the cash for the ones I cannot.

My brother says if you activate through Steam, the patch is downloaded automatically. Is this true?

Using steam you will be receiving a message letting you know that there is a patch available, and whether or not you'd like to download/install it.

whine that I don't have as much time to play FM anymore as I used to until fm07 (and a bit of 08)

therefor I will start a proper game, not sure which club yet, and make the most of it, by watching most of the games, analysing them and adjusting tactics accordingly, compared to finding tactics that will win me everything and just click continue and change players every now and then.

at least that's what I say now... I will probably end up playing all games on full speed and minimal highlights just to get as many games done in a few minutes as possible.

Set up training schedules, install face packs and badges, check on forums to see if the patch solves more problems than it creates, if its a thumbs up then install patch.

where is everyone getting the graphics packs from? always makes a big difference i think having the prem club badges in game

Oooh

Take over as Leeds boss.

Make a big pot of coffee and stock up on snacks!

First think I will do is create a pre-season training schedule and create a pre-season tactic - slow temp, easy tackling etc.

No forward runs in two friendlies.

Create more friendlies to try out my reserves.

Asses back-room staff and scouts and try and improve.

Set scout assignments for young players.

Sort contracts out.

Start off with standard tactic tweaked to specific player attributes.

Try and get Leeds promoted in first season and recruit some good young players.

Archived