Real Madrid Castilla, easiest game start...ever??

just started a trial run of 09 with Real Madrid's B-team "Castilla" i've found that i can loan virtually anyone transfer or loan listed!! do they think they're joining Real??? is it a bug? managed to Loan Kuszczak (turned down loans to Samp and lazio to join me) and Rafael from Man U. Jorge Ribeiro, Binya and Mantorras from Benfica. Iago from Juve. Merida and Lansbury from Arsenal. Adrien from Sporting CP. Helder Barbosa and Candeias from Porto. Pazienza from Napoli. Ekici from Bayern and Ortega from Numancia. fair enough most are youngsters, but i started as another Segunda B team to see if it was just a coincidence and it was easy to loan players, but couldnt get any for them!!

any ideas? a bug, or are Real Madrid Castilla great?

May start as these in a real game, despite the difficulty of the game i'm sure with a similar bunch i can gain promotion. May be able to loan Fabio Aurelio and O'Shea if i act quickly!!

The game probably still reads them as one team, so when they get offers to join Castilla they think they are joining Real Madrid. Not sure though...

Could it be that they share training facilities with Real Madrid, thus having top traning facilities and a top-of-the-line youth academy that means they are attracting these players?

Could it be that they share training facilities with Real Madrid, thus having top traning facilities and a top-of-the-line youth academy that means they are attracting these players?

could be, they dont stadium share tho, play at the Alfredo Di Stefano a 3000 cap!

they are in a Segunda "B" league, so i could get promoted to Segunda A, but no further. could win that tho!!! :thup:

your not supposed to be able to manage them, they are real madrids b team - if you manage real they appear as as your b team . its a bug if you can manage them

your not supposed to be able to manage them, they are real madrids b team - if you manage real they appear as as your b team . its a bug if you can manage them

Not any more. One of the new features is to more correctly model the system of "b" teams in Spain - that is, Castilla is more like a feeder club to Real Madrid, so they are now treated as seperate, meaning you can manage them, Barcelona b if you want etc etc.

Nope, in FM09 Spanish "B" teams are treated more as feeder clubs than reserve sides, and thus are manageable for the first time.

That's not how it is in real life. Is this something that will be fixed?

I take it from your username that you are a Real Madrid fan, therefore I bow to your superior knowledge about how it works.

The thing is, it wasn't quite right last year either - because Castilla acts as an autonomous team doesn't it (in most ways at least).

Granted, it's slightly different with you not being able to move players to and from Castilla -> Real Madrid and vice-versa this season, but you should be able to loan them easily enough.

I would have thought that SI attempt to model things as true to life as possible, and if you think there is something that should be changed, you should probably drop them an email so they can take that into account for future versions.

Players from Castilla can go play for the A team whenever the coach wants to call them up (like two have been called up for the Cup game tonight) if the game regard Castilla as a different club, they will probably only be able to be loaned out during the the transfer periods which is not how it's done in real life.

so if you start th game & someone is in your b team. how are you going to get then into the 1st team "buy them??"

if thats the case then youl be buying your own player & also be makeing money from yourself at the same time... :D smashing.

so if you start th game & someone is in your b team. how are you going to get then into the 1st team "buy them??"

if thats the case then youl be buying your own player & also be makeing money from yourself at the same time... :D smashing.

Taking money out of your account just to have it put back in is a neutral process - even with any addons!

Not sure about the finances though - I think they might well be separate.

This is true; you can only be manager of real and then i think you csn go to options and tick the magae b team option, but even that could only be for reserves

Yep, there are bugs with the B team. And if you notice the C team isn't affiliated to the B team which is yet another bug. These things happen. What I want to know is if you can get Real players to play for Castilla cos in the demo none are sent over as Real's team is so thin (squad wise), probably true in real life.

Yep, there are bugs with the B team. And if you notice the C team isn't affiliated to the B team which is yet another bug. These things happen. What I want to know is if you can get Real players to play for Castilla cos in the demo none are sent over as Real's team is so thin (squad wise), probably true in real life.

? My B team has the C team as affiliate :confused:

this change does seem a bit daft, they arent a seperate team - they cant be promoted and play in the same league as the first choice team. Are Athletico and Sevilla's b teams the same as this? What about Werder II and the german b teams?

Archived