Steam - Pricing?

Hi Guys,

Ive been playing the vanilla demo up until now, but wanted to give the Strawberry demo a try.

Created an account on Stream, searched for Football manager, up popped the demo and the full game (realease date 12/11 according to Steam).

Anyways, I notice the price is $55...will this defo be in New Zealand Dollars??

Im based in NZ, but nowhere does it say that its $55 NZD, could easily be AUD???

Thanks for your help

watch out they add some tax for your country on top of the showing price.

i don't really understand STEAM... they are offering a download service and charging more than it is to buy a physical copy of the game.

On DVD you save £10, can play either on Mac (no authentication!) or Windows and you got a beautifully printed manual.

Why would anyone choose Steam? Same here, I can't understand.

On DVD you save £10, can play either on Mac (no authentication!) or Windows and you got a beautifully printed manual.

Well I only chose Steam because I was sick of sitting here(in Australia) for a week or 2 every year reading about everyone else already playing it. So I went through Steam and paid extra just to play it at the same time as the Europeans.

SI never mentioned that the game was going to ship earlier than usual and we'd be getting it in time for the UK release day, or anything about us having the same release date. :(

I won't be using Steam again either, due to the ridiculous pricing and poor customer service. They even dropped the price a couple of days after I ordered.

Well I only chose Steam because I was sick of sitting here(in Australia) for a week or 2 every year reading about everyone else already playing it. So I went through Steam and paid extra just to play it at the same time as the Europeans.

SI never mentioned that the game was going to ship earlier than usual and we'd be getting it in time for the UK release day, or anything about us having the same release date. :(

I won't be using Steam again either, due to the ridiculous pricing and poor customer service. They even dropped the price a couple of days after I ordered.

I actually don't mind waiting a week or so, the patch will be out, I can get early impressions from people, and learn new things to use or avoid..

Im choosing steam because i have several other major games for it, its the same price as in HMV or GAME, and it auto patches.

Not to mention that with steam all i need to do is remember my password and account name and i will always have access to my games, even if i go to a mates or a LAN party, i dont need to bring anything... i can just download the game from Steam and continue.

watch out they add some tax for your country on top of the showing price.

i don't really understand STEAM... they are offering a download service and charging more than it is to buy a physical copy of the game.

As the games are priced in US Dollars the current weak Sterling to US Dollar exchange rate makes it more expensive at the moment.

Where a game that cost $40 would have been less than £20 a year ago, the current climate means that $40 game is now more than £30.

You will be better buying it in a retail outlet in the UK at this moment in time.

Archived