do you think the demo game is easier or am I a better manager?

do you think the demo game is easier? I would like to think I am doing better in this version of Fm than others due to the 3D view which allows me to make the necessary changes. Of course I am playing arsenal that makes it "easier" but in previous Fm it was never so easy with even the good teams? Had to find a winning tactic to get going then.

So is it easier or have I become better with tactical play?

i always play 3 at the back, this game doesn't like that so much :(

When playing 3 at the back (although i've never tried it - but will on FM09) i think a good idea is having a 3 CB formation with a SW behind. I've played the SW role on a Sat in real life lol it worked well the 1 game we did it in. Probably play quite a high line and have a fast SW. But play the 3 CBs with Man marking and SW with Zonal marking... I think this would work well if implemented correctly.

Also i don't know why i decided to post this here...

On topic: Maybe you are better!

Shala and bemerry, everyone knows that Everton are always overrated :D

Yes, I've always found the demo to be lots easier - must be something to do with the quickstarts having very limited amounts of players, only a few leagues or summat.

maybe they want to intice(sp?) you into buying the real game thinking you are gods gift at managering lol only a thought....

I agree mate. If you was getting beaten every game you'd find it less enjoyable and so less likely to buy.

Could someone from SI confirm this? I found the demo very, very easy and it's interesting to know.

Lads, pick a team from Blue Square North/South, don't use the player search (rely on your scouts instead and don't visit the good players forum), only use tactics you've made all by yourself (without checking the tactics forum), don't even think about using an editor and then come back telling us it's easy.

Lads, pick a team from Blue Square North/South, don't use the player search (rely on your scouts instead and don't visit the good players forum), only use tactics you've made all by yourself (without checking the tactics forum), don't even think about using an editor and then come back telling us it's easy.

Someone isn't even boasting the game is easy, so why are you getting so worked up and dismissive and getting into this LLM elitist mode?

No, the game really is easy, and have always been easy.

This year's demo is particularly easier because AI's team tactics are rubbish. They just pass the ball around in their own half, their players sometimes just stand with the ball without doing anything and their midfielders are always way too far from their strikers.

Someone isn't even boasting the game is easy, so why are you getting so worked up and dismissive and getting into this LLM elitist mode?

You're reading stuff in that post that isn't there. This game isn't easy if you play without artificial means to boost your ability. End of.

And yeah I posted 65 times more than you so stfu n00b ;):D

This year's demo is particularly easier because AI's team tactics are rubbish. They just pass the ball around in their own half, their players sometimes just stand with the ball without doing anything and their midfielders are always way too far from their strikers.

May I suggest that if you want a real challenge then you get a PC which is not compatible & keeps crashing (see bugs forums). This should have just enough frustration built in to keep you really happy, the rest of us meanwhile will enjoy what seems to be a really good game!

May I suggest that if you want a real challenge then you get a PC which is not compatible & keeps crashing (see bugs forums). This should have just enough frustration built in to keep you really happy, the rest of us meanwhile will enjoy what seems to be a really good game!

Oh noes, i criticised FM, plz sir don't lash me, don't lash me.

What i said is true. Sometimes i play a derby match which the AI teams doesn't even shoot at least once, but still have more possesion.

I strongly disagree with both points.

I found 08 extremely difficult, and whilst doing better in 09 I wouldn't call it easy.

I've not experienced the problems with the AIs tactics that you describe above. I've found them to be more than competent.

I find the demo easier than '08 a couple especially in Europe, and one off cup games.

But then I used the demo this time around to mess with tactics as I didnt like the 3d engine, so I have found a tactic that kept me imortal with Man Utd up until the demo ends.

I only drew 2 games and won every other game. Away to Everton and Chelsea.

But before this tactic I found it a struggle for abit as I could not win away from home.

Cut off both your hands and remove your eyes with rusty breadknife. Then its not easy either...

The game has never really been too hard.

The only time I really struggled was when I first started but I never had a football background, I grew up on Rugby League. I didn't know much at all about tactics, but after I read the manual and figured out what each thing did in the tactics I was fine.

Although I did have a slump on 05 or 06, but I went and studied the tactics forum I got clued up about heaps of things, haven't looked back since. I don't go through undefeated or anything like some people claim but I'm usually successful enough.

First time I ever truly laughed after reading a FM forum post.;) Game is running great on my PC thankfully.

I tried the default 5-3-2 attacking tactic and found it was working really well for me with just minor tweaks. Probably all about the players rather than the game being easy. Certainly isn't me being a great manager. I'm with the side who thinks tactics are a bit overly important in the game. I pretty much have no clue what I'm doing. But it's loads of fun.

First time I ever truly laughed after reading a FM forum post.;) Game is running great on my PC thankfully.

Actually, that's not even a little bit funny. I made more of a contructive post, pointing some ME flaws i spotted while playing the demo, and the guy, offended that i didn't say some thing like "OH I LUV U SI!! HAVE SEX WITH ME MILES!!!", all of a sudden became all psycho and acted like a lit ... well nevermind.

I honestly don't believe the vast majority of the people who find the game easy have done so without either: using downloaded tactics, recommended players to buy, editors or saving/reloading.

I find the game pretty easy.

I've never downloaded a tactic.

I've never bought a player on a recommendation (other than my scouts!)

I've never used the editor.

I've never re-loaded.

I can understand the frustration of someone who really wants to do well at the game but constantly struggles, but to accuse the "vast majority" of good players of cheating is just stupid and infantile.

Calling people stupid and infantile, is stupid and infantile.

I should add in to that taking charge of a big club (relative to the league you're playing in)

I'm not saying the game is unbeatable, but easy means you don't need to put much effort in to win and you win comfortably, and sorry, I don't buy that you can sale through that easily.

Taking charge of a smaller club and working your way up is hard, you can't just stick on 4-4-2 and pick your best 11 - which is what I would call easy.

Obviously everyone has their own definition of what easy and hard is, in my opinion it's hard to win.

Calling people stupid and infantile, is stupid and infantile.

I should add in to that taking charge of a big club (relative to the league you're playing in)

I'm not saying the game is unbeatable, but easy means you don't need to put much effort in to win and you win comfortably, and sorry, I don't buy that you can sale through that easily.

Taking charge of a smaller club and working your way up is hard, you can't just stick on 4-4-2 and pick your best 11 - which is what I would call easy.

Obviously everyone has their own definition of what easy and hard is, in my opinion it's hard to win.

Go and read my post again - I didn't say you were stupid and infantile (although you are well on the way to demonstrating that this is indeed the case).

What you're saying in effect is "I find the game hard, therefore everyone must find the game hard too. The vast majority of people who say they don't find the game hard must be cheating."

I happen to disagree with that. No need to start acting the d***head.

Go and read my post again - I didn't say you were stupid and infantile (although you are well on the way to demonstrating that this is indeed the case).

What you're saying in effect is "I find the game hard, therefore everyone must find the game hard too. The vast majority of people who say they don't find the game hard must be cheating."

I happen to disagree with that. No need to start acting the d***head.

You quoted me and something I said and then said people who say that are stupid and infantile.

I'm not basing my opinion on just how I find the game, I talk to a lot of people in real life, on gaming forums and on these forums about how hard/easy they find the game. The majority (not all) of people who post threads where they are winning easily with little effort are people who are in charge of big clubs or are using a combination of the the things I've posted.

I've played loads of online games where people have claimed to find the game easy, only to watch them really struggle when playing a lower league team.

Also for your information, I have had successful saves in every incarnation of the game since CM93. Even in CM 01/02 when I won 40 successful league titles with Huddersfield, I wouldn't class it as easy.

I accept you disagree with that, like I said, it's my opinion, but personal insults aren't required.

... it's my opinion, but personal insults aren't required.

Christ, here we go. It's obviously too much effort for you to scroll up three posts to see what I actually said, so I've gone to the trouble of quoting it for you:

to accuse the "vast majority" of good players of cheating is just stupid and infantile

There are no personal insults there. I merely pointed out that my experience of the game is different to yours and expressed my opinion that your conclusion was stupid and infantile, which it patanetly is. End.

I never downloaded tactics, and never put much effort into making one.

I never looked at any good players forum or anything like that.

Never used the editor to cheat.

And never saved/reloaded.

And i still find the game easy. And don't come with the "lol DOOD manage a loewr league team and u see how hurd fm izz.". It's the same thing, the only difference is that it takes you 10 season to be on top again winning everything, season after season.

And what if i wanted to manage Chelsea or Arsenal without automatically winning everyting, season after season? Fm doesn't have this option.

That's not a personal insult, a personal insult would be something like me saying "you're a dumb c*nt", which of course I would never do.

Yes it is.

You are a

Your opinion is a

It's semantics, but the use of "Your" is still targetting an individual and therefor is personal.

Just like "Your mum is a ****" is a personal insult.

Yes it is.

You are a

Your opinion is a

It's semantics, but the use of "Your" is still targetting an individual and therefor is personal.

Just like "Your mum is a ****" is a personal insult.

You're confusing yourself now. If I said "your mum is c*nt" then yes that would be a personal insult, but it would be a personal insult to your mum, not to you. If I said "you're a c*nt", then that would be a personal insult to you.

I didn't say either of those things, and I know for a fact that's your mum isn't a c*nt.

Edit: Sorry Serpico, your post landed whilst I was composing this one. I better go do some work anyway :)

Archived