How to beat the 4-2-4 in last 10 mins

When they go 4-2-4 you should go 3-2-5 and all out attach. Normally team x will turn defensive again then you can go bac 2 time waste etc. However what normally happens to me is that they will send a long ball which my cb then sends long to my target man and il be 5 against 2 or 3 and will score myself.

This is an unrealistic option as teams irl would 'park the bus' however this is a simulation and the game often turns.

I usually go 4-1-4-1 playing a long ball through the middle to my lone targetman and not using playmakers.

It's amazing how many times I steal a goal or two, even against the "stronger" teams and comfortably win a game that was very tight at the time!

I tend to stick to my 442, but sarrow the centre forwards. 424 in practice becomes 244 with full backs pushing up, so the sarrowed strikers get wide, a centre back goes out and my other striker and attack midfield are left up against a single centre back.

Originally posted by 03bault:

When they go 4-2-4 you should go 3-2-5 and all out attach. Normally team x will turn defensive again then you can go bac 2 time waste etc. However what normally happens to me is that they will send a long ball which my cb then sends long to my target man and il be 5 against 2 or 3 and will score myself.

This is an unrealistic option as teams irl would 'park the bus' however this is a simulation and the game often turns.

I tend to play a strange 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-2-2-1-1 depending on the structure of the opponents midfield, get my midfielders and attacker(s) closing down, drop my fullbacks back and stop them running up the pitch, and play generally slower and shorter passing. It seems to work a treat, I usually nick a goal if I'm only 1 up.

Archived