Network games and football manager license authentication.

omga

I've been wondering if you buy 1 football manager 2009 copy. It gives you 5 "seats". So you can install it on 5 computers. So if I installed football manager 2009 on 2 computers and start a network game and play at the same time with the 2 computers. Is this possible? And if I want to install it on 2 computers do I need to authenticate it 2 times?

I firmly believe that the game would run as you want it to. After the activation there is no further registration every time you load the game. You don't need a disc, nor do you need to be online to play it.

However, the license you will own does not allow you to have two people playing with just one copy of the game. I find this DRM bit very generous and you can be sure that future versions will not have that included anymore if SI and SEGA have to find out that users exploit this and in fact share their copies with friends. :thdn:

The fact I have 2 laptops.

I buy 1 copy of FM09.

I activate it twice after installing it on both laptops.

2 out of 5 seats used.

I load up FM09 one one laptop.

My mate brings a case of beer and fires up the other laptop.

We enjoy a cracking game of FM09.

Seems SI are not stopping that EVEN though technically my mate is "supposed" to buy his own copy of FM09.

Will never happen.

The fact I have 2 laptops.

I buy 1 copy of FM09.

I activate it twice after installing it on both laptops.

2 out of 5 seats used.

I load up FM09 one one laptop.

My mate brings a case of beer and fires up the other laptop.

We enjoy a cracking game of FM09.

Seems SI are not stopping that EVEN though technically my mate is "supposed" to buy his own copy of FM09.

Will never happen.

Like I say, I doubt you culd start a network game with two different computers authorised with the same key

So what's the answer? I got a little bit confused.

So it seems that if you launch the game at the same time with the 2 pc's.

Something prevents you from launching the game at the same time?

SI have never stated this. It is just a suggestion on how it might/should work.

SI have stated that you only authenticate once and then it never contacts the server again. That would imply (I don't know for certain) that two computers are not physically prevented from playing. However, the licence granted to you is solely for you to use on the stated number of PCs that you own. If someone else wishes to play the game, SI have stated that they need to own their own copy - therefore, whether there is any technical limitation or not, you would be breaking the licence agreement.

SI have never stated this. It is just a suggestion on how it might/should work.

SI have stated that you only authenticate once and then it never contacts the server again. That would imply (I don't know for certain) that two computers are not physically prevented from playing. However, the licence granted to you is solely for you to use on the stated number of PCs that you own. If someone else wishes to play the game, SI have stated that they need to own their own copy - therefore, whether there is any technical limitation or not, you would be breaking the licence agreement.

So if I did break the license agreement how would SI know? And if they did know, would I not be able to play the game and get a message on my screen saying that I broke the license agreement and may not play it again or get cops in front of my door? Quite ironic if that would be the case as I don't see cops or something preventing the downloaders from playing.

It cant prevents u for loadind the game,SI wont know if u playing at the same time,in one,two or five computers,the new "activation thing" just prevents u from installing the game to more than 5 PCs!!

BTW:A cracked version of FM2009 (FM2009-reloaded or something like this) already leaked,i dont know if is actually working,just saw it arround

So if I did break the license agreement how would SI know? And if they did know, would I not be able to play the game and get a message on my screen saying that I broke the license agreement and may not play it again or get cops in front of my door? Quite ironic if that would be the case as I don't see cops or something preventing the downloaders from playing.

Not something that I can answer with any certainty. Or indeed would, as I don't want to condone breaking the licence agreement.

Watch your words. You are getting close to advocating piracy and getting yourself banned.

The good chances for pirates to get away with their conduct is a known issue and under investigation. It will not be fixed with the next patch.

Archived