do you remember

Let's not forget that it paid to be Cambridge City in those days, thanks to the two wonder players Ferrah Orosco and Mark Collis. Hilarious that Cambridge should have two £3 million players but not if you started as a team in their division.

and ofc everton back then were somehow winning all the time and you could play with 4 strikers and 3 attacking midfielders and win games by 11-0 everytime :p

Everton were so good back then because the people that made the game were die hard everton fans iirc.

Let's not forget that it paid to be Cambridge City in those days, thanks to the two wonder players Ferrah Orosco and Mark Collis. Hilarious that Cambridge should have two £3 million players but not if you started as a team in their division.

Class I remember those two. Collis was alway amazing but Orosco always 'went abroad' at the end of the season. It was always really hard to tempt foreign players off the list to come and play in the premiership at that point. How things have changed!

I played 39 seasons (my longest game) and won the premiership with 5 different clubs including the mighty Telford United.

I also remember people like Lee Sharpe were in the England squad when you started the game and people like Colin Gibson, Julian J, Neil Lewis, Jimmy Willis and Phil Gee were turning out for my beloved Leicester City.

Now I have the challenge of getting them out of league one! Roll on Friday!!!!

Does anyone remember the amiga, and its quirks! I remember splashing out for a 1mb upgrade! It was a sad day when it finally died! Those were the days of our lives............

Then i got my first PC with a mighty 8mb!

Amiga rules!!!!!!!! I remember to get the 1 MB upgrade to be able to listen to some more sounds in Pirates!.

The fav. managment game was Player Manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this game so much despites it flaws! 3 years ago I tried my hands at Player Manager 2005 or so for Mac. Great looks. Player Manager feeling but bug ridden and it sucked.

In some way (3D) FM 09 reminds me on good ol' Player Manager Amiga days.....

I still play CM 93/94. :D I'm not old, I got it at a school sale in 1998 or 1999. It's more basic structure and the ability to whizz through 3 seasons a day is a nice difference. Buying strikers and goalkeepers is a little more realistic too as there were not goalkeeping or striking attributes.

you can get the original CM from www.abandonia.com. When they got the real players it was a huge step. Although, I remember having to wait for two hours at the end of each season as it did the update. On occasion it would crash, so you had to do the whole thing all over again. I remember playing as Crewe and making top flight superstars, thanks to the various talents of Geoff Horsfield, Darren Rowbottom, Ashley Ward and Dele Adebola (who I was astonished to hear, is still playing). Anyone remember Ricky Otto on the old games. He was amazing! I think he's doing porridge nowadays, still time for you yet Joey!!!

Archived