Email from SI, IMPORTANT

I've got an email from si with a request for testing. i'm sure i'm not te only one

"As you are someone who has been experiencing problems, we would like to invite you to try a specially created beta demo which incorporates the fixes we've made based on our patch code."

Attached to it was a document.

"Before we do this however we will need you to sign an NDA and return it to us"

No problem i'm glad that SI takes the time. only two issues:

1) Which is the email-adress we have to reply to? there are two.

2) Don't have a scanner so i made a photo of the document where i signed it and uploaded it to my pc. it's not entirely visible. I can scan it tomorrow (since today it's 11/11) but offcours i want to do it as quickly as possible. so if anyone knows how to put a signature on a word-file i would appreciate it.

Thanks SI for great service, hopefully you reply to this one also

Why did you not reply directly to the e-mail?

I can't understand why you would post a new thread about this? Surely just respond to the e-mail and explain the situation? No need to think about visiting the forums (where the relevant people are unlikely to see it).

The mind boggles. :confused:

Seconded. People do not panic they always test a beta patch before it is released to the public to make sure it is stable.

Couldn't we have this demo, still a few days until the release, and we could make sure there are no further problems.

Dear God no, I don't think I could cope with the forums being flooded again by the same 6 people starting 16,789 threads about the 'problems' and 'bugs' they are experiencing, or swearing at SI for not solving the data issue concerning a Ryman league third choice centre-back that should have tackling '7' and not '6'. I'll wait until Friday and take my chances. :)

Can't wait to visit the forums at 5 p.m. on the 14th... ;)

almost all the game manufacturers do this, its nothing bad and its nothing that is held secret...many firms gather up a few persons and put them to a game test...and as a part of the mail said, because he was experiencing problems with the demo, he was one of the chosen ones, to say so, cause if the game will work on a computer that has the specs of other, for eg.15 people, than the game will work for those 15 too...and there is nothing broken, no NDA broken, cause if SI hasnt got the NDA signed from the boy, than there is no contract between them...but a big mistake was the posting...sorry boy, it may be a lost, or not...only SI knows...but for sure he got a PM from someone cause he is not posting anymore in here...so i think he got contacted

Why did you not reply directly to the e-mail?

I can't understand why you would post a new thread about this? Surely just respond to the e-mail and explain the situation? No need to think about visiting the forums (where the relevant people are unlikely to see it).

The mind boggles. :confused:

Some people ain't that bright. What to do?

Not ask them to test? :D

Doesn't exactly sound legit does it. Why would they patch a demo with the full game coming out. Is it April 1?

Considering it is meant to be a release day patch, they don't have very long for the beta testing to take place, and I doubt it would be worth the fuss of having public testing with NDAs and the like. Surely they could internally test their fixes, as they know exactly what they are looking for. Would only take one man a day to go through and tick off the boxes.

Let me rephrase. He may have blown the chance of being on the team I guess?

They asked me not to reveal any of the changes in the programs code. i'm not planning on doing that and i haven't done t by opening this thread. i only want to know if there is a way to get my signature on the document, because i know someone who has a scanner but it would take a few days then.

nice !

how can my email get into the "waiting list" of the testing? or is it randomly of the members here?

thx

they saw one of his posts i wuld say about a problem and thats how he was chosen. Why would you want a beta patch anyway?

Archived