FM09 - Adding leagues?

I read in the LLM forum that there's a new feature in FM09 where you can add/take away leagues as you progress through a game. Is this true because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. Because if it is, then this is pretty significant and something I've always wished for!

I'd be surprised if you could add leagues later in the game because it's a pretty fundamental part of the game and I don't think a league could just be activated at any time. What would happen to its history? Would it just have no history for the last however many years since your savegame began or would a whole load of stuff have to be simulated.

I don't see why removing a league should be a problem from a programming standpoint though. Often I get over enthusiastic when starting a game and select a couple of leagues that I end up never looking at, still less thinking of managing in, and I really regret it when my game starts to go really slowly. Being able to just remove those leagues (with a nice big warning message telling you it will be permanent and they can't be reinstated after being removed, etc) would be good. Doubt it is in FM09 though.

Archived