Long term loans

Hi all.

As I understood from the information we received regarding the new game, there will be an option for long term loans.

What I understood from that is we will have an option to loan players for more than a year.

So far, I didn't have an option to loan a player for more than a year.

Anyone else had succes in loaning players for over a year?

• SI Staff

You can't loan a player for longer than a year. This, however, can be set in the database for players who start off the game on these deals (see Aaron at Rangers for example)

Ok, thanks for the answer.

However, I don't see why this was not added into the game as an option. This happens a lot in real life, and if you have an option to do so through the editor, why wouldn't you have the same option in game?

As iamweesel stated, this would be most usefull with the work permits issue in the UK, and it is done a lot with Man Utd and Arsenal with their Belgian feeder clubs.

I was disappointed that there was no addition of loan options. Long term loans are the least of my worries because I can loan them out again bue I thought that would have been very useful i.e. You want their player and you offer to loan him back for a season, or loan them another player.

Thats true. We were promised a total overhaul of the transfer system, but I just can't see it.

There are still so many options to be added. I undertand the people at SI have a priority, but it just doesnt look right.

The match engine, and the tactics, transfers and scouting systems still have so much room for improvement and additions that don't seem that difficult to implant.

None of this yers improvements seems as important as a total overhaul to one of those systmes. It seems SI are adding small cosmetic things, mainly to draw in new costumers, and not for us, the long time CM/FM players.

As each year goes by, i am more and more disappointed with the game, and as SI are getting large amounts of new costumers, they are also losing large amounts of old gamers, that have been playing the game for years (Myself since CM 2). Anyhow, i've pre ordered the game again this year, only because it is still the best option for a football manager game.

I know this might not be the place for this post, but I still hope someone from SI sees this and absorb the message, instead of going all defensive, as they usually do. This is just what I feel, and I hope some of the other veteran players can sympathize with this.

Im sure I read a section in a blog by Miles announcing longer term loans . :S

That's what I thought too. But I guess there are other more important things.

But as I said in the previous post, its easier to add some things, that are, lets say, easier to market (press conferences, female managers, 3d), and leave some out, which are, lets say less attractive and are more important to long time gamers (match engine, transfer system, scouting ect.- which are all systems that really make the game, and still have loads of improvments).

Archived