Should we have a demo at least 1 month before the game goes gold?

Have a demo before the game goes gold?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Have a demo before the game goes gold?

• yes
    • no

I remember a few years back a demo was released about a month before the game goes gold. Players like us managed to give the game a try and able to point out many bugs and stuff and as such when the game is out, it ain't that buggy and requires a patch as soon as the game starts selling.

However, in recent years this practice ceased to exist. This resulted in countless bugs spotted even after the game goes gold and a patch is need almost immediately after the games was released.

SIGAMES gave the reason that they already have over a few 1,000 people involved in the closed beta test but it seems that these 1,000 odd people ain't able to point out a lot of the bugs.

As such I am calling on SIGAMES to reconsider having a demo before the game goes gold.

If they gotta release a game with a patch on the day itself. It shows a lot about the QC of the game. I know sure the demo sure got lotsa bugs. But we can reduce the possibility of it happening in the actual game by having a demo for the public to play, iron out the problem in the gold demo and then release the game...

Is there an official statement that says they gonna release a patchon the day of release of the game itself?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=1995568#post1995568

well you posted in a thread which linked to that. seems pretty obvious one is going to come out on day or release or day after.

If you even bother reading, the topic of the thread is about the activation and the time... The reply by Matt - SEGA replied to that query and also talked about the patch. Sure there is a patch, BUT no time and date was mentioned.

As such i can conclude that what you said still do not stand until you have evidence mentioning the date and time of the patch released to be on the day of the game release itself.

/okay nothing stating exact time and date but it seems pretty obvious it will be released very shortly after the game is released for activation. as he states patchchangelist should be released on Friday when SI get it live, i know that is not for certain but if SI are wanting to please players and buyers they will release is as soon as possible.

/okay nothing stating exact time and date but it seems pretty obvious it will be released very shortly after the game is released for activation. as he states patchchangelist should be released on Friday when SI get it live, i know that is not for certain but if SI are wanting to please players and buyers they will release is as soon as possible.

In this world nothing is impossible like there was talk of Lehman Brother is too important to fail but in the end the US govt just let them collapse. So obvious or not nothing is confirmed.

In this world nothing is impossible like there was talk of Lehman Brother is too important to fail but in the end the US govt just let them collapse. So obvious or not nothing is confirmed.

A wee bit simplistic to suggest that the "US govt just let them collapse" wouldn't you say ????

Not sure I see a connection with FM2009, but maybe I missed something.

Archived