Any player you always improve?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

Not me, I always use the data as it's given by SI as I'm guessing their researches know a lot more about a plyers ability than I do, even players at the club I support.

However, I've got nothing against anyone else doing it, each to their own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizz0:

There is no such thing as cheating.

So long as the game player enjoys playing the game and any changes via the editor enhances the game playing - why is this cheating?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

because your making the players tht you own better than they actually are?

i tend to trust SI's rating of the players considering the amount of people who actually rate the players on their behalf.

I mostly do the opposite thing. there are many players who are overated in my opinoum, like silva, aimar, rooney, gilardino some arsenal and man u youth, well exactly I changed my database pretty much icon_wink.gif and this year I had to change some croatian players as our national side is constantly underarted, just like english players are overated icon_razz.gif

I presume that most people who use the editor do increase their own teams players, granted.

But calling it cheating is a bit harsh!

I played as Wolves in my first game and it infuriated me that IMO the better players are players that cannot actually get into the team IRL!

So maybe, I can see the point of editing a team because these players may need some stats reduced but others may also need to be increased.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wizz0:

There is no such thing as cheating.

So long as the game player enjoys playing the game and any changes via the editor enhances the game playing - why is this cheating?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These figures have been researched. To change them yourself for your own gain is fraud deception and trickery! Or something...

Anyway, this game is a simulation and meant to be enjoyed that way.

well 1 thing I don't like is how many "well known" players don't have any atributes or they are half empty. and that's the 1st thing I do when I buy FM. it's irritating to see all those DCs with tackling 8 and corners 18 icon_mad.gif

researchers do good job in english leagues and some major ones also. but if you look at croatian league for example, it's an empty league. there is no point of playing it, before you fix it on editor. and there are many big mistakes in croatian league also (wrong staff, non existing players, poor judgment of CA/PA, wrong stadum capacity... ).

anyway I would say it's cheating if you make your team players better in unrealistic metter.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mitja:

well 1 thing I don't like is how many "well known" players don't have any atributes or they are half empty. and that's the 1st thing I do when I buy FM. it's irritating to see all those DCs with tackling 8 and corners 18 icon_mad.gif

researchers do good job in english leagues and some major ones also. but if you look at croatian league for example, it's an empty league. there is no point of playing it, before you fix it on editor. and there are many big mistakes in croatian league also (wrong staff, non existing players, poor judgment of CA/PA, wrong stadum capacity... ).

anyway I would say it's cheating if you make your team players better in unrealistic metter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

obviously SI need more croation based people to do the scouting for them then.

if your capapble of choosing a croatian team and watching them on a regular basis to get the stats then go for it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

I just improved David Wheater who had a PA - 130. What a joke. This guy is a great player. Just shows that players do need improving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's not a great player at all. He's a decent young player who has improved from when the research was done at the start of the season. If his PA is 130 in the game, then it should stay 130 in the game until officially updated and re-researched (if that's a word...)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jonfun1980:

Why should I not improve him, He is going to be a brilliant player. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen no evidence of this really. Like I say, he's pretty decent right now, but nothing more than that. What do you think his PA should be? And what club do you support?

I don't know enough about real players to start messing around with their attributes or PAs generally and if I do where would I stop? Doing it to a team I'm going to manage would just spoil the game for me and doing it to players in teams I'm not going to manage is potentially an infinite process!

Only thing I've used the editor for is to add a completely new club for a savegame I am trying and to add towns that are not included in the database in the area I live - this has no effect on the game except that when I manage my local club (and indeed some at other clubs too) I hope to start getting some youth players who are born in some of these nearby towns rather than almost exclusively the town of the club itself.

Just to point out - a lot of youngsters in the game start with variable PA set within certain limits to give each game a bit of variation, and stop every new save started being a carbon copy of the last one.

So in your game Wheater might have a PA of 130, in another game that PA might be 150.

PA- 160

Man Utd & Bristol City.

I am a football fan and I watch every game I can, I have seen him play a lot this season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm ok. But why do you care about David Wheater so much? You gotta just leave things as they are, until the researchers change details themselves. I'm pretty sure his CA and PA are correct for when the research was done. Bear in mind FM08 starts in August. It's now February. Plenty of players have player better/worse than they should have. It's called form.

So does anyone alse agree with me that Wheater is better than PA -130 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the start of August? No. PA 130 sounds fine.

Archived