Steam Pre Order - This item is currently unavailable in your region ? (Implications ?

So, i´m living in Germany and after 2 years of skipping FM (PC was too crappy, had no time) i want to buy the new FM (more time and a sufficient system now). Now it is not really distributed in Germany , so i wanted to do it via Steam and got that message.

I know how to purchase a Box Copy from a online game store in germany (found only that one) or if worse comes to worse could have someone send me a copy from the UK, but will it even work or is this the same problem as f.e. trying to play a US DVD on a European DVD player ?

Thanks for reading,

Mario

the same thing for Russia?

if so, you guys make it very complicated to buy your game here in communist dungeon, cause there's no official release (nobody talks about loaclisation, though!) and no possibility to download it via steam.

We, in Russia, understand, that the market of ours is rather small to deal with, possibly there is not a great number of hardcore players, but still there's an army of loyal ones, who started in 90's and still love the game. The only thing we need is the equal (comparing to other countries) treatment.

Just answer the question - would you be happy and would you wait for you favourite game, album etc. for 2 weeks or more, if you know that the rest of the world already has and enjoys it?! Probably, you would. Maybe once or twice..and we face it every @#$% year, you know. Even if i have a card (i mean visa, etc) (the most of players in Russia don't have them, the wage is still in cash, like in ancient times) i can't do anything, except ordering a copy through e-shops..i won't say that the delievery would cost other 5-10 pounds - i can afford this. But i will wait for it veeeery long. Usually it takes about a month..how do you like it, huh?

The only thing I ask you on behalf of all the russian FM-community - help us somehow. You should know our web-site - www.fmfan.ru. Maybe you'll connect with some members and give us some recommendations?.. i think it would be great.

Thank you for the Game. Waiting you here with bears, snow and vodka.

Thank you, Matt..

But what about licensing? What is the difficulty precisely? Is it somehow connected with legislation in Russia? Or there are b2b problems, which do not let you to sell your product here?

Asking to understand how long could these problems be still on the way and maybe fans could somehow help to solve them..

Anyway, thanks one more time for doing all you are doing for us.

2 BayernMB

thx. i can buy game via couple of sites, but i strive to have it the fastest way i can

Archived